• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jon22

Doc Emrick's call of Kesler's game ender

Rate this topic

From the guy who brought you, "Sounds of the Joe" or whatever I called it last year, here is Doc Emrick calling the game-ending empty net goal by Kesler. It gets me a little teary-eyed each time. I almost puked trying to record it, seeing as how I kept forgetting components upstairs and had to repeatedly sprint up and down them.

I had to shorten it a bit to keep it under the 500kb. If this is at all popular and anyone wants to host the slightly bigger version where that "Ole Ole" song is sung, let me know and I can upload it via FTP. It's under 700kb.

If it's not popular, then I wasted a lot of life on keyboard just now. Enjoy.

kesler_empty_net_2_.mp3

Guest Lidstromboli

this thread comes as NBC news actually acknowledged that the US has a hockey team

Guest Lidstromboli
I've never heard someone so excited about an empty netter. You'd have thought Doc himself got credit for the goal.

I've never heard someone so excited about an empty netter. You'd have thought Doc himself got credit for the goal.

You should have seen the '02 Stanley Cup victory empty netter by Shanny; very exciting.

Thanks for the OP, that was great. It was indeed a sweet move by Kesler.

From the guy who brought you, "Sounds of the Joe" or whatever I called it last year, here is Doc Emrick calling the game-ending empty net goal by Kesler. It gets me a little teary-eyed each time. I almost puked trying to record it, seeing as how I kept forgetting components upstairs and had to repeatedly sprint up and down them.

I had to shorten it a bit to keep it under the 500kb. If this is at all popular and anyone wants to host the slightly bigger version where that "Ole Ole" song is sung, let me know and I can upload it via FTP. It's under 700kb.

I dig it. Nice work. :D

This was great stuff - when it happened and hearing it again, thanks to you. And you're from Chicago? You certainly got my vote on two counts. THANKS!

Thanks for the new ringtone! A quality Doc soundbyte with no mention of waffleboarding.

Or DRIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIVE!

Overall I like Doc, every announcer has some annoying gimmicks and he has less than most others. And he seems to know the game.