• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pavel Hossyukstrom

The Curling

Rate this topic

Oh hell yes, I'm watching...every session is on my DVR and I'm loving it. The only problem I have is this - who in the hell decided what the Norwegian team is wearing? Have you seen those pants they are wearing? First thought on seeing them - Ringling Brothers is going to call...the clowns want their wardrobe back.

Oh hell yes, I'm watching...every session is on my DVR and I'm loving it. The only problem I have is this - who in the hell decided what the Norwegian team is wearing? Have you seen those pants they are wearing? First thought on seeing them - Ringling Brothers is going to call...the clowns want their wardrobe back.

Haha yeah Sweden is playing against those clowns right now.. I think it's a tactic, try and get the opponent focused on the pants instead of the play..

You mean the pajamas and slippers :lol: Yeah I saw them.

curling is great,this is my 3rd Olympics watching it. I consider myself a strategist. I love slow unfolding games of strategy,heck I even like to watch the America's cup Yacht racing but then again am a nerd :-) I watched Canada vs Great Britain last night,that was curling at it's best. Thanks for telling me who won in today's game,I'm watching it right now

Edited by Dan Bylsma

No. Anyone who doesn't see the greatness in Curling just hasn't given it a chance. Hard to find a more strategic and suspenseful sport.

I get the strategy. I understand the sport. It is just so incredibly slow, I dont have the patience to watch it. Much like baseball, except that isn't nearly as bad.

It really isn't all that slow a game...there is so much strategy and mind playing involved...love it. And I'm with you - once every four years is not enough. Direct TV needs to add the CBC.

I'm starting to get into it. I never understood it before, thought it was boring, and just didn't care for it at all in the past and didn't think it had a place in Olympic sports, but the more they show it since I'm forced to watch it before a hockey game comes on, the more I started to like it. I love the strategy involved.

i've been enjoying catching some of the curling matches, that being said most of them seem to come down to the 10th end and who gets to throw the last rock... whoever throws the last rock has a huge advantage

plus denmark's womens curlers are hawt

edit: my friend just made this website and is selling a t-shirt about the Norwegian pants lol

http://goodwigdesign.com/

Edited by ilmickeyli

One of the all-time greats is Russ Howard, who skipped Team Canada Men's in 2006 and is helping with the commentary on CTV:

His autobiography is "Hurry Hard". He has not bellowed during the coverage...yet.

And, USA Men's was eliminated from medal contention yesterday.

yup beat by a bunch of noobs basically. China? I told you men's us curling was a lost cause.

Wow. Just found this thread. Last time I started a curling thread not one person responded. Glad it has some spectators during the Olympics at least. As much as I hate Kevin Martin he is probably the best in the world.