121 replies to this topic

#41 titanium2

titanium2

Asha... I want I want!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 10,495 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (Yellowknife Redwing @ February 28, 2010 - 07:15PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
As a Canadian, I'm embarrassed by this post. Great game by the USA, great final.

Wait so they didn't set the record right?

#42 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Go Canada Go! We owned the Gold Medal Podium Bigtime!!!

#43 sixer

sixer

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,338 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:19 PM

Go Canada Go! We owned the Gold Medal Podium Bigtime!!!

#44 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:21 PM

QUOTE (Tane @ February 28, 2010 - 07:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we were s***. 0 golds in 88, 0 golds in 76.

We've improved by 14 Gold medals since 88. How many have you improved by?

We've improved by 14 golds since the last time we've hosted how many have you improved by?

Canada Owned the Podium this year. Think silvers count? Go tell the Buffalo bills that Silver Matters.

What an embarrassingly poor comparison. The top 3 athletes in every event are awarded with a medal. Go up to a silver or bronze medalist and tell them that their achievement doesn't matter because they didn't win gold. Football and the Olympics are two completely different things and you cannot compare the two.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#45 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:25 PM

QUOTE (Howard He Do It?! @ February 28, 2010 - 07:21PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
What an embarrassingly poor comparison. The top 3 athletes in every event are awarded with a medal. Go up to a silver or bronze medalist and tell them that their achievement doesn't matter because they didn't win gold. Football and the Olympics are two completely different things and you cannot compare the two.

I dont get what youre arguing?

Youre one of the Americans on here that won't let Canadians enjoy our record and one of the reasons I made a thread like this. Don't get me wrong I pretty much always agree with what you say on this site and are a poster that I don't mind but I think we just have huge national pride.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#46 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (newfy @ February 28, 2010 - 07:25PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I dont get what youre arguing?

Youre one of the Americans on here that won't let Canadians enjoy our record and one of the reasons I made a thread like this. Don't get me wrong I pretty much always agree with what you say on this site and are a poster that I don't mind but I think we just have huge national pride.

I'm arguing that silver and bronze do matter. If gold is the only medal that matters, then why do they hand out silver and bronze? Enjoy your achievement, but don't s*** on the achievement of the US for winning the most medals. It is an achievement and not something to be looked down upon, which is exactly what you are doing. If you want recognition, it might do you wise to recognize a similarly great achievement.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#47 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:29 PM

QUOTE (Tane @ February 28, 2010 - 07:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
we were s***. 0 golds in 88, 0 golds in 76.

We've improved by 14 Gold medals since 88. How many have you improved by?

We've improved by 14 golds since the last time we've hosted how many have you improved by?

Canada Owned the Podium this year. Think silvers count? Go tell the Buffalo bills that Silver Matters.

O really? Then why did Canada spend $110 million on a " Own the Podium" program to try to win the all round medal count? O and by the way Canada publicly gave up on "Own the Podium" when it was clear they wouldn't top the Americans. Dont kid yourself all the medals are important not just the golds.

Edited by Original-Six, 28 February 2010 - 07:30 PM.

#48 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:30 PM

QUOTE (Doc Holliday @ February 28, 2010 - 07:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good for Canada.

Haters need to go away and stop bitching about it.

I think this needs to be repeated.

Posted Image

#49 MacK_Attack

MacK_Attack

Old School

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,676 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (dat's sick @ February 28, 2010 - 07:46PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
And I'm not sure exactly where canada got most of their golds, but I feel like all the different snowboard events have been very dominated by canada and the US.
there are constantly these new sports being added to the olympics, making it easier and easier to get a high medal count, especially for the big countries like US and Canada.

1. Men's Moguls
2. Women's Snowboard Cross
3. Men's Skeleton
4. Women's Ski Cross
5. Women's bobsled
6. Men's Short-Track Relay
7. Ice Dance
8. Men's Curling
9. Women's Hockey
10. Men's 500m. Short-Track
11. Men's Long-Track Team Pursuit
12. Men's Hockey
13. Men's Snowboard Parallel Slalom
14. Women's Long-Track 1000m.

#50 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:31 PM

QUOTE (akustyk @ February 28, 2010 - 08:04PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
sure... and good, hard-working Canadians achieved everything with their work, huh?

welcome to the dreamland... wink.gif

it's 55 to 14 in this case. do you really insist on challenging this fact? with "they cheated"...

Winter Olympic record buddy. Nobody cares about the summer Olympics at this point.

Edited by zettie85, 28 February 2010 - 07:32 PM.

Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#51 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:32 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Winter Olympic record buddy. Nobody cares about the summer Olympics at this point.

At this point no, but overall, the Summer Olympics are much more popular than the Winter Olympics.

#52 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,713 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:35 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 28, 2010 - 06:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Do Canadians even participate in the Summer Olympics?

Didn't seem like it in Beijing.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#53 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:36 PM

QUOTE (Original-Six @ February 28, 2010 - 08:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
O really? Then why did Canada spend $110 million on a " Own the Podium" program to try to win the all round medal count? O and by the way Canada publicly gave up on "Own the Podium" when it was clear they wouldn't top the Americans. Dont kid yourself all the medals are important not just the golds.

Yes all medals count. Yes you beat us. Why do you have to come in to this thread and rain on our parade. We set a Winter Olympic record with 14 golds and we are proud. Some American's come in to these threads just looking for someone to jaw with. Piss off.
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#54 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:37 PM

QUOTE (Howard He Do It?! @ February 28, 2010 - 07:29PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm arguing that silver and bronze do matter. If gold is the only medal that matters, then why do they hand out silver and bronze? Enjoy your achievement, but don't s*** on the achievement of the US for winning the most medals. It is an achievement and not something to be looked down upon, which is exactly what you are doing. If you want recognition, it might do you wise to recognize a similarly great achievement.

Yeah I know they matter. I said that so I wouldnt get a bunch of Americans in here talking about their medal count like in all the other threads. I'm not looking down on it I'm saying gold is more important.

After all the bashing Canada took on these forums that win is so refreshing. We weren't evens upposed to make it past Russia according to everyone on here that wasnt Canadian and now everyone is rattled because the Canadians have something to say after they just won the gold.

Doesn't make sense to me.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#55 L3T5G0W1NG5

L3T5G0W1NG5

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

#56 zettie85

zettie85

Selke Candidate

• HoF Booster
  • 1,777 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:38 PM

QUOTE (Howard He Do It?! @ February 28, 2010 - 08:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
At this point no, but overall, the Summer Olympics are much more popular than the Winter Olympics.

I agree. We aren't the best in total medals. Don't even come close in the summer. So when we accomplish something why do guys have to come in here and belittle that achievement?
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

#57 newfy

newfy

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,114 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:39 PM

QUOTE (GMRwings1983 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:35PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Do Canadians even participate in the Summer Olympics?

Didn't seem like it in Beijing.

Well GMR youre pretty much my favourite poster on here, but once you set the record for summer golds then come talk haha.

We have the record for most golds in one of the Olympics. USA doesnt have either.

RIP BOB PROBERT #24

#58 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:40 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:36PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Yes all medals count. Yes you beat us. Why do you have to come in to this thread and rain on our parade. We set a Winter Olympic record with 14 golds and we are proud. Some American's come in to these threads just looking for someone to jaw with. Piss off.

Take a look at the original post again.
QUOTE (newfy @ February 28, 2010 - 06:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
With Canada sealing the deal on the hockey game they set a record for most golds at a single Olympics.

What a fitting way to set the record, proving hockey belongs to Canada with Gold in both men's and women's.

A great day to be Canadian.

And before anyone brings up the USA medal count, yeah we get it you guys were the 1st loser and the second loser more then us but we have the most gold which is what really matters!

It wasn't an American who started all the jawing.

Americans are just as proud of winning the overall medal count but that is being discredited by your fellow Canadians.

#59 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,337 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (newfy @ February 28, 2010 - 07:39PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Well GMR youre pretty much my favourite poster on here, but once you set the record for summer golds then come talk haha.

We have the record for most golds in one of the Olympics. USA doesnt have either.

Well considering one American earned more than half the Canadian's medals in the 2008 olympics...

Posted Image

#60 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 28 February 2010 - 07:41 PM

QUOTE (zettie85 @ February 28, 2010 - 07:38PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I agree. We aren't the best in total medals. Don't even come close in the summer. So when we accomplish something why do guys have to come in here and belittle that achievement?

It was a Canadian that belittled the achievement of the United States in winning the overall medal count. Don't even act like this is a one sided affair.