• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

RedWings

Did Crosby earn your respect?

Rate this topic

This is hilarious...what does he dial directory assistance and ask for the "Nick Lidstrom residence somewhere in Michigan near Detroit probably" or does the NHL provide a player phonebook to everyone in the case that they miss a handshake so they can call and explain that is was not intentional... the intent to shake was there?!

Considering that he has a direct line to Gary Bettman himself (and even admitted as much in an interview around the time of the All-Star Game last year), I don't think it would be that difficult for him to get in touch with Lidstrom.

Guest micah
Excellent point.

In my mind, Crosby doesn't have to earn anyone's respect.

Yes, he was a whiner and diver in the beginning of his career. Big deal. So was Gretzky and Lemieux. And so was Forsberg.

He's far more mature now and he's only 22.

Just look at how insanely immature many act on this message board. Now imagine giving some of us $20M and a Cup. I imagine the douchery that would take place would eclipse anything we saw on Jersey Shore.

I mean, look at this ridiculous thread. Who's calling the kettle black?

Yup.

Fact: Crosby was busy and didn't get to shaking Lids' hand.

That's all we know of the situation. Some on LGW have decided, for whatever reason, that Sid did not appologise to Lids. Anyone who is of that mindset has clearly already decided not to like Sid and to believe the worst about him, just as anyone who would say "I'm sure Sid called Lids right after the game!" clearly already had their mind made up to like sid and believe the best about him. Both positions are equally deserving of ridicule.

Let's say Sid did call Lids and say he's sorry. Would the classy thing for him to have done next have been to alert the media and say "Look, I did the right thing!!!"?

Considering that he has a direct line to Gary Bettman himself (and even admitted as much in an interview around the time of the All-Star Game last year), I don't think it would be that difficult for him to get in touch with Lidstrom.

Again, who's to say he hasn't?

Some of these athletes do insane amounts of charity work we never hear about (Crosby included).

If Crosby came out and said "I called Lidstrom to apologize" people would say "Listen to Sid brag about how awesome he is".

EDIT: Beat me too it Micah. ;)

The only person that deserved an apology for that is Lidstrom and for all we know Sid already made it.

How come it's alright to assume in favor against Sid, but not the other way?

Call out Crosby for whining and diving early in his career. He deserves it.

But the reasons provided by the OP are beyond ridiculous.

It's hilarious to me that someone calls him out for being immature by giving immature reasons.

Edited by Hank

Yup.

Fact: Crosby was busy and didn't get to shaking Lids' hand.

When you just won the Stanley Cup, you respect tradition and respect your opponent. There's no excuse for being "busy." He's the captain of his team. I don't care what the hell else is going on: You drop what you're doing and LEAD your team down the handshake line.

Guest micah
When you just won the Stanley Cup, you respect tradition and respect your opponent. There's no excuse for being "busy." He's the captain of his team. I don't care what the hell else is going on: You drop what you're doing and LEAD your team down the handshake line.

He was what, 21? He screwed up. Having been 21 once, I can forgive that.

Lids said it was nothing. You disagree. I'll side with Lids. He was there.

Crosby was in the middle of his interview when they lined up. You don't think there is a slight chance he wasn't even paying attention to that considering he was in the moment and trying to conduct an interview?

Watching the game last night on an ESPN American feed was interesting because for commercial bumpers, they were actually making it a point to interview OTHER talents around the league. In fact, when interviewing Ryan Getzlaf, they made a point to mention beforehand that the league always focuses on Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin, while largely ignoring other young talents such as Getz, Toews, Kane, Parise, etc. Who'da thunk it? ESPN gets one right.

Watching the game last night on an ESPN American feed was interesting because for commercial bumpers, they were actually making it a point to interview OTHER talents around the league. In fact, when interviewing Ryan Getzlaf, they made a point to mention beforehand that the league always focuses on Crosby, Malkin and Ovechkin, while largely ignoring other young talents such as Getz, Toews, Kane, Parise, etc. Who'da thunk it? ESPN gets one right.

Wait ESPN actually gave the NHL some coverage. They interviewed people other than Crosby and they even went as far as to point out Crosby get to much attention?!!! I dont believe you. Hell must have froze over.