Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

2010 Olympic Gold Medal Game: Canada 3 vs. USA 2 (OT)

olympics 2010 canada united states

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
793 replies to this topic

#681 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:52 PM

QUOTE (titanium2 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Oh so now you're joking around. Backpedaling is fun.

And yes, there's that passive-aggressive thing too. Thanks for the reminder. thumbup.gif

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#682 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

QUOTE (LidsFan @ February 28, 2010 - 05:47PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I am so sad that the USA lost the Gold to Canada, mainly because I cannot stand the players who are on the team.

Considering that the USA was not supposed to do well in these Olympics, I think that they should be proud of the Silver Medal that they won. Go USA!

Silver is better than Gold anyway... especially when it's a Cup. Besides, I think the USA just won *Platinum* in Vancouver.

hehe.gif

if you don't get that, you didn't watch anything aside from hockey in these Olympic games...

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#683 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

QUOTE (titanium2 @ February 28, 2010 - 06:50PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I don't think you even know. Looks like you really shifted when three girls came at you.

You should obviously know since you called me out on it.

Posted Image

#684 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

QUOTE (Draper_Rocks#33 @ February 28, 2010 - 06:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
babcock cried...did he cry at all when he won a stanley cup??

I remember him walking onto the ice towards the celebrating players with a huge scowl on his face.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#685 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:53 PM

I thought this thread was about the Gold Medal game in Vancouver. Silly me. dry.gif

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#686 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:54 PM

To be honest, I just wanted to talk with what I assumed to be a bunch of happy Canadians and proud Americans, but that's impossible. Sidney Crosby is tearing apart these boards...it's unbelievable.

In an attempt to bring back something worthwhile....I'll say it again.

Congrats to the Canadian fans. It must be a tremendous feeling right. After their loss to the US they certainly came back and earned gold.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#687 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:55 PM

Did anyone really not expect the US to win after the Canadians scored the first goal?

No team lost in the tournament after scoring first. Not a one.

Posted Image

#688 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:56 PM

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ February 28, 2010 - 06:53PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I thought this thread was about the Gold Medal game in Vancouver. Silly me. dry.gif

That was effectively rendered impossible when the game ended as it did.

"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#689 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:57 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ February 28, 2010 - 07:51PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
When I am poking at someone's hatred for a specific player, I shouldn't have to be incredibly obvious to show I'm joking around.

Or did I think she didn't know that Sidney Crosby scored the game winner and just wanted to make sure she was aware of that fact?

But hey, I suppose "pedantic" (which I don't see as the case) is the same as "stalkerish".

I have made my response (as well as have at least three others) to you as clear as I know how and I'm done with it.

Have a nice day. And a good week. smile.gif

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#690 Miss Wing Queen

Miss Wing Queen

Hockeytown's Helmetless Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 523 posts

I really wanted Babs to get his gold, but at the start of OT, I was praying, "Please, God, do NOT let it be Crosby. Anybody but him, but let Canada score." I then was trying to find a suitable Canadian player to get the OT goal. I'm convinced that God is in Bettman's pocket too, along with all the NHL refs and the hockey gods. Those must be deep pockets . . . rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I'm very happy for Canada getting the gold and USA for the silver. I don't care what other people say, but Rafalski had a terrific Olympic tournament, and I'm very proud of the way he played. I'm proud of all of our Olympic Medal Wings--Fillpula, Rafalski, Babcock, and Yzerman, . . . and Ryan Miller by association biggrin.gif.

Most of all, I am so excited that so many millions of people enjoyed a terrific hockey game!

Yeah Canada and USA!!!!

#691 puckloo39

puckloo39

• HoF Booster
  • 21,475 posts

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ February 28, 2010 - 05:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Did anyone really not expect the US to win after the Canadians scored the first goal?

that is what the announcers said during the opening minutes of the game. I didn't take it as a foregone conclusion, however.

Edited by puckloo39, 28 February 2010 - 07:00 PM.

puckloo39dom.jpg

Best ever

#692 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:58 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ February 28, 2010 - 06:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I didn't expect them to win because they played terrible until Kesler's deflection goal. They started to pick it up after that and scored the huge, would-be historic goal in the last seconds, but I don't think they ever completely found their game today. Especially in the offensive zone. Little to no sustained pressure, questionable passes, and rarely anyone at the front of the net. Canada did a great job of taking away space....at times, seemed like there were 8 Canadians on the ice.

But after that Parise goal....yeah, I felt it.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#693 redwingfan19

redwingfan19

On a mission

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,523 posts

AM I THE ONLY CANADIAN HERE THAT IS ABSOLUTLEY WASTED??????? AT THE BAR ON MY BLACKBERRY
You may not like tough hockey, but it's winning hockey.

Mitch Callahan: 48GP, 6G, 3A, 9PTS,+/- -3, 103PIMS

14 Fighting Majors

#694 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

QUOTE (Hockeytown0001 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I was actually talking about the actual countries, but yup.

Canada better enjoy this, it's a good cover for the fact that no Canadian wants to admit: Canada hasn't won the Stanley Cup since 1993.

Way to bring up that argument on a Wing's board where the Canadians here couldn't give two s***s if a Canadian team wins the cup.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#695 Pepist

Pepist

Rookie

• Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 06:59 PM

Great game. Not much more to say. Canada deserved to win this one, but I was rooting for the USA and I think I gave my poor sleeping dog a heart attack when Parise tied it. Team USA were obviously tired after that. Unfortunately, the mvp made one mistake. Congratulations Canada!

#696 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,781 posts

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ February 28, 2010 - 06:55PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

And no team had ever not won the Stanley Cup after leading the series 2-0, I thought there was a first time for everything dry.gif

#697 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

QUOTE (puckloo39 @ February 28, 2010 - 06:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
that is what the announcers said during the opening minutes of the game.

I remember. That's why I was crushed when Toews scored.

Also Rafalski (despite having a killer offensive tourney) was crap defensively the whole game. Ughhh.

Posted Image

#698 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

QUOTE (Miss Wing Queen @ February 28, 2010 - 07:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I really wanted Babs to get his gold, but at the start of OT, I was praying, "Please, God, do NOT let it be Crosby. Anybody but him, but let Canada score." I then was trying to find a suitable Canadian player to get the OT goal. I'm convinced that God is in Bettman's pocket too, along with all the NHL refs and the hockey gods. Those must be deep pockets . . . rolleyes.gif

Seriously, I'm very happy for Canada getting the gold and USA for the silver. I don't care what other people say, but Rafalski had a terrific Olympic tournament, and I'm very proud of the way he played. I'm proud of all of our Olympic Medal Wings--Fillpula, Rafalski, Babcock, and Yzerman, . . . and Ryan Miller by association biggrin.gif.

Most of all, I am so excited that so many millions of people enjoyed a terrific hockey game!

Yeah Canada and USA!!!!

Nice, NICE post. beerchug.gif

#699 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (redwingfan19 @ February 28, 2010 - 03:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
AM I THE ONLY CANADIAN HERE THAT IS ABSOLUTLEY WASTED??????? AT THE BAR ON MY BLACKBERRY

Eh, I probably would be too. laugh.gif

You tech hoar you.

#700 Firehawk

Firehawk

Don't Touch My Pop

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:00 PM

It just had to be Cindy Crosby that got the goal didn't it? SIgh.

At any rate, what a game. Both teams played well, I never gave the USA a chance from the start to even win a medal so I am pleased with the Silver.

Ugh, it just had to be Crosby...
U GUYS ARE FUKIN ANYOING IM GONNA COME DOWN THERE AND KILL ALL YALL THE ONLY THING THAT SAVED UR TEAM WAS OSGOOD AND OSSGOOD SUKS 2 JUST LIKE UR WHOLE FUKIN TEAM I HOPE U HEARD THIS AND THINK CAUSE ALL I GOT TO SAY TO U IS UR A BUNCH OF FUKIN IDIOTS BARONS A HOOSER CUSE HE WENT TO UR TEAM AND I HOPE U GUYS SHOULD SEND UR TEAM TO ANOTHER CITY CAUSE U GUYS ARE A BUNCH OF FUKIN WHINERS GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! --- A canucks fan on stltoday.com

This was so funny I had to set it as my sig.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: GDT, olympics, 2010, canada, united states

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users