• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Serapth

Canada vs USA - Women's Gold medal game - 6:30 EST

Rate this topic

For the record, women's hockey is not a sport.

Well then in that case, I'd love to see you take on somebody like Hayley Wickenheiser on the ice. Or on a street somewhere for that matter. I'd really be curious to see who's in better shape in that meeting.

Sorry. It doesn't make a difference. Womens hockey is terribly painful to watch for me. There is no hitting. There skill level is below that of any major junior player. I'll pass thanks.

Thats more Olympic hockey than Womens vs Mens hockey. The Ovechkin hit on Jagr was more of an anomaly than anything. There is some hitting, but not even a fraction of a typical NHL game.

First of all, I'm fairly sure the poster is joking with the use of "misogynstic bastard", so relax.

And it might have been well served to say Women's Final.

AYe, was a joke and aye, I screwed up the title. :)

Well then in that case, I'd love to see you take on somebody like Hayley Wickenheiser on the ice. Or on a street somewhere for that matter. I'd really be curious to see who's in better shape in that meeting.

Fitness alone does not make you a good hockey player. She played in the 3rd division in Sweden. Getting cut from the first team she tried out for. I'm sure a lot of players who are no longer playing competitive hockey have more skill then her but could play in the 3rd division in Sweden.

Hey, I gave you misogynist bastards the benefit of the doubt that you would be able to make small intuitive leaps of logic....

Apparently, I was mistaken!

Do Americans really not give a flying s*** about their Women winning gold in hockey?

YES. I do.

They've worked their asses off to get where they are and they have every right to compete on the highest levels of women's hockey. So it's not the same level as men's hockey right now. About 20 years ago, men's pro hockey was pretty much either KHL-type or college kids - and nowhere near the semi-equal state it's at now.

Sorry. It doesn't make a difference. Womens hockey is terribly painful to watch for me. There is no hitting. There skill level is below that of any major junior player. I'll pass thanks.

Could be the best idea you've had today. Just sayin'...

Thats more Olympic hockey than Womens vs Mens hockey. The Ovechkin hit on Jagr was more of an anomaly than anything. There is some hitting, but not even a fraction of a typical NHL game.

No. Hitting is illegal. Body checking is a penalty.

No. Hitting is illegal. Body checking is a penalty.

The chief difference between women's and men's ice hockey is that body checking is not allowed in women's ice hockey. After the 1990 Women's World Championship, body checking was eliminated because female players in many countries do not have the size and mass seen in North American players. In current IIHF women's competition, body checking is either a minor or major penalty, decided at the referee's discretion.

.... apparently our women are too big. ;)

Wow, I'm totally excited for this game. I think it's going to be awesome. The women have displayed some of the best skills I've seen in any hockey game this Olympics. Jocelyne Lamoureux still has the best goal of the tournament.

Can't wait until this game. And in the broader sense, I can't wait until they allow body checking. It's going to be amazing.

I see Canada winning 5-4, but wouldn't be surprised if it was the other way.

Women's beach volleyball > Olympic Women's Hockey > WNBA+any other women's sport.

Well, frankly...

Women's beach volleyball > Stanley Cup Finals > Men's Olympic Gold Game > Women's Hockey

Beach volleyball really is about the greatest thing on non-PPV tv!

WomensVolleyball.jpg

Edited by Serapth

Fitness alone does not make you a good hockey player. She played in the 3rd division in Sweden. Getting cut from the first team she tried out for. I'm sure a lot of players who are no longer playing competitive hockey have more skill then her but could play in the 3rd division in Sweden.

OK, so you want to meet up with her on a street then? Or maybe on a track somewhere?

To say that women's hockey at this level is not a sport is beyond arrogance. Whether they get to hit or not they have trained hard and have endured much to be where they are. So sniff away, dude. I still think any one of them could probably take you out in a Toronto minute.

OK, so you want to meet up with her on a street then? Or maybe on a track somewhere?

To say that women's hockey at this level is not a sport is beyond arrogance. Whether they get to hit or not they have trained hard and have endured much to be where they are. So sniff away, dude. I still think any one of them could probably take you out in a Toronto minute.

I think from what I read, the Canadian Women trained against 12-14 year olds I think and they ended up like 10-10 or something during their pre-olympic warm-up.

I'll be watching this game. Sure it may not be quite the same as watching NHLers play, but it is going to be a very good game. And I knew a woman training for 2010 US women's hockey team back in 07 and her regimen even back then was insane, women's ice hockey is definitely a sport, just not one you find appealing.

It wasn't me that said it wasn't a sport. I prefer not to watch it because I don't find it entertaining. To me, watching womens hockey is extremely boring. I find there skills lacking compared to the skill level I want to watch. Who gives a f*** that I don't like womens hockey?

Real men don't like women's hockey.

I think from what I read, the Canadian Women trained against 12-14 year olds I think and they ended up like 10-10 or something during their pre-olympic warm-up.

Could be. Could also be where Phaneuf's 15-year-old brother tried to take out Wickenheiser and she took him down. From what I remember from the video it looked like he was as tall and at least as big as her.

Bottom line is, you're not going to change my mind with your putdowns of women athletes and their work ethic. I am SO proud to be able to watch them play. Whatever you think about their training, their chance to check, whatever!

They.have.earned.the.right.to.be.out.there.

It wasn't me that said it wasn't a sport. I prefer not to watch it because I don't find it entertaining. To me, watching womens hockey is extremely boring. I find there skills lacking compared to the skill level I want to watch. Who gives a f*** that I don't like womens hockey?

Got that right. It sure as hell aint' me. If I mistakenly inferred that it was you who said it wasn't a sport, I apologize.

Edited by Vladifan

Oh he only said that so you would Gigoogity his Gishmoigen!

1420807-quagmire.jpg

Naw but be sure to post updates as I won't be able to watch.

I/we'll post updates only if you de-code Whatever'Gigoogitying' is. Sure sounds like fun all the way around! jk/Pretty much figured out what you're alluding to. :lol: