#61 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 09:08 AM

4-2 against New York and Boston, not bad :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#62 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 05:46 PM

I am very confused by this Tigers team. With a 22-17 record, they are good, but I don't think I know which team will show up on a nightly basis.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#63 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:50 AM

I am very confused by this Tigers team. With a 22-17 record, they are good, but I don't think I know which team will show up on a nightly basis.

Disappointing game yesterday.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#64 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 04:14 PM

I saw the video of this on TSN, but cannot find it on the internet; from http://www.theglobea...rticle1574368/'>The Globe and Mail :

God Bless: Usual Suspects’ appeal for fewer televised anthems drew a lot of comment last week. “When would be an appropriate time to show the anthem?” asked a few readers. Allow us to present Monday night at Yankee Stadium. In the middle of the seventh, Red Sox manager Terry Francona hustled out of the dugout to argue a call with umpire Angel Campos. Just as Francona got a good spray going in Campos’ face, the PA system broke out God Bless America.

Both Francona and Campos suddenly snapped to attention, stifling the debate. By the time the last chord of GBA echoed through Yankee Stadium, Francona had lost much of his vitriol. He retreated to the dugout. End of debate. Talk about sweet music.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#65 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 08:22 AM

Nice game last night for the Tigers. :thumbup:

#66 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,375 posts

Posted 29 May 2010 - 10:18 PM

Later, Dontrelle. Thanks a bunch for those two wins. If Dombrowski hadn't given out some of the worst deals ever to Willis, Robertson, and Bonderman then maybe the Tigers could have some real starting pitching depth right now after Verlander. Or someone, anyone that could hit in the bottom third of the order. Inge, Laird and Everett are three free outs and the Tigers defense sucks anyways so that hasn't even made up for it whatsoever.

I hope Dombrowski learned his lession about giving blank checks to garbage starting pitchers. The Tigers should be winning the division every season with their payroll and they are hamstrung by a bunch of scrubs who now aren't even on the team anymore.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#67 cusimano_brothers

cusimano_brothers

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,615 posts

Posted 30 May 2010 - 07:48 AM

A: The most number of hits a team can possibly get in an inning without scoring a run.
Please make sure your answer is in the form of a question.

"Mess up tomorrow, don't mess up now".

- Harry James Benson, CBE.

#68 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 01 June 2010 - 08:35 AM

Losing a series to Oakland? Not cool.

#69 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:34 PM

C'mon Armando!

#70 heinz57

heinz57

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 07:58 PM

C'mon Armando!

He was ROBBED.

#71 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:00 PM

Jim Joyce blew that call. Holy s***. That was the worst call in baseball history. The runner was out by a step and he called him safe. Total f*** job. An NHL ref could have made that call.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#72 Echolalia

Echolalia

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,055 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:09 PM

Holy Jesus. Gallaraga has the gem in my book.

#73 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:18 PM

Jim Joyce is gonna be hung in effigy after that one. You'd wish they could overturn that, but even if they did Galarraga and the team don't get their on field celebration. But it's great to see Galarraga looking like his old self again.

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#74 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:20 PM

That was one of the worst calls I've ever seen in the 16 years I've been watching professional baseball. Holyf****** s***. There's no way it'll be overturned, but hopefully this means the end of Joyce's career.

If I was Leyland, it would have taken the whole team to hold me back from punching that ******* in the face.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#75 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:22 PM

WHAT THE HELL JUST HAPPENED?! I am still trying to figure this out! How can anyone at all call that guy safe???? Especially for the peticular situation!! JIM JOYCE MUST GO!!

TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#76 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:23 PM

What a bunch of busch league bulls***. It's not like these things come around all the time. It wasn't even friggin close. Can they overturn these kind of things?

#77 HankthaTank

HankthaTank

3rd Line Center

• Silver Booster
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

Posted Image Can't let it go. Tigers goggles off for a second here.... Worst call in baseball history!
TO WHOM MUCH IS GIVEN, MUCH IS EXPECTED.

#78 rwfan007

rwfan007

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:29 PM

if he was obviously safe, but the ump called him out to seal a perfect game, the losing team would be a little angry, but thats it. The opposite happened here and it is infinitely worse. This kid pitched a hell of a game and was gunna be the first perfect game in tigers history, but that dips*** in blue will need the secret service to get him out of detroit tonight.

Posted Image

Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity. - General George S. Patton

#79 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:35 PM

If he threw Miguel out for yapping at him I wonder if he would've made it out of the ballpark injury free

#80 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 June 2010 - 08:39 PM

Well atleast we can say that there are bad calls in every sport.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users