• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Echolalia

Lilja to be Cleared, Will play Monday

Rate this topic

Sounds like he'd rather play in the minors or on another team than take this surgery.

I think he's just saying the right things... Lilja will be reactivated and Maltby put on LTIR by Monday at the latest, barring some major trade that is unforeseen and you can hold me to that prediction.

Malts wants to play - gotta give him props for that. And no-one wants to end their career as an IR salary cap get-out-of-jail-free card.

Even injured its highly doubtful he'd clear waivers. Lets just hope Lebda can be moved.

im all for maltby wanting to play more.

he's actually having a good year, and the thing about him, and draper, is that they are the perfect role players.

they don't try to do too much, and they're team players and don't have egos. I have a feeling people will later see that the darper/maltby bashing these past few years has been over blown and undeserved.

im all for maltby wanting to play more.

he's actually having a good year, and the thing about him, and draper, is that they are the perfect role players.

they don't try to do too much, and they're team players and don't have egos. I have a feeling people will later see that the darper/maltby bashing these past few years has been over blown and undeserved.

I think they will have a wink, wink, nudge, nudge agreement, that if he goes on IR this year to keep us from losing assets, that Holland will bring him back next year on a one year deal to finish his career here.

EDIT - before anyone even says it, no, Lebda is not an asset, but cutting him alone won't do it, we would need to part with someone else too... and that would be an asset

Edited by stevkrause

Guest mindfly

Take one for the team, do the surgery, no new contract after this season, thanks for the long loyal service but it's time to move on!

Which would you guys prefer? Maltby plays out this season and retires OR goes on LTIR and sticks around another season.

I think I prefer option 1.

Weren't Osgood, Draper and Maltby holidaying together in the Olympic break? Hmm, I bet they had some interesting discussions about the management and their own various situations.

I think they will have a wink, wink, nudge, nudge agreement, that if he goes on IR this year to keep us from losing assets, that Holland will bring him back next year on a one year deal to finish his career here.

EDIT - before anyone even says it, no, Lebda is not an asset, but cutting him alone won't do it, we would need to part with someone else too... and that would be an asset

http://www.freep.com/article/20100224/SPOR...8/1053/sports05

Thanks for the link. I was getting worried.

Best for all concerned: Malts gets the surgery, is back for the playoffs (whether in the press box or on the ice is a moot point at this time), and we don't have to lose anyone with a big enough salary to bring back Lilja.

Lebda can still be traded for a Kraft Dinner and it has no bearing on this situation.