• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

rwfan007

MLB 2010 Season Thread

Rate this topic

Well folks, the time is near as pitchers and catchers are due to report to training camp in 4 days!! Screw the groundhog, this means spring is here! Still waiting to finish the final roster, so I will save that to a later date. It should be an interesting season to say the least with prominent stars changing logos this year. So here it is, baseball season is upon us!

I'm looking forward to the season but, am not looking forward to hearing Rod Allen or that s***ty April in the D song. They posted the five finalists for the April in the D song and all 5 of them make me want to go deaf. I swear the songs get worse every year.

Edited by RedWingsFan4Life

Hi

The T-Mac deal is absolutely fantastic for New York. They're really shedding money for next year. Of course, if they don't get anyone (which is what I'm rooting for lol), then it'll just be a worthless trade. And I also like how Houston gets Martin, that's good for their playoff run.

I'm liking your teams trade, Thomas is cráp, and I can see Law being a good shooter in a couple of years. Plus it doesn't really eat up their money so they can still make a move this summer.

The winner was clearly Minnesota today. Darko Milicic is totally going to save that franchise. Next KG right there

I personally can't wait for the season to start, the Tigers have a strong rotation (Hopefully Bonderman is doing as well as Verlander is saying) if they land Damon they have a decent (a few holes in it granted) offense and the Central is weak so the tigers most definitely are contenders this year.

ok......... why did we traxe granderson if we got someone older and more expensive instead? Sources at ESPN have stated that Damon is now a Tiger pending a physical.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4931560

Sold him high, the tigers believed he peaked as an offensive player, and with his pisspoor ability to hit lefties and his lack of plate discipline was hurting the tigers as much as his defense was helping. They got a lot of assets in return and have room starting in 2011 to make moves.

I stated my opinion about him in the 'Johnny Damon - Wings Fan' thread. I don't see him as an upgrade defensively or offensively over Guillen in left, and hopefully he's not playing center (not that the Tigers have a legitimate CF at this point). But he is a left handed bat, and at least it's only a one-year deal and not two like had been floated. Like Shaman says, the Tigers are just trying to tread water this year in a weak division. Let's just hope they spend money much wiser this time around.

QUOTE (Electrophile @ February 25, 2010 - 11:04PM) So am I. It sucks he's gone, but I wish him well in Detroit.

Just wondering, why the Yankees?

I've answered that question about 10 times since I first mentioned I was a fan. No offense, but I'm getting a little tired of having to explain why I root for this team or that team. However to go ahead and satiate your undying curiosity.......

When I was in 6th grade (1994) my very good friend and her family were from NY. Her dad had season tickets to the White Sox so he could see the Yankees whenever they came to town. I went with them to a game one Saturday afternoon and started following the team with her. It's been what.....16 years now?

Yeesh.

My prediction for the Tigers is 86-76 for the season. Verlander will be in the top 3 for the Cy Young again this year, and Miguel Cabrera will be right up there in the MVP race. The rotation should be the strength of this team, with Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, then one of Alfredo Figaro, Armando Galaraga, Dontrelle Willis (he has had a really good spring so far!) or Eddie Bonine. They will keep the Tigers in most games, and with the decent batting lineup the Tigers have, they should be able to win some games with the big bats. The bullpen could be a strength for them too... Phil Coke, Bobby Seay, a healthy Joel Zumaya, the new closer Jose Valverde, Nate Robertson, and Daniel Schlereth. Plus whichever of the starters that dont make the rotation could be used from the bullpen as well. It sucked to see them let Polanco, Lyon, and Rodney walk for nothing... and I'm not a huge fan of the Damon signing, but I still see this being a good team this year. 86-76 will not be enough to win the division or wild card, but a solid 2nd place in the division with the Twins winning it again.

My prediction for the Tigers is 86-76 for the season. Verlander will be in the top 3 for the Cy Young again this year, and Miguel Cabrera will be right up there in the MVP race. The rotation should be the strength of this team, with Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, then one of Alfredo Figaro, Armando Galaraga, Dontrelle Willis (he has had a really good spring so far!) or Eddie Bonine. They will keep the Tigers in most games, and with the decent batting lineup the Tigers have, they should be able to win some games with the big bats. The bullpen could be a strength for them too... Phil Coke, Bobby Seay, a healthy Joel Zumaya, the new closer Jose Valverde, Nate Robertson, and Daniel Schlereth. Plus whichever of the starters that dont make the rotation could be used from the bullpen as well. It sucked to see them let Polanco, Lyon, and Rodney walk for nothing... and I'm not a huge fan of the Damon signing, but I still see this being a good team this year. 86-76 will not be enough to win the division or wild card, but a solid 2nd place in the division with the Twins winning it again.

It could be closer than you think in the Central. With Nathan out of the picture for an extended period of time this year, the central is definitely up for grabs now.

It could be closer than you think in the Central. With Nathan out of the picture for an extended period of time this year, the central is definitely up for grabs now.

i just heard tonite that Francisco Liriano will probably be the closer for the Twins... that could be just as bad as Nathan lol

Can't wait for Braves to start. Last year our pitching was great but our hitting plain sucked. This offseason we made a few trades to get some help on offense as well as free up some money. We also have phenom Jason Heyward just waiting to start with the big league team. 6'6" 250 and has a world of potential.