• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Team_All-Star

Stefan Liv

Rate this topic

I know the wings drafted Liv in the 2000 draft and he played one year in Grand Rapids and one year in the UCHL before signing back in the swedish elite league. What I am wondering is if he is still wings property, and if so do you think we will ever see him here again?

I'm fairly sure the Wings don't have any claim to him anymore. No, you won't be seeing him here again. At least not in a Wings uniform.

Mindfly: I'm presuming you've seen more of him than we have. Why don't you like him?

Edited by Zetts

Guest mindfly
I'm fairly sure the Wings don't have any claim to him anymore. No, you won't be seeing him here again. At least not in a Wings uniform.

Mindfly: I'm presuming you've seen more of him than we have. Why don't you like him?

Because he sucks, it's that simple. He's like Osgood.

Edited by mindfly

He was really immature I would read. The britney spears paint job on his helmet. He was just...not a solid goaltender.

I read that he had more interest in being like Hasek and making the highlight reel save instead of having good positioning and just blocking the puck.

He actually wasn't any better or any worse than most of the goalies we had in GR. Stefan was brought in to play second fiddle to Jimmy Howard and was kind of treated like a second class citizen from the start. Following Jimmy and Joey MacDonald was difficult - they are still the two most loved Griffins goalies ever.

I don't think he was immature (at least not apparent to fans/season ticket holders). He was just a nice, quiet guy - married with a small son at the time. At the request of his teammates, Stefan had his mom bring over the gold medal he had earned from the 2006 olympics when she visited from Sweden at Christmastime. That would have been sweet to see.

Stefan did have a lot of helmets. I think he said a good friend was a designer and painter; at the time his main one was far cooler than any we were used to seeing. Granted, Drew McIntyre's pink care bear one was pretty funny.

Edited by GROwl

At least he finished the season here (unlike Dick Axelsson and Johan Ryno - twice!). Stefan also didn't spend the year whining about playing in the AHL, the long bus rides, the food, etc. like some of the others!

Not sure if the stream works in the States, but LIVE now, on Swedish TV - Stefan Liv is being honored. His jersey will be hoisted.

Liv was among the players that died with the rest of the Lokomotiv Yaroslavl-team in a plane crash last year.

http://svtplay.se/v/2670370/stefan_livs_troja_hissas

The video is no longer there (Videon du försöker nå saknas. Rättigheterna för videon har gått ut och därför har videon plockats bort.), but thanks for posting anyway. It's nice to know he's not forgotten.

RIP

Edited by 55fan

The video is no longer there (Videon du försöker nå saknas. Rättigheterna för videon har gått ut och därför har videon plockats bort.), but thanks for posting anyway. It's nice to know he's not forgotten.

RIP

It was a live stream.

RIP

Yep, Live stream.. but its posted on several swedish newspaper-sites ++

Does this work? : http://tv.expressen.se/sport/1.2675897/har-hissar-sonen-stefan-livs-troja

(Was Livs 5 year old son who hoisted his banner)