• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Canada vs United States (Group A)

Rate this topic

Best game I've ever seen.

Certainly one of the best I've seen Rafalski play. Play like that every game and $6 mil would be a steal. Keep it up when you get back to Detroit.

Miller was sensational, Erik Johnson was a beast as per usual and Kesler's empty netter was pure hustle.

That was kind of understood. I mean, look at the first game of these Olympics when Canada beat Norway 8-0 and the US only beat Switzerland 3-1. Many posters here rooting for Team Canada were basically handing out the flower bouquets.

Yep, just a total double-standard. But eh, in the end, the US is in great position right now and if it wasn't for the fact that Canada's next game is against Germany, they'd be precariously close to not even getting to the medal rounds. Mind you, if they choke against Germany, I'll laugh until I lose consciousness.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
So I guess when the Red Wings win a game that isn't in the playoffs or for the Stanley Cup, we shouldn't bother getting excited since it clearly didn't mean anything. Because getting excited would be like saying we already won the Cup.

oh yes by all no means get excited all you want....wings fans could use some excitement from after the olympic break til the beginning of april. cause as of now the wings are 9th in the conference on the outside looking in. so put together some winning streaks, and then you can say that the excitement was worth it!

Yep, just a total double-standard. But eh, in the end, the US is in great position right now and if it wasn't for the fact that Canada's next game is against Germany, they'd be precariously close to not even getting to the medal rounds. Mind you, if they choke against Germany, I'll laugh until I lose consciousness.

I love Steve, and I love Babs. I really love Steve. If that happens, I'll help funnel him money so he can build a new identity in New Zealand or something, some place they don't know who he is. Because if Canada loses to Germany the game after losing to the US, they're going to want his head on a silver platter.

Canada's top players are weak in big games, and I've been saying that from the beginning. Crosby has had two below average Stanley Cup Finals, Iginla hasn't won anything in the NHL and neither has Thornton, plus Calgary and SJ are the biggest choke teams in the NHL! Nash has only been in the playoffs once, and we took the Blue Jackets out 4 straight! Pronger, Neidermayer, and Brodeur need to lead this team or else Canada's done when they face Russia on Wednesday.

Look who scored tonight for the USA Rafalski, Langenbrunner, and Drury, all Stanley Cup Champions.

Sure, you could say that a few of their top players are underachievers when it comes to the big games - guys like Thornton, Marleau, Luongo, Nash (though I think that is TBD), but I wouldn't say that about Crosby. He's way above a point per game in the NHL playoffs. He's played terrific in these games so far, and I think you'd have a hard time disputing that. He's dangerous almost every time he's in the offensive zone. I really dislike Crosby too, but he is definitely not part of Canada's problem. Whether you like it or not, the guy can step up when it matters.

You could always hide Stevie in your basement, and then charge puckloo39, and chelischick admission when they come over to visit :ph34r:

LOL. Now there's an idea. That would help build up the funds needed to send him to New Zealand. I like the way you think.

You could always hide Stevie in your basement, and then charge puckloo39, and chelischick admission when they come over to visit :ph34r:

Excellent idea!!!

OT: This Rafalski dude...doesn't he play for the Wings? I don't remember seeing him before! :D

Even though the "game didn't count," it had to be a major confidence builder for a young U.S. team. And Miller played out of his MIND!

"oh yaay, we beat the canadians"

i mean i get that you're all happy that you won, but can you say it will be the same story if they meet for a medal? thats right..cause you dont..

if canada plays like they played tonight then its clear that the us was a more dominent team then canada...but until then...lets enjoy the hockey, and the qualification rounds!

this is a weak argument, everyone is proud so do not take that away

also canada was very eager to win, the winner of the game got a bye so everyone was playing as hard as they could

also canada and usa is always a important game no matter what and we have not beat canada in years so i am so proud and now we will have confidence to win in the future!

also canada did not play bad, but i think we took our chances and miller was amazing

From an ESPN article:

No, Canada

Bow down to Uncle Sam

We'll take the gold

You laid down like a lamb

With frying pans you tended goal

We scored on you at will

From far and wide, Oh Canada

We're scoring on you still.

God keep your nets

Wide open and emp-ty

O Canada

We scored five goals on thee

O Canada

U.S. with gold you'll see!

Well, Canada has proven to be embarrassingly inadequate at hockey, speed skating, bobsleigh, skiing, and not killing Georgians. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE IN THE LEAD FOR THE EVEN MORE BORING VERSION OF FIGURE SKATING, RIGHT?! <_<

Christ, March 1 can't come fast enough. These Games have been a complete failure for us.

From an ESPN article:

No, Canada

Bow down to Uncle Sam

We'll take the gold

You laid down like a lamb

With frying pans you tended goal

We scored on you at will

From far and wide, Oh Canada

We're scoring on you still.

God keep your nets

Wide open and emp-ty

O Canada

We scored five goals on thee

O Canada

U.S. with gold you'll see!

That's way too much. Wayyyy too much.

It was a good win but I'm sure the US will enjoy it tonight and then forget about it as soon as possible to maintain their focus.

I've never liked trash talking like that mainly because it only gives the opponent more motivation to win.

browsing /sp/ it seems

Probably the absolute last thing I should be doing after the clusterf*** that was tonight's game, but those curling threads are just too enticing.

me after work tonight:

eurqqv.jpg

hey that was pretty much me as well

haha

that made me chuckle

thanks lol

Well, Canada has proven to be embarrassingly inadequate at hockey, speed skating, bobsleigh, skiing, and not killing Georgians. BUT AT LEAST WE'RE IN THE LEAD FOR THE EVEN MORE BORING VERSION OF FIGURE SKATING, RIGHT?! <_<

Christ, March 1 can't come fast enough. These Games have been a complete failure for us.

lol what?

scott moir and tessa virtue are in 1st?!

well at least thats SOMETHING to be proud of if your canadian today...oh..and a silver medal too

.. :D :D :clap: :clap:

Edited by ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

lol what?

scott moir and tessa virtue are in 1st?!

well at least thats SOMETHING to be proud of if your canadian today...oh..and a silver medal too

.. :D :D :clap: :clap:

<_<

come on Canuck. Remember.

OWN THE PODIUM!!!!!

:yowza: