• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

newfy

Canada sets record

Rate this topic

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Winter Olympic record buddy. Nobody cares about the summer Olympics at this point.

At this point no, but overall, the Summer Olympics are much more popular than the Winter Olympics.

O really? Then why did Canada spend $110 million on a " Own the Podium" program to try to win the all round medal count? O and by the way Canada publicly gave up on "Own the Podium" when it was clear they wouldn't top the Americans. Dont kid yourself all the medals are important not just the golds.

Yes all medals count. Yes you beat us. Why do you have to come in to this thread and rain on our parade. We set a Winter Olympic record with 14 golds and we are proud. Some American's come in to these threads just looking for someone to jaw with. Piss off.

I'm arguing that silver and bronze do matter. If gold is the only medal that matters, then why do they hand out silver and bronze? Enjoy your achievement, but don't s*** on the achievement of the US for winning the most medals. It is an achievement and not something to be looked down upon, which is exactly what you are doing. If you want recognition, it might do you wise to recognize a similarly great achievement.

Yeah I know they matter. I said that so I wouldnt get a bunch of Americans in here talking about their medal count like in all the other threads. I'm not looking down on it I'm saying gold is more important.

After all the bashing Canada took on these forums that win is so refreshing. We weren't evens upposed to make it past Russia according to everyone on here that wasnt Canadian and now everyone is rattled because the Canadians have something to say after they just won the gold.

Doesn't make sense to me.

At this point no, but overall, the Summer Olympics are much more popular than the Winter Olympics.

I agree. We aren't the best in total medals. Don't even come close in the summer. So when we accomplish something why do guys have to come in here and belittle that achievement?

Do Canadians even participate in the Summer Olympics?

Didn't seem like it in Beijing.

Well GMR youre pretty much my favourite poster on here, but once you set the record for summer golds then come talk haha.

We have the record for most golds in one of the Olympics. USA doesnt have either.

Guest Howard He Do It?!
Yes all medals count. Yes you beat us. Why do you have to come in to this thread and rain on our parade. We set a Winter Olympic record with 14 golds and we are proud. Some American's come in to these threads just looking for someone to jaw with. Piss off.

Take a look at the original post again.

With Canada sealing the deal on the hockey game they set a record for most golds at a single Olympics.

What a fitting way to set the record, proving hockey belongs to Canada with Gold in both men's and women's.

A great day to be Canadian.

And before anyone brings up the USA medal count, yeah we get it you guys were the 1st loser and the second loser more then us but we have the most gold which is what really matters!

It wasn't an American who started all the jawing.

Americans are just as proud of winning the overall medal count but that is being discredited by your fellow Canadians.

Well GMR youre pretty much my favourite poster on here, but once you set the record for summer golds then come talk haha.

We have the record for most golds in one of the Olympics. USA doesnt have either.

Well considering one American earned more than half the Canadian's medals in the 2008 olympics...

Guest Howard He Do It?!
I agree. We aren't the best in total medals. Don't even come close in the summer. So when we accomplish something why do guys have to come in here and belittle that achievement?

It was a Canadian that belittled the achievement of the United States in winning the overall medal count. Don't even act like this is a one sided affair.

You should probably read the entire thread before you start anything like this.

1. Men's Moguls

2. Women's Snowboard Cross

3. Men's Skeleton

4. Women's Ski Cross

5. Women's bobsled

6. Men's Short-Track Relay

7. Ice Dance

8. Men's Curling

9. Women's Hockey

10. Men's 500m. Short-Track

11. Men's Long-Track Team Pursuit

12. Men's Hockey

13. Men's Snowboard Parallel Slalom

14. Women's Long-Track 1000m.

No disrespect but aside from Curling and Men's Hockey those are some lame sports to get gold in. Good for Canada I guess, but Ice-Dance? Skeleton? Ski Cross? Long-Track Team Pursuit? Maybe it's just me but these events are not exactly ones I'd miss if they were excluded from future winter olympics. And women's hockey is probably the least competitive event of the olympics.

It was a Canadian that belittled the achievement of the United States in winning the overall medal count. Don't even act like this is a one sided affair.

It's not one sided but this was a thread to show support for our record, not about your total medal count, which everyone knows is the best but won't admit it is the best.

Seriously though, a lot of people claim the USA is the most amazing thing ever but you can't even let us enjoy one thing that we have on the world now.

No disrespect but aside from Curling and Men's Hockey those are some lame sports to get gold in. Good for Canada I guess, but Ice-Dance? Skeleton? Ski Cross? Long-Track Team Pursuit? Maybe it's just me but these events are not exactly ones I'd miss if they were excluded from future winter olympics. And women's hockey is probably the least competitive event of the olympics.

What events do you even watch then?

Guest Howard He Do It?!
It's not one sided but this was a thread to show support for our record, not about your total medal count, which everyone knows is the best but won't admit it is the best.

Seriously though, a lot of people claim the USA is the most amazing thing ever but you can't even let us enjoy one thing that we have on the world now.

Again, I direct you to read the OP. This was a thread to celebrate the achievement of Canada's gold medal haul and to s*** on the American achievement of winning the most medals by belittling the silver and bronze medals. Check the last sentence of the OP. Not really a ringing endorsement.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

Not hardly. We have flaws, just like every other country on the planet. People who don't or won't see that are part of the problem.

That being said, when you base your entire country's happiness on how many gold medals you win at the Olympics.....come on now. It's a great achievement, no doubt.....but quit making it sound like you're little Oliver Twist at the orphanage and the other kids want to take your second bowl of gruel away from you.

Edited by Electrophile

lol....did you even read the post i was responding to?

I guess Its ok for Canadians to belittled the achievement of the United States in winning the overall medal count because they have more golds.

And i believe the OP is the one who started the "Jawing" so dont cry about Americans raining on your parade. If your going to dish it our you better be able to take it.

Edited by Original-Six

Why do Canadians constantly preach this "It's our game" nonsense? Are they that insecure as a country? It's really, really weird how they always say that. It always sounds so juvenile. Like a two year old trying to ****** a lollipop from another two year old. Lol.

Why do Canadians constantly preach this "It's our game" nonsense? Are they that insecure as a country? It's really, really weird how they always say that. It always sounds so juvenile. Like a two year old trying to ****** a lollipop from another two year old. Lol.

Because everyother country talkas like its their game. Thre was a thread the other day about how come 2014 the stateas wll be the best hockey country in the world.

We like to defend whats ours.

What events do you even watch then?

All of the cross-country skiing stuff (the heart of the winter olympics imo), curling, men's hockey, downhill skiing, maybe snowboard half-pipe. Of course I watch the occasional small event like Moguls or snowboard cross, they can be fun but I don't value them very highly... I've never met anyone who cares about Skeleton or Bobsled. Ice Dance is a sport? Hm.

A gold is a gold but I wouldn't brag about many of these golds.. do you people care about those sports when it's not olympics?

edit: forgot biathlon of course. that is super-fun.

Edited by dat's sick

Because everyother country talkas like its their game. Thre was a thread the other day about how come 2014 the stateas wll be the best hockey country in the world.

We like to defend whats ours.

You don't own the sport.

And last time I checked the best league in the world is primarily based in the United States.

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24

all i can say is great for canada to set a record for most gold medals in a single Olympic games.

and great for the united states to get the most medals all round.

both countries should be greatful for these achievments!

i can only imagine how many people are gonna have crosby nightmares tonight!! :D :D :D :D

I am confused. There is an often played commercial on NHL Network that states "Hockey is for everyone". Even Iginla says it in the commercial. But now I am being told hockey is Canada's game. Someone has been lying to me....

Guest ToMaToToWnWinGsFaN_24
All of the cross-country skiing stuff (the heart of the winter olympics imo), curling, men's hockey, downhill skiing, maybe snowboard half-pipe. Of course I watch the occasional small event like Moguls or snowboard cross, they can be fun but I don't value them very highly... I've never met anyone who cares about Skeleton or Bobsled. Ice Dance is a sport? Hm.

A gold is a gold but I wouldn't brag about many of these golds.. do you people care about those sports when it's not olympics?

the canadians dont care. and i mean that in a positive way. no matter WHAT event it is it could be ice ballet, or line-dancing mugols...canadians will be thrilled to get gold in any of these!