redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Qualification Round

Rate this topic

aahxdz.jpgvs2enp4wi.jpg

gm_place.jpg
usa-network-logo.jpg

t1_belarus.jpg

Preview: (9) Belarus Vs. (8) Switzerland

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ws39sw.jpgvs1fcq4o.gif

gm_place.jpg
CNBC_logo.jpg

Today's Stream
Live Stream: TBA

canada-hockey-060217-584.jpg

Preview: (11) Germany vs (6) Canada

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2mx4dib.gifvs33466tw.gif

2665073027_cb809e6078.jpg
CNBC_logo.jpg

Today's Stream

IIHF%20World%20Junior%20Championship%20Czech%20Republic%20JjVHy7DAgAfl.jpg

Preview: (12) Latvia vs (5) Czech Republic

r76ih0.gifvs2z9f9na.png

gm_place.jpg
CNBC_logo.jpg

Today's Stream

Slovakia%20v%20Norway%20IIHF%20World%20Championship%20-wtY-lGsVfll.jpg

Preview: (10) Norway vs (7) Slovakia

van_2010_logo.jpg

2lt6jdi.jpg
Credit to danishh from hfboards for the bracket. All games can be streamed live on nbcolympics.com.
Edited by Andrew

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

wow..what a weak goal for the swiss to give up...

even I couldve made that stop...

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
Dave Lewis is an assistant coach for Belarus? That man's career has taken a nosedive.

yeah ive always wondered where he went to after his coaching tenure in detroit...

yeah ive always wondered where he went to after his coaching tenure in detroit...

You mean after Boston? He was fired there after a few seasons as well.

excellent.jpg

Agreed, I'd prefer to shoot against Mezin any day over Hiller. I don't want to have to face him again.

The country of Sweden will never forget about '02 will they?

Watching the game right now and ooohh, hot girl, re-wiiinddd....

I forget it all the time, but then the Swedish media conveniently reminds me again...

From Toronto Star :

It could be weeks before the Vancouver police conclude their investigation into an alleged street fight that landed Leafs forward Mikhail Grabovski in jail for a night here, according to Toronto general manager Brian Burke.

In the interim, Grabovski is expected back on the ice when the Leafs resume practising on Wednesday. Burke said the centre did not injure himself further in the fracas. Grabovski, 26, was named to the Belarus roster but not able to play in the Olympics because of a broken wrist suffered on Jan. 2. Instead, he arrived in Vancouver with family and friends to cheer the team.

"As far as I know, he's healthy. Stupid but healthy," Burke said.

Burke would comment only generally on the incident because it is under police review. The police have said a fight took place between individuals in the Yaletown entertainment district of Vancouver around 2 a.m. Saturday morning.

Grabovski was released to his parents at 9 a.m. Saturday morning.

I updated the first post with more information. Whoever edited in the live stream for the Swiss/Belarus game, will you please do that for the other three games today. Thanks.

No problem.

You might want to put a note in your first post stating all games can be streamed live at NBC.com.

Well, they do have to play tomorrow. As neato as it would be for USA in this particular situation to benefit from a quintuple overtime game, brevity is a virtue in such a compacted tournament. :P

Yeah, I understand the reasoning behind it, it just baffles me that you can win or lose a team game based on what essentially boils down to a individual skill competition. And while I can sort of see a better justification now, in the qualifying rounds... I still can't believe they use it in the medal games.

And we're playing the Swiss!