• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWings

Did Crosby earn your respect?

Rate this topic

Haha I can imagine. Although I guess it's the lesser of two evils if your team's player scores right?

Yeah, I guess you could say it lessens the sting a little. Crosby's been kind of quiet and had a number of mistakes in the tournament, but I just knew something was going to happen and he wouldn't stay quiet, and I was right. I was totally heartbroken but thoroughly amused at the same time because of all the hell I knew that would break loose everywhere (good and bad) because it was Crosby. Still wanted it more for USA and Orpik, but what can you do. At the beginning of the tournament I would have been happy to see the USA at least get a medal. They sure got my hopes up for a while there. :(

Yeah, I guess you could say it lessens the sting a little. Crosby's been kind of quiet and had a number of mistakes in the tournament, but I just knew something was going to happen and he wouldn't stay quiet, and I was right. I was totally heartbroken but thoroughly amused at the same time because of all the hell I knew that would break loose everywhere (good and bad) because it was Crosby. Still wanted it more for USA and Orpik, but what can you do. At the beginning of the tournament I would have been happy to see the USA at least get a medal. They sure got my hopes up for a while there. :(

Good to see you back, where have you been lately?

If Canada is looking for a hero in these games, here you go:

this:

JoannieRochette.jpg

What she did was beyond my ability to comprehend. If I was skating in the Olympics, in my home country and two days before I was to take the ice, my mother died suddenly......there's no way in hell I'd have the strength to go out there. I would fall apart and lose my mind. Although a part of me thinks that the routine of what she was doing was a way to keep herself together.

To go out there and skate her ass off and medal......she should have worn a longer skirt on her skating outfit to hide the enormous brass balls she's got. I was watching her interview with Bob Costas and I turned to MY mother and said, "that's a person I would like to know." If you look up the word "lady" in the dictionary, it'll say "See: Rochette, Joannie".

Edited by Electrophile

this:

JoannieRochette.jpg

not this:

scarything.jpg

I couldn't agree more! The courage and strength this young lady (Joannie Rochette, not Crosby) exhibited was just remarkable! Your heart just broke for her. I don't know how she ever got through her programs.

I'm so torn. I hated Crosby so much. But watching the impromptu celebrations in the streets all across Canada tonight, and participating in one in downtown Toronto, you come to realize how much that goal meant to the country. I hope you guys (esp. American Wings fans) can understand this, and yes, Sidney Crosby has absolutely earned my respect.

I'm so torn. I hated Crosby so much. But watching the impromptu celebrations in the streets all across Canada tonight, and participating in one in downtown Toronto, you come to realize how much that goal meant to the country. I hope you guys (esp. American Wings fans) can understand this, and yes, Sidney Crosby has absolutely earned my respect.

Those of us who were alive in 1980 understand perfectly well what winning hockey gold in front of your home country's fans feels like. That was far more exciting and emotional than this was.

he is a walking gatorade commercial that NBC adores and its annoying. Plays like a little ***** and is and will always be my mosted hated hockey player ever!!!! More than the Avs in 97,99, 02, more than the ducks in 07 and 09 and calgary in 06. He has defeated my favorite team in the cup finals in game ******* 7 and now he defeated my favorite country in the gold medal game. He will never have my respect. f*** him and his stupid little brat face.

Sidney Crosbys GWG I think was luck. To me it looked like it surprised Miller. Just because he is "god" in Canada doesn't mean he's like a god here. I still hate him..

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

this:

JoannieRochette.jpg

not this:

scarything.jpg

believe me...i am so proud of joannie for her performance. what she went through during these past olympics is something you very rarely ever witness. i truly think that all the canadian athletes are heroes to this country. you cant really say that one person was "the hero". every athlete is striving for one goal: to get a gold medal. joannie may of only got a bronze medal, but to me, she was nothing but gold.

then again, you have the mens gold medal game for ice hockey . all eyes are on this contest. its the last event of the olympic games, so you have athletes who performed in attendance as well. sidney crosby nets the game winner in Overtime. fans go crazy. canadian athletes go crazy. canada goes crazy.

so if over a miillion people watched this on television, in bars, restaurants or whether they watched it with friends/family at home. one of canadas rising hockey stars , who was quiet during these olympic games nets the game winning goal to send the whole country in a bug huge massive partyfest. i dont think you get get ANY more heroic then that.

Crosby talks about how he doesn't like Ovechkin and his post-goal celebrations... I think it's 100x worse for him to acknowledge the praise he got at the medal ceremony. What a ******. It looked like he took credit for the team effort. Worst poster child moment ever.

no kidding thats what every one was afraid of. Before the game they zoomed in on the USA captain the talked a little about him then they went to Crosby and said how team Canada was "Led by Crosby" like he was their captain. He wasnt even a assistance for that game. I dont even think they acknowledged who Canadas captain actually was. Pretty sad.

That's what happens when your the best player in the world, on the best team. Suck it up buddy. You can make an arguement that Ovechkin is better then Crosby. But Crosby owns him head to head.

he is a walking gatorade commercial that NBC adores and its annoying. Plays like a little ***** and is and will always be my mosted hated hockey player ever!!!! More than the Avs in 97,99, 02, more than the ducks in 07 and 09 and calgary in 06. He has defeated my favorite team in the cup finals in game ******* 7 and now he defeated my favorite country in the gold medal game. He will never have my respect. f*** him and his stupid little brat face.

Oh cry about it.

Nuff' said.

LOL people on here will still be crying over Crosby til' the day they die.

The obsession with Crosby on these boards border on embarrassing. I can only think what readers of other teams during the regular season think of some posters whining on here.

And it is posters like you that still do not get it.

Pretty much everybody respects his play and realizes he's one of the best players in the world presently. At least I do.

We cannot stand the absurd amounts of overattention he gets, his questionable attitude/appearance at times, and media humping his leg and just intentionally igonring his questionable traits. THAT IS IT. Talk about other people as well.

f*** NO. I could never respect a player that jumps on a players back and pounds him in the nuts when the player already has another guy holding him down and pounding on his head. He is a f***in classless dickwad.

Guest Shoreline
LOL people on here will still be crying over Crosby til' the day they die.

The obsession with Crosby on these boards border on embarrassing. I can only think what readers of other teams during the regular season think of some posters whining on here.

So true. Instead of getting embarrassed, anymore, I just poke fun at my fellow Wing fans. :P

Edited by Shoreline

I respect his talent but I can't stand him otherwise. Scoring that goal made me feel even worse. Couldn't it have been anyone else?

I would have rather seen team USA score on themselves than see Crosby get the GWG.

I'm not sure what's worse, seeing Crosby get the GWG last night, or seeing him carry around our Stanley Cup on our ice...ok, the latter is worse.

Edited by Firehawk

So true. Instead of getting embarrassed, anymore, I just poke fun at my fellow Wing fans. :P

Starting to see where I'm coming from now? haha

It's just absurd how far people's jealousy can blind them.

And we do the same thing to posters like yourself who still feel the need to give others a guilt trip about it trying to make people feel they are stupid or jealous or whatever when they aren't/

why do you keep saying jealousy? some people are so blindly in love with him its amazing.

Not blinded at all. I get that he's one of the best players in the game.

He gets too much damned attention and media ignores is questionable attitude traits. It has nothing to do with a Red Wing not being covered more or whatever else.

What is so hard for some of you to understand about this? Or why do you purposefully ignore this?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan