• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Zetterberg the best swede in nhl, accoring to Team Sweden players

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

http://www.aftonbladet.se/sportbladet/vint...ticle6660912.ab

So he got the most votes on "who is the best swede in the NHL" by his team mates and countrymen in Tre Kronor.

Unique Poll: Who is the best swede in the NHL

Henrik Zetterberg, 8

Nicklas Bäckström, 4

Henrik Sedin, 4

Nicklas Lidström, 3

Henrik Lundqvist, 2

Daniel Sedin, 1

Quote:

"– Then they haven't seen me play in detroit this season"

:hehe:

Atleast he's keeping it real :D

I'd say Bäckström is better already and will be much better, as he's still young.

I agree, at least offensively. And right now I'd argue that Alfredsson's better too, and probably the Sedins. But Z does an amazing job on the backcheck and PK, no doubt about that. Just get scoring!!

Bäckström is in my opinion the best Swede in the NHL right now and he's still growing as a player. He'll be an elite playmaker for a long long time and pairing him up with Ovie is MONEY!

Couple things: Zetterberg is not the best Swede on the Red Wings this year, and Lidstrom is not only the best Swede on the team, he's the best in the league. And furthermore, Nicklas Lidström is still the best player of any nationality playing hockey today.

And yeah, I honestly, truly believe that. If I had to do a fantasy draft for the upcoming playoffs, Nick would be my #1 choice 998 times out 1000 (I'd pick 2 other guys once each just for s***s and giggles :P)

Couple things: Zetterberg is not the best Swede on the Red Wings this year, and Lidstrom is not only the best Swede on the team, he's the best in the league. And furthermore, Nicklas Lidström is still the best player of any nationality playing hockey today.

And yeah, I honestly, truly believe that. If I had to do a fantasy draft for the upcoming playoffs, Nick would be my #1 choice 998 times out 1000 (I'd pick 2 other guys once each just for s***s and giggles :P )

You are 100% right my friend!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Quote:

"– Then they haven't seen me play in detroit this season"

:hehe:

Atleast he's keeping it real :D

Kind of like his quote on his draft year.

"I didn't know they were doing the draft in alphabetical order."

But how could Zetterberg get the majority of votes? He's my favorite player and all but there's no way he's the best Swede in the NHL. Is Zetterberg Sweden's version of... of... of... Oh man I don't want to say his name... of... Crrrr... Crrrrrrr... Crrrrrro... Crrrrrrrooozzz... bee? I don't want to misdirect the thread but I feel it's a genuine question for the topic at hand. Is Z the image of what Sweden wants to present as their best even though if it were based on overall ability alone he's not really even close?

Guest mindfly

But how could Zetterberg get the majority of votes? He's my favorite player and all but there's no way he's the best Swede in the NHL. Is Zetterberg Sweden's version of... of... of... Oh man I don't want to say his name... of... Crrrr... Crrrrrrr... Crrrrrro... Crrrrrrrooozzz... bee? I don't want to misdirect the thread but I feel it's a genuine question for the topic at hand. Is Z the image of what Sweden wants to present as their best even though if it were based on overall ability alone he's not really even close?

Just the 07-08 stanley cup playoffs was a huge deal for all swedes and everyone on team sweden were stunned by his performance, rightfully so... so he still is the top guy because of that season and particullary that playoffs... might change if bäckström carries caps to the finals and win the conn smythe etc...

Edited by mindfly

Please don't go there! You'll ruin it! He's my favorite player.

You're ruining it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is not the fastest or most skilled guy, but he is COOL and RESPECTED and works harder than anyone else. He brings it when it matters the most and people look up to him.

Hank is the best, and don't you dare compare him to the C-word.

And yeah, I honestly, truly believe that. If I had to do a fantasy draft for the upcoming playoffs, Nick would be my #1 choice 998 times out 1000 (I'd pick 2 other guys once each just for s***s and giggles :P)

um no. Ovy?

Zetterberg/Franzen I could see getting the 1st pick though, although ovy should still be the 1st pick.

also lol at the Detroit comment and lol at henrik voting for this brother.

Edited by Datsyuk2Zetterberg

As a Swede I can honestly say I don't have any problem what so ever if Zetterberg is presented as our best player. Why have you?

And comparing him to the Crosby situation is a bit silly considering a lot of that is caused by the overwhelming media exposure he gets. You can't even remotely compare that with the media exposure Zetterberg gets in Sweden (or any other country I suppose).

um no. Ovy?

Zetterberg/Franzen I could see getting the 1st pick though, although ovy should still be the 1st pick.

AO would definitely be either my 999th or 1000th 1st overall pick. I'm saying just for one playoff run, not to build a franchise around starting today.

He is not the fastest or most skilled guy, but he is COOL and RESPECTED and works harder than anyone else. He brings it when it matters the most and people look up to him.

I dream of Zetterberg being in the same class as Crosby.

He hasn't been since 07-08.

Just the 07-08 stanley cup playoffs was a huge deal for all swedes and everyone on team sweden were stunned by his performance, rightfully so... so he still is the top guy because of that season and particullary that playoffs... might change if b�ckstr�m carries caps to the finals and win the conn smythe etc...

Dude, ya gotta luv it: all these posters knowing better than the professional hockey players that are currently on the ice day in and day out with all the other Swedes in the poll.

I dream of Zetterberg being in the same class as Crosby.

He hasn't been since 07-08.

Last playoffs he was. Crosby had more points but that was mostly against teams like Carolina that folded like cheap hookers getting punched in the stomach by a fat guy.

Anyway it's unfair to dream that a guy drafted #200-something should be in the same class as a no.1 draft pick that was hyped since before he was born out of Gary Bettman's feces.

Hank does some things better than Crosby, and most of all he's a 1000x more likeable and respectable guy. He doesn't put up the same points, but he doesn't have the same salary either. We are lucky to have him because usually to get players comparable to him you have to suck something awful and get a top 10 (if not top 5) draft pick.

Last playoffs he was. Crosby had more points but that was mostly against teams like Carolina that folded like cheap hookers getting punched in the stomach by a fat guy.

Anyway it's unfair to dream that a guy drafted #200-something should be in the same class as a no.1 draft pick that was hyped since before he was born out of Gary Bettman's feces.

Hank does some things better than Crosby, and most of all he's a 1000x more likeable and respectable guy. He doesn't put up the same points, but he doesn't have the same salary either. We are lucky to have him because usually to get players comparable to him you have to suck something awful and get a top 10 (if not top 5) draft pick.

This.

First of all...

Haha, the C-word. I like that. I think I might refer to him that way from now on. Or maybe combine it with my previous nickname for him as "Whiny Face C-Word."

Second of all, Z is the best at what exactly? What are we saying he's the best at? As much as I love Z and am proud to say that he's been my favorite player ever since I saw him fill in admirably for Yzerman during his rookie season, I can't help but think that this latest statement is just the selling of an image. I remember reading something from the Swedish press where they said Zetterberg has the best image because he's good looking, he's laid back, friendly, has a celebrity fiancee and his name has a certain sound to it that people like. If the Swedes want to pick someone to promote an image when they ask themselves, "Who do we want people to think of as the typical Swedish player?" then that's fine, Z is definitely a good choice. But when it comes to overall hockey skill and ability alone, then I'm sorry but I disagree with anyone who says Z is the best Swede. He's close, but I think Lidstrom is having a better year than him. If this were really about respect, then why doesn't Lidstrom get that honor? I mean, how can Z be the best Swede in the NHL when he's not even the best Swede on his own team? (See how eerie this whole thing is?). If Team Sweden is going to say that Z is "the best Swede in the NHL" then I'm sorry but that has C-word hype written all over it.