• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Russia vs Czech Republic (Group B)

Rate this topic

Guest zackmorris

Oh God, Malkintard gets two goals. Now we'll have to hear the sheep preach that moving Dats was a good idea.

they don't have a tape delay in california, do they? well actually, I'm dumb because you're in the same time zone as the Olympics haha... don't know what to tell you. in Detroit it's on NBC.

wow... Ovechkin practically kills Jagr, turns around and the Russians score!

it's like how long can they tape delay this when the Canada/USA game is on at 4.... They are showing ice dancing for god sake.... shoot me. PLEASE?! I want my hockey!

Oh God, Malkintard gets two goals. Now we'll have to hear the sheep preach that moving Dats was a good idea.

Moving Dats WAS a good idea. His style totally doesn't mesh with OV and Semin. He needs to carry the puck, not watch the other 2 skate it end to end. Kovy+Dats is a much better fit.

Edited by sibiriak

Guest zackmorris
Moving Dats WAS a good idea. His style totally doesn't mesh with OV and Semin. He needs to carry the puck, not watch the other 2 skate it end to end. Kovy+Dats is a much better fit.

No it wasn't. Malkin coughs up every puck he touches unless he gets gift goals.

Pav and Ovie was perfect. It was Semin that ruined the line.

No it wasn't. Malkin coughs up every puck he touches unless he gets gift goals.

Pav and Ovie was perfect. It was Semin that ruined the line.

OV-Semin-Malkin line is strictly speed North-South movement, if Malkin turns the puck over, they just come back and try again. When Malkin played with Kovy and Afinogenov, his turnover would usually mean an odd man rush agains, because the other two forwards would be deep in the opposition zone. Playing with the Caps duo, Malkinn's defensive liability is minimized, while Dats offensive potential is not being wasted on OV's line.

Guest zackmorris
OV-Semin-Malkin line is strictly speed North-South movement, if Malkin turns the puck over, they just come back and try again. When Malkin played with Kovy and Afinogenov, his turnover would usually mean an odd man rush agains, because the other two forwards would be deep in the opposition zone. Playing with the Caps duo, Malkinn's defensive liability is minimized, while Dats offensive potential is not being wasted on OV's line.

I don't get this sheep thinking that Pav was being wasted. He was playing fine. He did work most people don't even notice that set up goals in previous games.

Pav got moved a) because Semin sucked but the coach didn't have the sack to split up the Caps linemates and b) the crybaby wanted to C Ovie and make himself look better and got his way.

Malkin's goals were gifts. He had to do absolutely no work. His turnovers have almost cost Russia some goals against. Just wait until they play Sweden or Canada-Malkin's turnovers will finally cost them and he can't score 2 goals a game every game.

I don't get this sheep thinking that Pav was being wasted. He was playing fine. He did work most people don't even notice that set up goals in previous games.

Pav got moved a) because Semin sucked but the coach didn't have the sack to split up the Caps linemates and b) the crybaby wanted to C Ovie and make himself look better and got his way.

Malkin's goals were gifts. He had to do absolutely no work. His turnovers have almost cost Russia some goals against. Just wait until they play Sweden or Canada-Malkin's turnovers will finally cost them and he can't score 2 goals a game every game.

You misunderstand me. I am not saying that Malkin is a superior center to Datsyuk. You seem to think that Dats was demoted. He wasn't. There's no 1st, 2nd 3rd lines on Russian Oly team, just 4 equal lines. Dats on Kovy line and Malkin on OV line represents a better use of available assets by coach Bykov. See above for the reasons I think so. It's hard to argue with results, Malkin got 2 goals today, and that line didn't get scored upon.

Guest zackmorris
You misunderstand me. I am not saying that Malkin is a superior center to Datsyuk. You seem to think that Dats was demoted. He wasn't. There's no 1st, 2nd 3rd lines on Russian Oly team, just 4 equal lines. Dats on Kovy line and Malkin on OV line represents a better use of available assets by coach Bykov. See above for the reasons I think so. It's hard to argue with results, Malkin got 2 goals today, and that line didn't get scored upon.

I don't find it hard to argue with results, I just have the guts to go against the sheeple that don't seem to think you can question goal scoring.

Malkin has been a turnover machine all season and he brought it right into the Olympics. He almost cost Russia about 3 goals today. Just you watch, he won't score 2 goals a game but he'll sure as hell turn it over non stop. Everyone's high on him now but just wait 'til later.

And if you want to talk about puck hogs, look no further than Kovalchuk. They just saw a chance to have Pav look after Kov's lazy ass.

Edit: Goal Pav. Justice. The guy doing allt he dirty work is rewarded with a goal.

Edited by zackmorris

Certainly can't deny that he's having a tremendous Olympics so far. I don't like listening to Pierre most of the time but I agree they ought to stick their best winger with their top center in Plekanec and see what happens.

He's still a ******. And nice that Dats got a goal.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

and thats game!

wtg russia!

canada still has a chance at number 1! :D