• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Ruys92

Mike Milbury uses 'Eurotrash game' to describe Russian hockey

Rate this topic

Let's not get too surprised here folks.....

Canadians are some of the best people you'll ever want to meet. Very fair and kind in all aspects of life except for hockey.

Canada's prejudice shows it's ugly head :ranting: when it comes to hockey. We've heard that from the NHL's "senior" circuit.

But let's not forget that Mike Milbury had a chance to draft Ovechkin when he was with the Islanders and passed on him. Probably didn't like his Eurotrash game even then.....

I wonder how that's worked out for the Islanders.....(dang Eurotrash)

:blink:

Millbury's just an ass!! And now Dan Boyle has a new nickname "Mr Slewfoot" lol f***in dirty *****!!

What Milbury was saying about how the Russians played was true - they didn't play with heart or grit and they tried to get by on talent and skill alone. Whether you think the term eurotrash is offensive or not there are ppl out there that do and it's just not a term that is accepted on national television. So despite having a point, Milbury is an idiot for saying waht he said.

What's funny though is the complete bias you see all over hockey broadcasts. After an awesome clean hit by Semin, Dan Boyle tracks him down and slew foots him while Pierre McGuire is singing his praises as a good, tough, hockey play. If a Russian had slew footed a Canadian player McGuire would have had an aneurysm. It's all bull s*** when appealing to the average, uninformed fan out there who just wants to hear the announcers jerk off the popular player of the day - hence all the canadian media loving off Sidney Crosby for accomplishing even the most menial tasks.

Dan Boyle's slew foot was just that, a slew foot - one that McGuire and countless other hockey analysts have given Ovechkin s*** for doing on countless occassions. If it's dirty when a Russian does it, it's dirty when a Canadian does it.

And for the record, I'm Canadian.

Leave us people from south of the Canadian border out of this.. I'd say they've been leaps and bounds more classy than the Canadians

I'll be the first to admit that there are a number of less than classy Canadians out there but there certainly are less than classy Americans out there too. The point is not to generalize. I persaonlly really like the American hockey team and happen to dislike a ton of the players on the Canadian team but that doesn't mean I'd go so far as to generalize and call the team as a whole either classy or unclassy. The point is we could both make a list of classy and unclassy Canadians and Americans.

This whole thread was made to discuss Mike Milbury and Jeremy Roenick - two of the least classy Americans out there (granted they're not on the American team, just announcers). But the point is just because I find them unclassy doesn't mean I find all Americans, or all Americans on the hockey team to be unclassy.

This. But you don't have to look further than the players to see that. Getzlaf talking trash to Malkin from the bench. Boyle going after Semin after a clean hit, when Canada is up by 4 goals. Winning with class doesn't exist in North American, mainly Canadian, hockey.

Oh, I'm sure Malkin didn't say anything to deserve that. :rolleyes: All of us North Americans just don't know how to be as classy as you Europeans.

Guest micah

Shouldn't eurotrash and Eurotrash sympathizers be focussing their wrath at the Russian and Swedish Olympic teams who s*** the bed instead of some guy on TV and what he said?

....a bit of relevant poetry from hockey fans and general good guys, the Dropkick Murphys:

Euro Trash, go away, so so trendy, you're pathetic. Euro Scumbag, champagne and caviar, techno bulls***, blarin from your daddy's car.

Chorus: You are such a mess, I hate you Euro Trash. You try hard to dress like you're the best. Why don't you go away, don't you look down on me. Go away and stay.

You go down to M-80 tonight, see through clothing way too tight. Euro jerkoff who the f*** do you think you are? Spoiled richboy, f*** your euro bars!

Chorus:

Kill! Kill! Kill!

I would be surprised to see Milbury back in the analyst booth for the rest of the games.

Its one thing to say the Russians played a horrible game, but he basically generalized that all Europeans play a 'trashy' brand of hockey.

Definitely goes against the Olympic spirit a broadcaster is supposed to display.

Maybe someone should remind him of how well that Islanders GM gig went.

Shouldn't eurotrash and Eurotrash sympathizers be focussing their wrath at the Russian and Swedish Olympic teams who s*** the bed instead of some guy on TV and what he said?

....a bit of relevant poetry from hockey fans and general good guys, the Dropkick Murphys:

Euro Trash, go away, so so trendy, you're pathetic. Euro Scumbag, champagne and caviar, techno bulls***, blarin from your daddy's car.

Chorus: You are such a mess, I hate you Euro Trash. You try hard to dress like you're the best. Why don't you go away, don't you look down on me. Go away and stay.

You go down to M-80 tonight, see through clothing way too tight. Euro jerkoff who the f*** do you think you are? Spoiled richboy, f*** your euro bars!

Chorus:

Kill! Kill! Kill!

Wow, lyrical geniuses.

Guest GordieSid&Ted
That's not it at all.

Do you care to elaborate?

It sounds like a slur to me. And it really has no place in our game. Why not just say what you mean? Why not just stick to calling their performance heartless or weak or laking passion or downright terrible?

Why on earth would you open yourself up by saying something that most definitely sounds like a derogatory slur.

The fact that people here on this board can't even pinpoint the exact definition of it and have their own preconceived notions of what it refers to is further proof that it was a ******* stupid thing to say.

2 facts from yesterday:

1. The Russians played a terrible game.

2. Milbury is never going to break new ground in differential geometry. He's a f***tard most of the time and he proved it yet again with his eloquent choice of wording.

Guest micah
Wow, lyrical geniuses.

I don't think Ken Casey ever claimed to be Aimee Mann.

I'll be seeing DKM after the Admirals/Wolves game Saturday. I'll let them know that you don't think they're good lyricists.

My point was not a stupid song though - it was that if Russian fans want to whine on the internet, they oughta whine about Ovy and Dats and all the other underperforming players who got their asses kicked in a huge game, not a statement by some sportscaster.

Would Milbury have the balls to say the Canadians played undisciplined "Canadian Trash" hockey vs the Swiss?

Or, if it comes to that (and I hope it does again since it already has), they go with "Canuck Crap"; or "Caca"?

Guest GordieSid&Ted
I don't think Ken Casey ever claimed to be Aimee Mann.

I'll be seeing DKM after the Admirals/Wolves game Saturday. I'll let them know that you don't think they're good lyricists.

My point was not a stupid song though - it was that if Russian fans want to whine on the internet, they oughta whine about Ovy and Dats and all the other underperforming players who got their asses kicked in a huge game, not a statement by some sportscaster.

Do you remember Don Imus calling the Rutgers' women's basketball team a bunch of "nappy headed ho's" ???

Do you not see why Milbury's statement just shouldn't be made?

Heck, given that it's Milbury i'm surprised he didn't just say that it served them right for playing a "commie, pinko game"

Guest micah
Heck, given that it's Milbury i'm surprised he didn't just say that it served them right for playing a "commie, pinko game"

That wouldn't have made sense in this circumstance, the Commie Russians generally did pretty well in Olympic play :ph34r:

Milbury once went into the stands during a game and beat a guy with a shoe. What do you expect from that f***?

Like I said last night, they say worse things about Milbury on Long Island.

hahahaha to those who also wanna see this: