• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Team Canada Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

As long as Babs keeps the lines together, and starts Luongo we're golden. Crosbys line was really good but didnt get anythig going, the "Does Mad Work" line shut Ovechkin and Malkin down, and the Getzlaf line was fantastic. Slovakia is a better matchup then Sweden for Canada.

I'm really enjoying watching Getzlaf, I think could be one of the best all around Canadian hockey players right now. It's to bad the Media/Bettman has a man crush on Crosby, and Getzlaf plays in Anaheim, the guy is overlooked. With that said though, I still don't like the guy :lol:

I enjoyed not seeing Crosby's face every two minutes last night, I hope he doesn't get another point in the tournament :cool:.

Canada is THE hockey hotbed. Why, back in the 80's and early 90's they even won the Stanley Cup.

2553196493_418b7d4b54.jpg

Well... lets face it, Canadian players on american teams win cups. The largest representation in the legue (by nation) is Canadian.

what happened to all the Canadians who thought Babcock sucked and Yzerman should have picked a different team? This team is good, really good. Easily the most complete team in the tournament. That being said, I feel their blowout win against the Russians was do mostly to the Russians awful play. You have to give all the credit to Canada because they came out to play and Russia didn't, and it showed on the scoreboard. If Russia would have half showed up the score would have been closer. I don't think they will have that easy of game against any of the teams they play next in Slovakia, Findland, or the U.S. I also think the only team that has a chance of beating the Canadians for the gold are the Americans. I am going to predict a USA-Canada rematch with USA winning 5-4 in overtime courtesy of Brian Rafalski. :D

what happened to all the Canadians who thought Babcock sucked and Yzerman should have picked a different team? This team is good, really good. Easily the most complete team in the tournament. That being said, I feel their blowout win against the Russians was do mostly to the Russians awful play. You have to give all the credit to Canada because they came out to play and Russia didn't, and it showed on the scoreboard. If Russia would have half showed up the score would have been closer. I don't think they will have that easy of game against any of the teams they play next in Slovakia, Findland, or the U.S. I also think the only team that has a chance of beating the Canadians for the gold are the Americans. I am going to predict a USA-Canada rematch with USA winning 5-4 in overtime courtesy of Brian Rafalski. :D

I hope for a Canada versus U.S. game in the final for a few reasons.

#1. Good for hockey in the U.S.

#2. Great hockey lore in the making.

#3. I wouldn't want Canada's potential gold medal feeling hollow without a victory against every team they faced (less excuses later).

#4. ---> (the most important reason) They are in my opinion the best two teams left.

Edited by BlakKy

I have been saying all along that they are the most complete team playing in the olympics. they have a lot of good 2 way forwards making the need for role players unnecessary. i can't believe what i read about what some of the Team canada fans had to say after the loss to the US (need more role players, too many players with big egos etc), it was just nonsense.

Edited by jeff48109

You have to give all the credit to Canada because they came out to play and Russia didn't, and it showed on the scoreboard. If Russia would have half showed up the score would have been closer. I don't think they will have that easy of game against any of the teams they play next in Slovakia, Findland, or the U.S.

as a Red Wings fan, have you not heard that excuse before? "oh our team didn't play our game, but wait until game 2". When one team is forced to play the other team's style of play, things change big time. Whether if be puck possession with the Red Wings the last decade and a half, or the grind of the Canadians. When one team inflicts their will against XXX team, XXX team is going to have to play THEIR (team inflicting their will) game. The Russians couldn't match what the Canadians brought to the table.

in my opinion, if Canada played Russia ten times, and both teams brought their "A" games every time, Canada would win ten times out of ten. It's not super super praise to the Canadians, it's just how soft I felt that Russians were. God dammit, stop being such ******* and go into the corner first and make a play.

The Canadian Boys have realy picked it up the last 2 games (minus the last 10 min of last game) , I am expecting Canada to punish USA with the body as well as control the game the only way USA is in the game is if Miller stands on his head . 6-1 Canada shots on goal 45-20 Canada

50 FAHRENHEIT (10C)

~Californians shiver uncontrollably

~Canadians plant gardens

35 FAHRENHEIT (1.6C)

~Italian cars won't start

~Canadians drive with the windows down

32 FAHRENHEIT (0C)

~American water freezes

~Canadian water gets thicker

0 FAHRENHEIT (-17.9C)

~New York City landlords finally turn on the heat

~Canadians have the last barbecue of the season

-60 FAHRENHEIT (-51C)

~Mount St. Helenes freezes

~Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door to door

-100 FAHERNHEIT (-73C)

~Santa Claus abandons the North Pole

~Ottawa canal opens for skating

-173 FAHRENHEIT (-114C)

~Ethyl alcohol freezes

~Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460 FAHRENHEIT (-273C)

~Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops

~Canadians start saying "cold eh?"

-500 FAHRENHEIT (-295C)

~Hell freezes over

~Leafs win Stanley Cup

Edited by Yak19

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
50 FAHRENHEIT (10C)

~Californians shiver uncontrollably

~Canadians plant gardens

35 FAHRENHEIT (1.6C)

~Italian cars won't start

~Canadians drive with the windows down

32 FAHRENHEIT (0C)

~American water freezes

~Canadian water gets thicker

0 FAHRENHEIT (-17.9C)

~New York City landlords finally turn on the heat

~Canadians have the last barbecue of the season

-60 FAHRENHEIT (-51C)

~Mount St. Helenes freezes

~Canadian Girl Guides sell cookies door to door

-100 FAHERNHEIT (-73C)

~Santa Claus abandons the North Pole

~Ottawa canal opens for skating

-173 FAHRENHEIT (-114C)

~Ethyl alcohol freezes

~Canadians get frustrated when they can't thaw the keg

-460 FAHRENHEIT (-273C)

~Absolute zero; all atomic motion stops

~Canadians start saying "cold eh?"

-500 FAHRENHEIT (-295C)

~Hell freezes over

~Leafs win Stanley Cup

^^^ this!!

I am happy for Canada, all though everyone could possibly agree anyone could of scored that last goal OTHER than Sidney Crosby. We all know we will be hearing that for the next few months.

But this question has popped into mind. With that gold medal win for Babs, do the wings have even more momentum going in for a heated playoff run???

I am happy for Canada, all though everyone could possibly agree anyone could of scored that last goal OTHER than Sidney Crosby. We all know we will be hearing that for the next few months.

But this question has popped into mind. With that gold medal win for Babs, do the wings have even more momentum going in for a heated playoff run???

Hopefully and hopefully Rafa keeps up his god-like play minus the missed assignment on Crosby

Guest Shoreline
EatCrow.jpg

That's a very accurate description surrounding the overcelebration of a prelim win and all the bonus s*** talking Canada got. The crow is served now I guess.

In all honesty though I kinda saw the Leafs winning the cup gag coming. :P

Edited by Shoreline

Guest Four
Congrats you bastards! :P You guys got better every game and earned the win. I'm truly happy for Canada minus a few choice citizens.... Pronger, Perry and Getzlaf to name a few. And yeah, apparently I'm still bitter over '07.

Don't worry, I'm still bitter over the World Junior loss xD

I'm just spoiled being a Wings fan