• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

redwings8831

2010 Winter Olympics - Quarterfinals

Rate this topic

I guess we're gonna have to agree to disagree on that one :P

But then again, I'm sure there have been those calls, just like the Pens got to play an entire period with 6 skaters last playoffs.

Actually, I just checked the official rules

http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=26485

Apparently accidental contact with the puck is NOT a penalty, but accidental contact with a player, or a puck hitting your stick or arms, is.

Maybe I misread the brackets. I thought the Canadians and Team USA could face off for the gold.

Nah, you read it right, but what I was saying is that it would take a miracle for Canada to make it to the gold medal game, since they've got Sweden next, and Sweden can actually play D, unlike this Russian team. I'm not saying it's impossible, but before everyone goes saying there's going to be a US/Canada rematch, remember that Sweden has something to say about that first.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
BTW, not that anyone here gives a damn, but I got a new cell phone today.

did you really?!

what provider?

Guest micah

I love the great country of Canada and their amazing hockey team.

I also love the United Staes and their amazing hockey team.

Two great teams, two great countries. It isn't an either/or.

Both countries are better than Russia, both teams are better than Russia. No need to fight until gold medal night!

Can you not separate your hockey team from your country? No one here hates the country of Canada or Canadian people. We hate your hockey team. Big difference.

I'm getting damn tired of having to say this over and over and over again.

My original point.. which no one will admit too is that when the fans got mad that the call wasnt made.. and someone on here commented on it.. Was that a Penalty is a Penalty.. just call it consistantly.. thats all..

Can you not separate your hockey team from your country? No one here hates the country of Canada or Canadian people. We hate your hockey team. Big difference.

I'm getting damn tired of having to say this over and over and over again.

Its funny, I am a Canadian how lives just over an hour from the Canadian border, and I would say Americans hate Americans more than they hate Canadians. And I am actually pretty serious about this... you are a very fractured country right now, especially politically. You are actually almost two country's.

Sorry... going way off topic.

My original point.. which no one will admit too is that when the fans got mad that the call wasnt made.. and someone on here commented on it.. Was that a Penalty is a Penalty.. just call it consistantly.. thats all..

Your original point is wrong anyways. One, you have no idea what I would in any given situation because you have absolutely no idea who I am or what I've done is similar situations. Two, it wasn't even a penalty as pointed out by someone else. Bitching about said non-penalty not being called when you're up by four goals is just absolutely ridiculous.