• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Kwame_Kilpatrick

Joe Thornton bad for canada and shark?

Rate this topic

i think joe thornton is very bad and i have never liked him especially compared to other canadian players like the great iginla and lemieux and yzerman. he has never been clutch and he does not play intense hockey and he does not even use his body enough because he is always going 2 miles per decade

overall i think his passing game is working in nhl because it is a slower pace but you can see in the olympics the speed is much higher

i do not think joe can pass in olympics with his slow style, and his sharks line is also bad, not clutch in any way, except heatley can be good

overall i think he is bad idk if anyone will agree but i have not trusted him. i would rather trust marco sturm with the game on the line or even maltby

Thornton sucks when it comes to crunch time... he should be on Team Canada but roll his line like a 3rd line or something, and maybe give him some PP time see how that works out... but in clutch situations like at the end of the game, not a chance in hell

:lol: Kwame you're the best.

All laughing aside, you are on to something and it's been a problem throughout his career. I'm not quite sure what exactly his deal is but he 'chokes'. At this point, it's almost as if it's a mindset problem.

First off, this thread made me laugh, thank you Kwame.

Second, ^this is what I used to think, Thornton's mindset as the problem. But Kwame brings up a good point on how Joe seems to have a slower game. When you watch him in the regular season, he seems to be moving slower and game the speed is slower. But when it comes to the playoffs, or in this case the Olympics, the came speed is much higher and intense and he just doesn't know how to perform in those situations. Why else would he completely disappear in clutch situations?

Second, ^this is what I used to think, Thornton's mindset as the problem. But Kwame brings up a good point on how Joe seems to have a slower game. When you watch him in the regular season, he seems to be moving slower and game the speed is slower. But when it comes to the playoffs, or in this case the Olympics, the came speed is much higher and intense and he just doesn't know how to perform in those situations. Why else would he completely disappear in clutch situations?

The way you put that makes a lot of sense. That's a very good point, I guess I've never thought of it that way.

Thornton is still a great player,sure he has choked in the past and ya for his size he should be killing anyone who is near him with the puck. just think though if he changed those little things in his game how much better he would be

thank you guys for agreeing and the support

if i am comparing joe to another i think of jagr, a big body and he is not as fast as he was but he uses his body well, i do not think joe uses it either, maybe he wishes he was smaller.

i dont think he is bad just not great and i do not think canada needs him to be honest. they have enough skill with crosby as the leader. i think the age gap is bad and it should be a very young team with many in the 20s and maybe iginla and 3 or 4 other old farts to help out but some are too old, pronger is old and mean and neidermayer is looking weird with the beard, i am not a fan of him, maybe i am still angry from the 2007 conference final but still i think he is overrated and agressive and i do not like looking at him with the beard, imagine if you are drew doughty and your linemate is 400 years old with a beard

Thornton is the Canadian version of Marian Hossa.

The entire Sharks line is a problem, problably their worst line because they just play right now like in their usual losing playoff series.

Getzlaf and Crosby lines have been great on the other hand.

The PP has been ridiculous. I don't agree with most Babcock bashers, but one thing is sure: Babcock was not to provide wings (or Canada) solutions to improve PP.

It costed us the Cup last year, and maybe the playoffs this year.

Thornton is the Canadian version of Marian Hossa.

The entire Sharks line is a problem, problably their worst line because they just play right now like in their usual losing playoff series.

Getzlaf and Crosby lines have been great on the other hand.

The PP has been ridiculous. I don't agree with most Babcock bashers, but one thing is sure: Babcock was not to provide wings (or Canada) solutions to improve PP.

It costed us the Cup last year, and maybe the playoffs this year.

Stopped reading there.

Hossa is not a playoff choker. Sorry.

Stopped reading there.

Hossa is not a playoff choker. Sorry.

Its hard to argue the stats on Hossa in the playoffs:

Hossa (Playoffs)- .77 points per game career

Thornton (Playoffs)- .70 points per game career

I would have to say if Thornton is a playoff choker than so is Hossa.

Its hard to argue the stats on Hossa in the playoffs:

Hossa (Playoffs)- .77 points per game career

Thornton (Playoffs)- .70 points per game career

I would have to say if Thornton is a playoff choker than so is Hossa.

Except Hossa has like 30 more games. And has a couple playoffs where he was great 02-03, 07-08.

Sorry it's not a comparison. Hossa is by no means a great playoff performer, but he is far from Thornton.

Except Hossa has like 30 more games. And has a couple playoffs where he was great 02-03, 07-08.

Sorry it's not a comparison. Hossa is by no means a great playoff performer, but he is far from Thornton.

Far from Thorton, you think .07 points per game is that far?

You guys are acting like Canada had an awful game. Miller played amazing, the team blocked shots and cleared rebounds.

How about the team's captain, who should of rallied his troops and played a flawless game but his giveaway directly led to Rafalski's first goal? The "great" Sidney Crosby scored a goal but him and Nash had a team worse -3 plus/minus

Or how about Thorton's linemate Marleau, who had 6 shots on goal but failed to deliver?

Everybody on Canada's roster is playing like s***.

Brodeur 18 saves to Miller's 42?

Shall I keep going?

Edited by Louisville

Far from Thorton, you think .07 points per game is that far?

PPG is such a crap statisic...

There is more to the story. Hossa has had several very good playoff performances, Thornton barely has one.

Get over your Hossa hate, he is one of the best wingers in the league and he had to play through an injury which required surgery last playoffs.

Hossa has more goals in one playoff run than Thornton has his whole playoff career.