• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Wings4Life19

One year ago today

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Why don't you learn to read. The OP didn't say any of what you accused him of. If you're going to be an overly serious brown-nosing police officer, then at least have the decency to take your job seriously and do it well.

The OP is comparing the situation the Wings are in to the situation that the Pens were in last season. In order for it to be the same situation the Wings would have to fire Babcock and make some deadline deals. Plenty of teams start off a season bad and make a hard charge at the end of the season to make the playoffs. That is nothing new. I'm simply pointing out that the situations are not the same and therefore the comparison is wrong. I guess this somehow offends you and acting like a baby makes you feel better. Keep up the good work on being a complete idiot.

we can't match one of the best teams in history. it just isn't going to happen

no playoffs for the wings :thumbdown:

Thankfully the season doesn't end today.

They may make it, they may not. I'm very hopefully and cautiosuly optimistic but the odds aren't all that great and the Wings are probably going to have to rely on other teams not playing well either. If the Wings can somehow get a ridiculous winning streak of 5+ games or whatever the odds obviously improve, but other things/other teams sturggling will have to fall into place as well to improve the Wings standing.

Guest Lidstromboli

It was just a year ago today,

Dan Bylsma taught his team to play

They were on the verge of blowing up

But they're guaranteed to raise a cup

So may I introduce to you

The team you've always feared

Sidney Crosby's Lonely No Wingers Band

We're Sidney Crosby's Lonely No Wingers Band

We hope you will enjoy the show

Sit back and let the penalties go

Sidney Crosby's Lonely, Sidney Crosby's Lonely

I did not know it was possible to abuse booze and model airplane glue this bad !

Sgt Pepper has been in my head ever since I initially read the thread's title.

I think the OP's point was that a year ago, no one would have thought that the Pens would make the playoffs. Right now, it's not looking good for us.

The Pens fired their head coach and it sent them on a roll. We just got back Mule. The Wings look better with him in the game.

I think what the OP was saying is that bringing back Mule is similar to the Pens getting a new head coach. It is a change that is felt immediately and could turn the tide.

It is not too late for a playoff run. The Pens last year are proof of that.

If I'm misunderdanding you, Wings4Life19, please let me know and accept my apologies.

you are correct, 55fan. I now know that if Howard He Do It?! is going to read a post that I wrote I need to assume that not everyone will be able to understand the point that i'am making.

It did make quite a difference when Fleury left the net and scored those goals as a forward...

wait...

:blink: :blink: :blink:

Don't discount Fleury's goalscoring prowess so easily. He had a beauty in game 6 of 2008. You remember- Hank got the assist and that was the one that won the Cup for us...

Not sure if Fleury has a big enough butt to score for his own team, but it worked out well for us.

The Penguins fired Michel Therrien and then immediately went on a roll. Maybe if the Wings brass finally got rid of McCrimmon and replaced him with a defensively sound coach.

was barry smith a defensive coach? i dont remember i just saw a picture of him the other day and was thinking he was a lot better than mccrimon

To be honest with you though, the East is pretty much a joke compared to the West, so it's hard to compare the situations. Pittsburgh was what, the 6 seed last year? It still didn't matter because there aren't any real good teams outside of Washington, Pittsburgh, and New Jersey (last year it was even worse). In the West, everything is so tight that I wouldn't be surprised to see any one of the 8 teams make it all that way. If the Wings are going to make a run, they're going to have to play incredible hockey.

I'm so sick of these threads. How many of them do we need? The Wings are not going to fire Babcock and the Wings do not play in the joke that they call the East. The Wings will make the playoffs, but they will not be a 4 seed.

Howard sucks. he would be a backup on any other team, dummy.

What does Jimmy Howard have to do with the topic at hand here? If all you're going to do here is talk smack and bait people, you aren't going to last all that long.

Guest Crymson

Let it be known that this was either a playful joke or a very ill-informed attempt at trolling.