• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Serapth

Canada vs USA - Women's Gold medal game - 6:30 EST

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!
still gotta beat slovakia first before that is even a possibility.

Canada doesn't need to beat Slovakia to lose the gold.

:huh: Sure hope that comment did something for you. Because from here it just diminishes you that you found it necessary to come up with thatcutesy macho putdown.

Are you even capable of doing 1/8 of what they're doing out there on the ice?

I thought not.

Sure hope that comment did something for you. Because from here it just diminishes you that you took offence to taht cutesy macho put down, and can't take a joke. It was more of a play on the word, a witty quip, than it was a slam on women. Are you going to deny that most Hookers are women? Are you going to deny that there are tons and tons and tons of Women hookers available to anyone that wants one? Are you going to deny that in a society where women sell their bodies for a living and are going to be so easily accessible, that from a male's point of view we're going to associate women with hooking? Don't blame us, blame the millions of hookers that we have in this world. Don't blame him for making that comment, it was funny to 99% of us. If you're the 1% that got offended, maybe you have the problem. Maybe it's the 1% of people in this world that are ruining it for the rest of us. Maybe it's the 1% of people like mothers who are just finding out about boys boxing in helmets in gloves in the dressing room that are taking things away from people that do the things they like to do because they're offended. Maybe you should blame the Generation that raised this Generation of whiners, complainers, wussies and people that flat out can't take a joke for the over sensitivity of today's society.

As far as doing 1/8 of what they do on the ice, yes, most of us would kill them if they were going at 1/8 of what they could do. Line me, and 5 other guys here that have played hockey, even as a kid, and we get to play at full speed, and the women only play at 1/8 effort. We'll win. Every time.

I think we should be able to go back to being able to make a joke, and not worry about offending everyone under the sun. It's not the problem with the person making the joke, it's a problem with everyone else jumping on the "I'm offended" Bandwagon. For some reason people feel they have the right to be offended, and of there's any joke that puts down any segment of the population, people feel like they can take the Joke seriously, offensively, and blow it out of proportion.

The solution to all this? Put you big boy/girl pants on and quit your bitchin. It was a play on words, and it was played well. That's all. stop trying to take our fun away, and try to come up with something just as witty against men. But you can't. you couldn't win. you coulnd't think of a clever comeback, so you played the offended card.

I hope that comment did something for you, because from here it just diminishes you to an over-sensitive, can't take a joke, bleeding heart whiner who can't fight back so you cry about it.

Are you even capable of coming up with something 1/8 as funny as what he said?

I thought not.

So they win one game, and get a Gold Medal for it.

The U.S. team wins 0 games, and gets a Silver Medal for it.

Interesting competition format.

A better format would be to have these teams play a 7 game series, and let the other countries all stay home.

With all the talk of eliminating the women's game from the olympics, I could see this happening. If it ever does get squashed from the games, I could see them doing a 7 game super series during the week or so leading up to the olympics, and just playing for their own Trophy. Do this at least until some of the other countries catch up. Or even make it a 4 team North American invitational. when the other 2 qualifying invites start to win games, then the olympics will look at them again.

So apparently the Canadian women are in trouble for boozing it up and smoking cigars on the ice during the victory celebration. Problem? They have underage players, who did not hesitate in joining in! HAHA! The IOC has already annouced that they are investigating, and are very disappointed with the Canadian Women's Hockey team.

news story

I liked this comment after the article:

Whats so shocking about a bunch of whitetrash lesbians from canada drinking beer and smoking cigars in public? i dont get it

:lol:

So apparently the Canadian women are in trouble for boozing it up and smoking cigars on the ice during the victory celebration. Problem? They have underage players, who did not hesitate in joining in! HAHA! The IOC has already annouced that they are investigating, and are very disappointed with the Canadian Women's Hockey team.

news story

I liked this comment after the article:

:lol:

Lol, As a Canadian, really can't dispute that comment. Really, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Was it really that different then jon montgomery Grabbing that Pitcher of beer on his way to his interview, and drinking it during? He became a national hero for that.

I think the 18 year olds shuold be charged with underaged drinking. Why do they get a free pass? Other than that, leave em alone.

Oh woopty-doo. They just won a freakin' gold medal they can't get their smoke and drink on?? If I just won a ANYTHING I'd be doing the same damn thing in a second!

I would like to see a 3/5/7 game series (checking allowed) between these two teams. That was, imo, one of the better hockey games I've seen in a while women or not. As an American born and raised I was pulling for the losing side.. they just didn't seem to have it when it came down to it, but hey I suppose a Silver medal is not something to sneeze at. I was also pretty impressed with the decency shown by the largely Canadian crowd- I didn't hear any jeers.

I suppose the spotlight's on the Canadian men's squad now.

The IOC really have to f*** right off. Granted, this is slightly more justified than the grievance against Ryan Miller for Miller Time on his helmet, but its almost as stupid.

They get involved in all this mild moralistic pandering, but when it comes to corruption and bribe allegations they are strangely mum. Then again, does anyone anywhere actually respect the IOC? They are pretty much the definition of bureaucracy.

Too bad the IOC is sticking their noses into something that IMHO is really no big deal - although there were a few whom are not of age.

Had this all taken place in the locker room - no harm no foul.

Underage drinking at the Olympics on International TV. Sounds like a big problem to me.

Underage drinking at the Olympics on International TV. Sounds like a big problem to me.

there was one 18 year old who took part in the drinking, the drinking age in canada is 19. Is someone being a couple months too young really a big deal?

They just kicked ass and reached the absoloute pinnacle of their chosen field; thats what you do, you celebrate.

Of course its overblown by whomever is complaining about it, (you know its new hockey moms with a 10 yr playing) but I think the IOC has to appear to be professional and atleast respond exactly as they did,"we'll look into it". They can't say "Oh f*** off, they just won the frikin Gold against the American's for Christ Sake, the first Gold won by a Canadian hockey team on Canadian soil, whats a couple of beers and cigars. And the underaged chick scored their only two goals, for f*** sakes, if that aint worthy of a beer, I don't know what is!"

Edited by T.Low

Sure hope that comment did something for you. Because from here it just diminishes you that you took offence to taht cutesy macho put down, and can't take a joke. >>>>>

I hope that comment did something for you, because from here it just diminishes you to an over-sensitive, can't take a joke, bleeding heart whiner who can't fight back so you cry about it.

Are you even capable of coming up with something 1/8 as funny as what he said?

I thought not.

Howie? Is that you? I ask this because this reaction was pretty over-blown, ya know?

Anyway, here's my response to your "by-god-hookers-are-here-in droves-anyway-and-it's-all-their-fault-so-we-can-say-whatever-we-want-about-them-whenever-we-want" tirade. You boys have pretty much control of this board for approximately 364 days out of the year and that includes those who control this board. You outnumber women responders here maybe at least 15 to 1? (That's obviously a sheer guess.) And yeah, I understand it's a sports board that deals mostly with men's hockey. And you know what? In spite of those odds, I have lots of fun on this board and seldom have any problem with most of the guy-responders here. Most are bright and witty and I indeed, learn a lot from them. And the vast majority of you guys are kind and sensitive. And most of you even know that sometimes you understand you might want to moderate your comments. NOT just because there are some women who show up here, but because it's just.the.overall.class.thing.to.do.and.you.look.cool.doing.it. :)

But then comes the Olympics and every four years, the women hockey players get to shine - after working their asses off to get where they are. Many of them have husbands and families. And after working their asses off - win or lose - they go back to NOTHING sports-wise. The men can go back to their respective teams, whether they be NHL or whatever. And yes, that's the women's choice.

What I wanted and hoped to think is that at least every four years, you all can show some class and sensitivity to the gigantic effort they put forth and if you don't like women's hockey, fine. But at least show some perspective and give them credit for what they've accomplished?

I really know now it is simply not possible because there's always someone or some people/guys who do not see it this way. They think that humor and timing should have priority over anything else in spite of the real situation.

But it's over now for another four years. The women will all head home and do their thing, whatever that might be. But the fact remains that I will always be damn proud of ALL of them and what they've accomplished on every level. And for those of you who simply chose not to see them for who they really are, I feel bad for you but that doesn't mean I have to pay attention to whatever you say from here on.

Edited by Vladifan

Howie? Is that you? I ask this because this reaction was pretty over-blown, ya know?

Anyway, here's my response to your "by-god-hookers-are-here-in droves-anyway-and-it's-all-their-fault-so-we-can-say-whatever-we-want-about-them-whenever-we-want" tirade. You boys have pretty much control of this board for approximately 364 days out of the year and that includes those who control this board. You outnumber women responders here maybe at least 15 to 1? (That's obviously a sheer guess.) And yeah, I understand it's a sports board that deals mostly with men's hockey. And you know what? In spite of those odds, I have lots of fun on this board and seldom have any problem with most of the guy-responders here. Most are bright and witty and I indeed, learn a lot from them. And the vast majority of you guys are kind and sensitive. And most of you even know that sometimes you understand you might want to moderate your comments. NOT just because there are some women who show up here, but because it's just.the.overall.class.thing.to.do.and.you.look.cool.doing.it. :)

But then comes the Olympics and every four years, the women hockey players get to shine - after working their asses off to get where they are. Many of them have husbands and families. And after working their asses off - win or lose - they go back to NOTHING sports-wise. The men can go back to their respective teams, whether they be NHL or whatever. And yes, that's the women's choice.

What I wanted and hoped to think is that at least every four years, you all can show some class and sensitivity to the gigantic effort they put forth and if you don't like women's hockey, fine. But at least show some perspective and give them credit for what they've accomplished?

I really know now it is simply not possible because there's always someone or some people/guys who do not see it this way. They think that humor and timing should have priority over anything else in spite of the real situation.

But it's over now for another four years. The women will all head home and do their thing, whatever that might be. But the fact remains that I will always be damn proud of ALL of them and what they've accomplished on every level. And for those of you who simply chose not to see them for who they really are, I feel bad for you but that doesn't mean I have to pay attention to whatever you say from here on.

some reason i don't see you saying the same thing if it were the U.S team doing this. but thats just me..maybe im wrong. its easy to defend your own country for a show of disrespect. its funny how everyone on every other sports outlet is saying it was bad for them to do that but you think just because they have no lifes when they go home that they should get a pass at an international event is pretty mind blowing. but again thats just me. we all have our opinions.

btw i still luvs ya vladifan=)

Edited by hillbillywingsfan

I can totally see where you are coming from and understand your point. Among many other things, it's not easy seeing a billion dollar market for men's hockey where guys can become multi milionaires playing the game they are so passionate about, while because you are a women and there is no market to speak of for women's hockey, its just a passing fancy at best where you still need to get a regular job at the end of the day.

I have seen a few of your posts and tend to agree with them in general. Personally, I have always surrounded myself with strong women (my mother was a pioneer in many ways being a business owner, and athlete, the neighborhood handy man, and still quite an active, gorgeous lady at 73 yrs old).

I did however chuckle out loud at the "make a living " coment, and knowing my mother's sense of humor, I think she would have too.

But, even though I'm not the one who made the coment, I 'm ok with agreeing to disagree on this one as it's a much stronger issue for you than any of us guys.

It was a fantastic game. I recorded it and will watch again some rainy day while working out on my elyptical trainer.

I can totally see where you are coming from and understand your point. Among many other things, it's not easy seeing a billion dollar market for men's hockey where guys can become multi milionaires playing the game they are so passionate about, while because you are a women and there is no market to speak of for women's hockey, its just a passing fancy at best where you still need to get a regular job at the end of the day.

I have seen a few of your posts and tend to agree with them in general. Personally, I have always surrounded myself with strong women (my mother was a pioneer in many ways being a business owner, and athlete, the neighborhood handy man, and still quite an active, gorgeous lady at 73 yrs old).

I did however chuckle out loud at the "make a living " coment, and knowing my mother's sense of humor, I think she would have too.

But, even though I'm not the one who made the coment, I 'm ok with agreeing to disagree on this one as it's a much stronger issue for you than any of us guys.

It was a fantastic game. I recorded it and will watch again some rainy day while working out on my elyptical trainer.

T.Low - I appreciate your comments and probably under other circumstances I would have agreed with your mom. She sounds like a very neat, with-it lady.

And your elyptical trainer thing reminds me. I need to get off my butt and go work out. :)

Smoking cigars? Oh eww. I hate men who smoke cigars, it looks and smells so damn nasty and vile. I get that a lot of the guys do it after they win the Cup, but I don't like it then either. Couldn't they just drink?

They look so trashy doing that.

Edited by Electrophile

there was one 18 year old who took part in the drinking, the drinking age in canada is 19. Is someone being a couple months too young really a big deal?

Well at least in America if you are a day too young you still get an MIP and aren't allowed in the bars unless you have giant **** and are half naked.

Well at least in America if you are a day too young you still get an MIP and aren't allowed in the bars unless you have giant **** and are half naked.

trust me i know how it works, i just dont think its worth getting all worked up over one 18 year old having a beer after she won a gold medal.

Lol, As a Canadian, really can't dispute that comment. Really, I don't think it's that big of a deal. Was it really that different then jon montgomery Grabbing that Pitcher of beer on his way to his interview, and drinking it during? He became a national hero for that.

I think the 18 year olds shuold be charged with underaged drinking. Why do they get a free pass? Other than that, leave em alone.

There is ONE underage girl and she turns 19 in less then a month. I can't believe anybody even cares about this. Like you said earlier, what is this world coming too?

No big deal, so the champs had a beer and a smoke. Whatever, it's Canada!

To me the issue isnt THAT they did it... It's WHERE they did it. They have private rooms where all the athletes can go.

It was a International Competition and your the host country. Lead by Example?

On the ice makes it a public display, and I think that is where it's a "controversy"