• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Marty Barry

Russia vs. Canada

Rate this topic

QUOTE (fixxxer @ February 24, 2010 - 04:15AM) *

IMO I think Russia has a better chance with Bryzgalov in net than Nabokov. I think Nabokov cracks too much under pressure and isn't a goalie you want in a game like this. Unless I skimmed the posts too quick I'm suprized starting goalies have been brought up.

I think to if Ovi brings his A game there's no stopping him and Russia played like USA constantly hounding the puck carriers lots of forechecking they'll have a good chance advancing.

It should be an entertaining game regardless.

Let me try again here...! :cheesy:

This is huge. Because our no-name guys did it to Canada already and surely, Shirley - the Russian hotshots can do at least as well as our guys did in hounding the Canadian's puck carriers.

officiating is my only concern. It may ruin the game just like Canada-US group games was almost ruined by that timely call on Johnson late in the third. It was always this way playing in Canada and will always be...

LOL you wouldn't be suggesting that Canadian officials would ignore a call on a player or call a phantom penalty late in the game to give the Canadian team an advantage ARE YOU? Shame on you, what would ever make you think these upstanding fellas would stoop so low? :unsure:

Nobody on Canada can cover Ovi. He will lead Russia to victoly!!!

esteef

im going to have to go with esteef here on this one. i just don't see anyone being about to handle russia. although if the refs start calling the russians bording then canada will get alot of opportunities to score.

If Russia wins, at least Morrow and Richards aren't going to make it easy for Ovechkin.

I doubt it. Ovi was throwing 6ft9in 255 pound Chara (the defending Norris trophy winner) around like a rag doll. The way he has been playing of late i dont think any one can touch him.

Everyone is mentioning the AO/Crosby matchup, but I think the Malkin/Crosby factor will be just as entertaining.

Hate to tell you this but your wrong too.

The real matchup will be JR/Millbury at intermission. The gloves and headgear might come off for this one.

On that note I'll think I'll just go vomit now and beat the rush. :wacko:

Im rooting for the Canadians for one reason.. because of the bs russia is pulling with the North American media .. the communist rational is slowly creaping in ..

I'm sorry, the Russians have communist rationale? You do know communism ended in Russia in 1991, right?

Hate to tell you this but your wrong too.

The real matchup will be JR/Millbury at intermission. The gloves and headgear might come off for this one.

On that note I'll think I'll just go vomit now and beat the rush. :wacko:

NBC must have caught on to their brawling. Started to make them follow the teleprompter. The other day during intermission (can't recall exactly which game) The topic once again came up; Crosby or Ovi. Well as you all know Milbury is so far up Croby's ass its not funny. That was the same question brought up when Milbury and JR first started their on camera disagreement.

This time magically, JR seems to be up Crosbys ass and Milbury up Ovi's. I couldn't help but laugh.

In other news, GO RUSSIA!

couple comments here about "nobody being able to cover Ovechkin":

couple candidates:

1. Drew Doughty

2. Shea Weber

3. Duncan Keith

- Chris Pronger rode the pine last night against GERMANY. I don't think you'll see him on the ice against Ovie unless on PK. Drew Doughty, although playing absolutely awesome, is still so under-rated. Time for an international coming out party.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

it will be an entertaining game!

im gonna miss a little of the usa/swiss game..

lets see how the americans fare in an elimination situation...

they played a great 3 games in the preliminary

but can they handle the pressure of possibly being eliminated?

i dont think this is gonna be a cakewalk for the americans...

LOL you wouldn't be suggesting that Canadian officials would ignore a call on a player or call a phantom penalty late in the game to give the Canadian team an advantage ARE YOU? Shame on you, what would ever make you think these upstanding fellas would stoop so low? :unsure:

I could be wrong, but I always thought that the officials for any particular game would not be from either of the country that are playing in the particular game.

4-3 russia.

the shark line is slow, they will be exposed by russia's speed and skill.

toews, morrow and richards need to be on the ice everytime ovechkin is and keith and seabrook on D, or weber and doughty....in reality, babcock will probably put "the experiment" line out with pronger and neidermayer on D and they will finish the game -3.

on the bright side, even though i'm canadian, i'm a wings fan...so dats vs. z sounds like a pretty good game.

Canadas defense is overrated. They have been pressuring teams with their offense but in their own zone they get outworked and turn the puck over tons.

weber - regehr

seabrook - keith

doughty - myers

now that would be a whole different story. atleast this will be the last olympics with pronger and need-a-walker

officiating is my only concern. It may ruin the game just like Canada-US group games was almost ruined by that timely call on Johnson late in the third. It was always this way playing in Canada and will always be...

Or Orpik draping himself one handed over Crosby and then Crosby getting the penalty that is so pro-Canadian isn't it.

I'm rooting for Russians all the way.

it's hard to be against Mike Babcock and Stevie Y on this one, but I'd just love Ovie, Dats, Malkin and Kovalchuk to win it.

not to mention, seeing all those ass* like Cherry stop whining about Euros and Crosby loosing would be a huge bonus...

Russia has been what canada was so far. They got by on Talent, but I don't feel they've meshed as a team. Russia hasn't touched the level canada played at against the US, and having that extra tune up game for Canada, I think did nothing but Great things for them.

Canada wins, I don't expect too much resistance. Russia's Talent may get'em some goals. Canada Wins.