• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Behind Enemy Lines in CO

Anyone Else Miss the Larger International Rinks?

Rate this topic

He's saying the Olympics should be played on international ice because that's the way it always has been. It has nothing to do with what the fans want to see... it's because as far as I know they have ALWAYS used the larger ice surface and for the sake of saving money they decided to play in Vancouver on NHL ice.

So, anyone else miss the larger international-sezed rinks during Olympic play? I used to really like them as it was my only opportunity to see hockey on the larger ice surface.

After watching the first few games of these Olympics on the NHL-sized ice I feel like I am missing something.

Oh well. <_<

Yes, I wish the NHL used that size.

He's saying the Olympics should be played on international ice because that's the way it always has been. It has nothing to do with what the fans want to see... it's because as far as I know they have ALWAYS used the larger ice surface and for the sake of saving money they decided to play in Vancouver on NHL ice.

At the NHL premiere in Stockholm, they changed the size of the ice for 2 games. I just find it weird that they can't change it for the entire olympics (I do understand that it is probably more expensive to switch from small ice to big, but still..).

Edited by Jocke

At the NHL premiere in Stockholm, they changed the size of the ice for 2 games. I just find it weird that they can't change it for the entire olympics (I do understand that it is probably more expensive to switch from small ice to big, but still..).

I agree. Apparently playing on the smaller ice saved 10 million and freed up 35000 tickets. This article only mentions GM place but I believe they are using 2-3 rinks for the mens and womens hockey so they would have had to make the changes to these rinks as well.

So, anyone else miss the larger international-sezed rinks during Olympic play? I used to really like them as it was my only opportunity to see hockey on the larger ice surface.

After watching the first few games of these Olympics on the NHL-sized ice I feel like I am missing something.

Oh well. <_<

NOPE!