• Please log in to reply
270 replies to this topic

#21 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 12 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

My prediction for the Tigers is 86-76 for the season. Verlander will be in the top 3 for the Cy Young again this year, and Miguel Cabrera will be right up there in the MVP race. The rotation should be the strength of this team, with Verlander, Porcello, Scherzer, Bonderman, then one of Alfredo Figaro, Armando Galaraga, Dontrelle Willis (he has had a really good spring so far!) or Eddie Bonine. They will keep the Tigers in most games, and with the decent batting lineup the Tigers have, they should be able to win some games with the big bats. The bullpen could be a strength for them too... Phil Coke, Bobby Seay, a healthy Joel Zumaya, the new closer Jose Valverde, Nate Robertson, and Daniel Schlereth. Plus whichever of the starters that dont make the rotation could be used from the bullpen as well. It sucked to see them let Polanco, Lyon, and Rodney walk for nothing... and I'm not a huge fan of the Damon signing, but I still see this being a good team this year. 86-76 will not be enough to win the division or wild card, but a solid 2nd place in the division with the Twins winning it again.

It could be closer than you think in the Central. With Nathan out of the picture for an extended period of time this year, the central is definitely up for grabs now.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#22 shaeb30

shaeb30

Jimmy Howard's Future 3rd String

• Pip
  • 101 posts

Posted 14 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

It could be closer than you think in the Central. With Nathan out of the picture for an extended period of time this year, the central is definitely up for grabs now.

i just heard tonite that Francisco Liriano will probably be the closer for the Twins... that could be just as bad as Nathan lol

#23 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,514 posts

Posted 18 March 2010 - 09:59 PM

i just heard tonite that Francisco Liriano will probably be the closer for the Twins... that could be just as bad as Nathan lol

I'll take my chances with anyone but Nathan. He's never blown a save against the Tigers.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#24 BamaWing

BamaWing

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 334 posts

Posted 19 March 2010 - 07:36 PM

Can't wait for Braves to start. Last year our pitching was great but our hitting plain sucked. This offseason we made a few trades to get some help on offense as well as free up some money. We also have phenom Jason Heyward just waiting to start with the big league team. 6'6" 250 and has a world of potential.

Posted Image

#25 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 09:13 AM

Opening day is fast approaching :cool:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#26 betterREDthandead

betterREDthandead

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,744 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 12:44 PM

Great. Takes him out of the rotation. I'd rather face Liriano for one inning than for seven.
Posted Image
"Before Detroit games, the meetings are always longer." - Nashville's Paul Kariya

#27 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 26 March 2010 - 05:21 PM

Getting excited. :thumbup:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#28 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 11:09 AM

Well Tiger fans, this is it. Jim Leyland has announced his opening day lineup! And to face Zack Greinke:

1. CF Austin Jackson
2. LF Johnny Damon
3. RF Magglio Ordonez
4. 1B Miguel Cabrera
5. DH Carlos Guillen
6. 3B Brandon Inge
7. C Gerald Laird
8. 2B Scott Seizemore
9. SS Adam Everett

P Justin Verlander

Not too shabby of an opening day lineup! Really getting excited to see what this mix of vets and youngsters can do.

http://freep.com/art...iving-his-dream

Edited by rwfan007, 28 March 2010 - 11:10 AM.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#29 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,951 posts

Posted 28 March 2010 - 12:02 PM

Good opening lineup. I like it :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#30 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,514 posts

Posted 29 March 2010 - 02:38 PM

I like the top of the order much more than last season in terms of speed. The bottom of the order is a disaster on paper. Defense and pitching are going to have to carry the Tigers again for any chance at the playoffs.

I think Maggs is going to have a GREAT season with all of the off-field distractions in his life thankfully cleared up. The key to the Tigers success though is Miguel Cabrera, which means Carlos Guillen has to be a legitimate threat batting fifth. Cabrera can flat-out rake but he needs some support behind him or teams will just pitch around him.

One week from today is Opening Day! One of the best days of the year!

#31 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 30 March 2010 - 01:48 PM

Well, bye bye "Gum Time" Tigers trade away Nate "Gum Time" Robertson to the Marlins for a minor leaguer and cash considerations. Nate is contracted to receive $10 million this year, so that is a huge weight out of Ilitch's pocket. That leaves Bonderman and Willis to take the last 2 starting spots.

1. Verlander
2. Scherzer
3. Porcello
4. Willis
5. Bonderman

http://freep.com/art...tson-to-Marlins

Posted Image

#32 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 05:38 PM

Well everybody, the season officially starts tonight with Yankees/Red Sox, and the Tigers kick off tomorrow in KC! It's April everybody, baseball is back!

Posted Image

#33 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 04 April 2010 - 07:50 PM

And Granderson opens his stint with the yanks with a bomb to center.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#34 8 Legged RedWing

8 Legged RedWing

Arms... Legs... Whatever.

• Bronze Booster
  • 1,281 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 02:43 PM

So excited for the Tigers game today. Hopefully Verlander can out duel Greinke. The rest of the royals suck so we should get the W today. Come on Tigs!!!

#35 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 03:15 PM

Shawn Marcum pitched a no hitter through 6.1 and then lost it on blooper to right of Vladdy. Disappointing. He was owning the Rangers line-up.

Edited by zettie85, 05 April 2010 - 03:48 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#36 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,514 posts

Posted 05 April 2010 - 07:34 PM

Tigers win on Opening Day! Great game with some timely hitting and the bullpen coming through nicely. Zumaya was impressive, so was Perry.

Nice start to the season and awesome to have some baseball again!

#37 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 12:06 AM

Phil Coke has a magnificent mullet. That's gonna come in handy this year, no doubt.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#38 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 06 April 2010 - 05:58 PM

I'm you have all seen it but it was a very sharp play for opening day. :clap:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#39 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 01:47 PM

very interested to see what Scherzer can do for the Tigers tonight.

Posted Image

#40 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,514 posts

Posted 07 April 2010 - 11:47 PM

Well, Rodney made it interesting too often BUT at least he actually got the save always.

Come on Valverde... Alberto Callaspo, are you serious?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users