• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings1110

Grand rapids

Rate this topic

im hopin callahan i love that kid

This Callahan?

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350" />

Lashoff should finally be old enough. :thumbup:

I have serious man love for Lashoff.

My hopes for that kid are pretty high, but I had pretty high expectations for Axelsson too. I have a feeling this American dman will turn out just fine.

article_30061_2.jpg

If the policy below is still the rule:

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=403429

There is a private agreement in place between the NHL and the CHL that governs when a player coming from the CHL can play in the AHL. A player from the CHL has to either turn 20 by December 31st of the season (ie a player born in 1987 can start playing in the 2007-08 season, a player born in 1988 can start playing in the 2008-09 season etc.) OR have completed 4 seasons of junior eligibility. This agreement also covers European players if they are drafted out of the CHL (Examples would be players like Petr Vrana and Ivan Vishnevskiy). Also - CHL players are eligible to play in the AHL once their junior season is over (either by virtue of their junior team not making the playoffs or being eliminated from the playoffs) even if they don't yet meet the age or eligibility criteria listed above.

College players and European players (provided they are drafted out of Europe--even if they later play in the CHL) are not covered by this agreement. They only have to abide by the AHL's age requirement, which is that a player has to turn 18 by September 15 of any given season to be eligible to play. While you won't see many 18-year olds in the AHL, some European players have played at that age (e.g. Niklas Bergfors)

and if we consider each player's personal reasons, then it's quite possible that these Wings prospects could be in GR next year:

Forwards:
Tomas Tatar
Jan Mursak
Cory Emmerton
Joakim Andersson**
Francis Pare
Brent Raedeke+
Willie Coetzee+
Stephen Johnston+""

Defensemen:
Brendan Smith+^^
Brian Lashoff+
Logan Pyett
Sergei Kolosov
Travis Ehrhardt
Sebastien Piche

Goaltenders:
Daniel Larsson
Thomas McCollum

+They would be an AHL rookie, but they may want to spend another year where they are now.

-Kindl and Ritola will challenge for roster spots on the Wings.

**The scouting staff loves Andersson and might want to bring him over from Sweden but he might want another year so he can play top-six minutes in the SEL.
-As far as the other Swedish prospects go, Dick Axelsson, Anton Axelsson and Johan Ryno should stay in Sweden, although in the case of Dick Axelsson it's not because he isn't talented/good enough to play in GR.
-Adam Almqvist and Jesper Samuelsson need major development time in the SEL

^^No one knows if Smith wants to finish school or not, but in regards to his hockey career itself, it's probably better for him to move on to the AHL.

-Gustav Nyquist, Max Nicastro, Julien Cayer, Nick Jensen, Nick Oslund and Bryan Rufenach will likely be in school.

-Ferraro, Nestrasil, Callahan and Fournier are too young.

""Johnston has to earn a contract first and the outlook of that is not so great. But I'm assuming he'll want to at least tryout.

-Unforunately Evan McGrath and Jamie Tardif don't have much of a future with the Wings and their contracts expire after this year but if they want to they could definitely still play for GR next year.

Luke Pither is a solid player in the OHL, hes top 10 in points. I know he wasn't drafted and I don't think any NHL team owns his rights. Would it be worth to maybe give him a chance?

article_30061_2.jpg

If the policy below is still the rule:

and if we consider each player's personal reasons, then it's quite possible that these Wings prospects could be in GR next year:

Forwards:

Tomas Tatar

Jan Mursak

Cory Emmerton

Joakim Andersson**

Francis Pare

Brent Raedeke+

Willie Coetzee+

Stephen Johnston+""

Defensemen:

Brendan Smith+^^

Brian Lashoff+

Logan Pyett

Sergei Kolosov

Travis Ehrhardt

Sebastien Piche

Goaltenders:

Daniel Larsson

Thomas McCollum

+They would be an AHL rookie, but they may want to spend another year where they are now.

-Kindl and Ritola will challenge for roster spots on the Wings.

**The scouting staff loves Andersson and might want to bring him over from Sweden but he might want another year so he can play top-six minutes in the SEL.

-As far as the other Swedish prospects go, Dick Axelsson, Anton Axelsson and Johan Ryno should stay in Sweden, although in the case of Dick Axelsson it's not because he isn't talented/good enough to play in GR.

-Adam Almqvist and Jesper Samuelsson need major development time in the SEL

^^No one knows if Smith wants to finish school or not, but in regards to his hockey career itself, it's probably better for him to move on to the AHL.

-Gustav Nyquist, Max Nicastro, Julien Cayer, Nick Jensen, Nick Oslund and Bryan Rufenach will likely be in school.

-Ferraro, Nestrasil, Callahan and Fournier are too young.

""Johnston has to earn a contract first and the outlook of that is not so great. But I'm assuming he'll want to at least tryout.

-Unforunately Evan McGrath and Jamie Tardif don't have much of a future with the Wings and their contracts expire after this year but if they want to they could definitely still play for GR next year.

As I have stated before on the thread bearing his name, i would be extremely wary of bringing Smith up to the AHL for 2 reasons 1. because he has holes in his defensive game that are already exposed at the college level and if they are exposed there, they will only be worse in the AHL..and 2. I follow college hockey pretty closely and in most cases the players who end up leaving school early don't progress to the NHL any faster than players who fulfill their NCAA eligibility...Smith should stay in college another year.