• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MannyK

Lilja to be Cleared, Will play Monday

Rate this topic

I know it makes it seem way more dramatic, but the only number that matters for Zetterberg's salary is his cap hit, which is 6 million. I'm not saying you're wrong, both need to start playing way better, but let's not skew the facts.

LOL, skew the facts? The ONLY fact that is skewed is the 6M CAP HIT! Do you honestly believe that Zetterberg is going to play 12 years and fulfill the last 2 years of that contract at 1M per year? Get real The Fact is that he is getting 7.4 M which goes to 7.75M next year and will still be paying him 7MILLION when he is 38 YEARS OLD!

Edited by beepbeep

LOL, skew the facts? The ONLY fact that is skewed is the 6M CAP HIT! Do you honestly believe that Zetterberg is going to play 12 years and fulfill the last 2 years of that contract at 1M per year? Get real The Fact is that he is getting 7.4 M which goes to 7.75M next year and will still be paying him 7MILLION when he is 38 YEARS OLD!

As far as I'm concerned, the "he's getting paid ____" argument comes because of the salary cap. If there is no salary cap then what the players make is irrelevant. But in the salary cap world, the argument is relevant because you can only sign so many players and use so many dollars. If one player isn't producing at the level of his cap hit, then that's one less player or one lesser player you can't sign to get that production.

It's the cap hit that matters, not the salary for that year, and Zetterberg's cap hit is 6 million, not 7.5.

Or I guess you're just concerned for Mr. Ilitch's pocket book. :rolleyes:

Great news! Sad to see Malts go out like this, hopefully they bring him back on a part time basis next year so he can retire properly.

I don't think this is his last year.... Why would he have a season ending procedure with 24 games left, and then call it quits?

Guest micah

Because it's what's berst for the team and he needs the surgery sometime, might as well have it when he's making good money for doing nothing?

I doubt he plays next year. If he does, I hope it's elsewhere.

As far as I'm concerned, the "he's getting paid ____" argument comes because of the salary cap. If there is no salary cap then what the players make is irrelevant. But in the salary cap world, the argument is relevant because you can only sign so many players and use so many dollars. If one player isn't producing at the level of his cap hit, then that's one less player or one lesser player you can't sign to get that production.

It's the cap hit that matters, not the salary for that year, and Zetterberg's cap hit is 6 million, not 7.5.

Or I guess you're just concerned for Mr. Ilitch's pocket book. :rolleyes:

Ya know what, I don't give a s*** about the salary cap. The f***in point I was trying to make is that neither player is earning their pay. Now you can agree or disagree I really don't care and as far as I'm concerned this discussion is over.

Because it's what's berst for the team and he needs the surgery sometime, might as well have it when he's making good money for doing nothing?

I doubt he plays next year. If he does, I hope it's elsewhere.

Still not seeing your point.. end of the season is end of the season, now or 24 game from now! He has probably needed the surgery for a while now.

he is being pushed out because of the return of "Captain Advil". I hope he is 100%, I do not wanna see a soft check in the boards and the headaches return.

Ya know what, I don't give a s*** about the salary cap. The f***in point I was trying to make is that neither player is earning their pay. Now you can agree or disagree I really don't care and as far as I'm concerned this discussion is over.

You need to calm down.

You're right, neither are earning their pay, I'm pretty sure I said that my first post, I'm just saying your 7.4 number is skewed.

Malts did what needed to be done...and having Andreas back will be nice. He's been sorely missed on penalty kills...the man knows how to block shots.

I think maybe everyone will step up and finish on a high note. It's been a tough season, no doubt about it. Everyone's stats have taken major hits. But we'll do the best we can.

Malts did what needed to be done...and having Andreas back will be nice. He's been sorely missed on penalty kills...the man knows how to block shots.

I think maybe everyone will step up and finish on a high note. It's been a tough season, no doubt about it. Everyone's stats have taken major hits. But we'll do the best we can.

:thumbup:

Guest mindfly
With Babcock determined to play Lidstrom with Rafalski then I would put him with Ericsson on the 3rd pairing.

I would put Meech a little bit in front of Ericsson mostly due to the turnover factor, meech is a little weaker down the boards but doesnt have as many turnovers (ot atleast it seems that way) and meech is also a bit quicker, although lebda is the fastest among those three... So overall I think meech would be the best choice for the 6th spot.

Ericsson

+ Big body (although he doesn't use it very well)

+ Can handle himself and take a fight

- Prone to turnovers

- Have a big body but isn't quick and not smart enough to compensate for weak quickness

- Have meltdown games more often than great games

Meech

+Quick

+Less turnovers than Lebda&Ericsson

+Can play the powerplay (although i dont think its the best oh well)

-Small body and weak around the net and down the boards

Lebda

+Legs

- PYLON

So to me Meech is the best choice paired with Lilja

Edited by mindfly