#43 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:53 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ February 25, 2010 - 01:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
canadian class all the way.

Milbury is an American on an American network for that game. Nice try though.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#44 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 12:57 PM

QUOTE (9-HoweFan @ February 25, 2010 - 10:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Let's not get too surprised here folks.....

Canadians are some of the best people you'll ever want to meet. Very fair and kind in all aspects of life except for hockey.

Canada's prejudice shows it's ugly head ranting.gif when it comes to hockey. We've heard that from the NHL's "senior" circuit.

But let's not forget that Mike Milbury had a chance to draft Ovechkin when he was with the Islanders and passed on him. Probably didn't like his Eurotrash game even then.....

I wonder how that's worked out for the Islanders.....(dang Eurotrash)

blink.gif

I've met/played with quite a few Canadians over the years.

Off ice they're as congenial as Winnie-the-Pooh - although when it's "game on" these very same people can be cut-throat SOB's...That folks is why I like them thumbup.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#45 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,512 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:02 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ February 25, 2010 - 12:45PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do you care to elaborate?

It sounds like a slur to me. And it really has no place in our game. Why not just say what you mean? Why not just stick to calling their performance heartless or weak or laking passion or downright terrible?

Why on earth would you open yourself up by saying something that most definitely sounds like a derogatory slur.

The fact that people here on this board can't even pinpoint the exact definition of it and have their own preconceived notions of what it refers to is further proof that it was af****** stupid thing to say.

2 facts from yesterday:

1. The Russians played a terrible game.
2. Milbury is never going to break new ground in differential geometry. He's a f***tard most of the time and he proved it yet again with his eloquent choice of wording.

Wouldn't surprise me 1 bit if Milbury, and JR had a bet going on this game, and Milbury lost laugh.gif

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#46 hillbillywingsfan

hillbillywingsfan

Awww poor butch

• Gold Booster
  • 3,529 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:04 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 25, 2010 - 01:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

he does hockey night in canada sometimes doesn't he? see damn canadians rubbing off on him. hahahahaha

kidding
msg-10491-1258682020.jpg

I LIVE IN TEXAS SO I DON'T DESERVE HOCKEY

#47 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,660 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:06 PM

Milbury once went into the stands during a game and beat a guy with a shoe. What do you expect from that f***?

Like I said last night, they say worse things about Milbury on Long Island.

According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#48 micah

micah

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,345 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:25 PM

QUOTE (GordieSid&Ted @ February 25, 2010 - 01:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Heck, given that it's Milbury i'm surprised he didn't just say that it served them right for playing a "commie, pinko game"

That wouldn't have made sense in this circumstance, the Commie Russians generally did pretty well in Olympic play ph34r.gif
"It was pretty interesting," said Detroit coach Mike Babcock. "We had May in exhibition for a couple of games and no one gets hacked or whacked. When we don't have him, we get run. We don't have a team that twists off helmets at stoppages. You get tired of seeing it all the time. It's just nice when you get someone to look after that stuff."

#49 Ruys92

Ruys92

Rookie

• Pip
  • 137 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:30 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ February 25, 2010 - 01:06PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Milbury once went into the stands during a game and beat a guy with a shoe. What do you expect from that f***?

Like I said last night, they say worse things about Milbury on Long Island.

hahahaha to those who also wanna see this:

#50 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 01:33 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 25, 2010 - 12:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Don Cherry

#51 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (Original-Six @ February 25, 2010 - 02:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don Cherry

Funny. I thought this was a about Milbury not Cherry.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#52 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:11 PM

QUOTE (Original-Six @ February 25, 2010 - 01:33PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Don Cherry

ooohhhh someone finally pulled the cherry card. I was waiting for that one
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#53 CaliWingsNut

CaliWingsNut

PeeWee Bettman

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,744 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:17 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 25, 2010 - 11:08AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Funny. I thought this was a about Milbury not Cherry.

wow...
read.

Cherry was brought up to argue that just because it's a US broadcaster on a US network doesn't excuse him for dissing his international audience.

Figures don't lie, but liars sure figure. - Mark Twain

#54 Serapth

Serapth

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:20 PM

QUOTE (hillbillywingsfan @ February 25, 2010 - 12:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
canadian class all the way.

American stupidity all the way.

#55 Serapth

Serapth

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:24 PM

QUOTE (redwingfan19 @ February 25, 2010 - 02:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ooohhhh someone finally pulled the cherry card. I was waiting for that one

I would love to say that Cherry doesn't speak for Canada, but sadly, too much of our population still listen to him.

For the most part, Cherry was a blowheart whose stupidity was always offset by Ron MacLean's brilliance and political tact. In recent years though, Cherry has become a SENILE blowheart who has trouble forming a cohesive sentence and Ron MacLean's job now consists of keeping him from drooling on himself. More or less since his wife died, Don has gone on a one way trip to crazyland.

If you can't tell, this particular Canadian despises Don Cherry. However, if you insult Ron MacLean I will punch you in the face! Ron MacLean is the pinnacle of what sports announcers should strive to be and thats the biggest downside to CTV covering the Olympics in place of CBC.

#56 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:29 PM

i don't think he meant ill, milbury's just a big obnoxious doofus who doesn't really think before he says things. they did play like trash though

my favorite part is the guy that was standing right behind milbury when he said it

Posted Image

#57 Serapth

Serapth

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:31 PM

QUOTE (Lidstromboli @ February 25, 2010 - 02:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i don't think he meant ill, milbury's just a big obnoxious doofus who doesn't really think before he says things. they did play like trash though

my favorite part is the guy that was standing right behind milbury when he said it

Truth of the matter is though, if you had a mic in front of you, how many hours do you think you could go without saying something stupid, inappropriate or down right obscene?

Me, I think I would make it about 17 seconds. Nof****** way I would go an hour without an accidental swear word or two coming out, to say nothing of inappropriate religious references....

Thats why I always cut these people a bit of slack.

Edited by Serapth, 25 February 2010 - 02:53 PM.

#58 Lidstromboli

Lidstromboli

buncha geezers

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,454 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:40 PM

if i had a microphone on national television i would probably go out of my way to say something stupid

Posted Image

#59 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:41 PM

Milbury is indeed American. He's also a s***ty ex-coach and is very typical of the media to come out and spout such garbage to gather attention to a crappy network with just as crappy regional coverage. Eurotrash is also a word used in the States, to a near exclusivity, so no Canadian influence in that one -- in fact, Canada shouldn't even be a factor in this. It's just a dumbass American being another dumbass American much akin to the type of Ann Coulter and other xenophobic retards. There's not really any justifying this nor can it be poo-poo'd off into an excuse of context. It was clear what he meant, and I look forward to him now backpedaling off a cliff to try and make politically correct a rather straight forward phrase.

Edited by Shoreline, 25 February 2010 - 02:42 PM.

#60 Opie

Opie

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 7,419 posts

Posted 25 February 2010 - 02:49 PM

I love it, people are defending and/or blaming Canadians for what an American said on an American network (I know 5 of you pointed it out before me).

In today's information boom, anything said on TV in any small itty pitty town news cast can be world wide in less time than it took me to type this.

having that piece of information, using any term that is remotely close to a derogatory remark should not be done. The whole Don Imus, Mel Gibson, Chevy Chase and others should have told us that don't say things like that even if you don't think the offended would be in your audience at the current time.

"The more I know about people - the better I like my dog." - Mark Twain

"A wise man once told me, ‘Don’t argue with fools. Cause people from a distance can’t tell who is who'." Jay Z, Takeover

"When I was looking for a captain, I wanted a guy with the Red Wings crest tattooed on his chest," said former Detroit coach Jacques Demers, who named Yzerman captain in 1986. "Steve Yzerman was that guy."

“Told him if he wasn't ultra-competitive he couldn't come here. If he didn't bring it every day he couldn't come here, because he was going to hate it if he didn't, dislike the coach and dislike playing here.
“It's real straightforward. If you don't do it right, you're not happy here." Babcock