• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWings

Did Crosby earn your respect?

Rate this topic

I suppose you didn't see him skating around with the Canadian flag and the "I won the Olympics!" look on his face.

With the kind of attitude Crosby has, I wouldn't be shocked if Crosby (and Pens fans) feels that he carried Team Canada to the gold, when he was actually one of their least important players.

That's a joke right?

Crosby was the leader in TOI for forwards, scored the GWG in OVERTIME and was a PPG performer.

Get over it, and accept the fact Crosby is great.

Guest Shoreline
Game-winning goal, Sidney Crosby.

Till the last second, the man was transparent, and I really thought that without Maxime Talbot, Team Canada would not be able to seal the deal..

Crosby could turn into the hypothetical Mother Teresa of hockey players and the board would still throw a tantrum whenever his name gets mentioned. No real way to cure this kinda jealousy.

There's really no denying his talent. I thought he actually handled himself pretty well these games, as well.

He's still Crosby, but my disdain for him is subsiding. (Due largely to the fact that I'm no longer living in Pittsburgh). He'll be canonized for this, but at least he's living up to the hype so far this year.

That's a joke right?

Crosby was the leader in TOI for forwards, scored the GWG in OVERTIME and was a PPG performer.

Get over it, and accept the fact Crosby is great.

You do understand he played like crap that entire game, and the previous USA game right? He scored in OT and won, but there are many players who outperformed him over the stretch of the Olympics.

Crosby is a great hockey player, there is no doubt. As such, I do respect his skills as a hockey player. With that said, I do not respect him as a person, because there is also no doubt that he is an *******.

His interview just proved it when asked about their victory post-game and part of his response included "we certainly didn't expect it to be that close."

He might as well have said "I honestly thought we were going to run away with it, didn't expect them to be that good" or something to that effect. Damnit! All I think most hockey fans want from Crosby, probably the greatest player of his generation, is to show some f'n respect. Your team was loaded with superstars and you were on home ice and you BARELY beat the youngest team in the tourney, who had just beat you a week ago. His quote should have been "we knew it was gonna be close" or something to that effect.

You do understand he played like crap that entire game, and the previous USA game right? He scored in OT and won, but there are many players who outperformed him over the stretch of the Olympics.

Not saying he was the best player by any means.

But to say he was one of the most unimportant players is just laughable.

Also 61% on face offs. 4th in the tournament for players taking 60+ draws.

Crosby could turn into the hypothetical Mother Teresa of hockey players and the board would still throw a tantrum whenever his name gets mentioned. No real way to cure this kinda jealousy.

Jealousy? I'm jealous of people like Kate Winslet and Bruce Springsteen......down-to-earth, awesome people who are endlessly entertaining and worth whatever price it is to go see them do what they do.

I am not jealous of Sidney Crosby. Other than material possessions, what does he have that I could possibly want?

Jealousy? I'm jealous of people like Kate Winslet and Bruce Springsteen......down-to-earth, awesome people who are endlessly entertaining and worth whatever price it is to go see them do what they do.

I am not jealous of Sidney Crosby. Other than material possessions, what does he have that I could possibly want?

Mario Lemieux?

You can hate one guy but still respect him.

I really hate him, but he scored that goal in moneytime.

I thought he would be nowhere again, but he scored. I think you must give the man credit for this.

Edited by RedWings

Skill, friends, not be out of shape, s*** could go on forever, his youth even, old lady crying on the computer, that's sad hahahahaha

I'm sipping a LaBatt beer (one of many), living in northern michigan, and still not convinced which team is better.

Oh well.......(pssshhhtt...another beer opening)

Here's to Hockey...

And to the WINGS!!!!!!!

Guest Shoreline

A hot schmexy body that any woman would want!

Seriously though, the jealousy stems merely from the attention he gets, and each time he does something that merits the attention, the tantrum throwing gets just as prevalent. :P

Heh I got a chuckle out of that.

You can say Crosby is a whiner or a diver, you can say he's ugly, you can call him a ***, do what you gotta do but I don't see how people can play it off like this guy isn't humble.... and most are probably Ovechkin fans I bet.... Crosby is honestly one of the most humble guys there is.....if you disagree you don't know the meaning of the word

Mario Lemieux?

Well, he is the good Lemieux. Sure Crosby has money and boy what my family could do with some ducats right about now, but there's a lot of people in this world with more money than he's got.....and I'm certainly not jealous of them. He's got a Stanley Cup......I don't play hockey, I don't even know how to ice skate. He's got a gold medal......I've got one of those, only it's not Olympic gold.

So what does he have that I should be jealous of him for?

The Crosby attention whoring/Leg humping on LGW forums is worse than NBC.

I dont mean any disrespect but will every one please SHUT THE f*** UP about Crosby already?

He just won Olympic gold in overtime bro you think his time is up already? It hasn't even been an hour yet................

bahahahahaha

You can say Crosby is a whiner or a diver, you can say he's ugly, you can call him a ***, do what you gotta do but I don't see how people can play it off like this guy isn't humble.... and most are probably Ovechkin fans I bet.... Crosby is honestly one of the most humble guys there is.....if you disagree you don't know the meaning of the word

Apparently you forgot his press conferences in the 2008 Finals.

Man I wish I knew what Sidney Crosby was like personally.

How did you get to know him like that?