• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zettie85

Gold Medal Game Offciating

Rate this topic

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5
I didn't say the US was never allowed to get away with anything; I said it largely favored Canada in the calls that weren't made. If all of those cross-checks that weren't called are called, who knows what happens? If Brown's offsides is called, does the US still tie it up? The game is over, so we'll never know. But it was not even officiating.

Personally I saw lots of "missed" calls on both sides. No "major" penalties stood out that weren't called. I think you should start watching women's hockey by the sounds of it (or are you gonna ***** about that because Canada won gold)

A few mistakes throughout the game but it was a nail bitter of a game and overall I thought it was a good one. Personally id rather have flow than whistle after whistle of penalties but to each their own I guess.

Not like anything said here will change the end result as well.

Anyways back to the business at hand.... Detroit and the playoffs.

A few mistakes throughout the game but it was a nail bitter of a game and overall I thought it was a good one. Personally id rather have flow than whistle after whistle of penalties but to each their own I guess.

Not like anything said here will change the end result as well.

Anyways back to the business at hand.... Detroit and the playoffs.

Ya. Back to 10 chincy calls a game.

I'm getting very excited for tomorrow though.

I especially loved it when they let Corey Fairy get away with a hit to the back of the head. NOT ejecting him was a great decision. And not calling penalties when Canadian players dragged Jamie Langenbrunner down from behind was a great way to just let the teams play.

Also, having different amounts of time the goalies had to have the puck before they got a whistle really evened things up, given Miller's far superior tournament.

But yeah, I think having 3/4 of your officiating crew on the ice be from one of the two countries playing led to a wonderfully fair game.

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP THE BETTER TEAM WON !!!!YOUR MAKING YOURSELF SOUND LIKE A FOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENJOY YOUR WINE THE CHAMPAGNE TASTS GREAT :thumbup:

Personally I saw lots of "missed" calls on both sides. No "major" penalties stood out that weren't called. I think you should start watching women's hockey by the sounds of it (or are you gonna ***** about that because Canada won gold)

no major penalties? What about when Perry started throwing punches at the end of the first? Hits to the head are pretty much a no-no, especially when the guy getting hit is facing the other way and doesn't see it coming.

Missed calls are a part of hockey and will be until we have robot refs some time in the future, but blatent things like that from hockey players that have reputations for douchey moves like that should NOT be allowed in an Olympic gold medal game.

Call it sour grapes all you want, but to say that Canada didn't get the better end of the officiating is ignoring a lot.

And let's remember that Dan Boyle didn't get a suspension for his very illegal slew footing that could have seriously injured Alex Semin a few games ago.

I'm not going to say the US would have won if the refs had been from a neutral country or if these refs had just made better calls, but the missed calls did not even out, and that had an effect on the game at some level.

Even if the refs were bad which they weren't, if the states were that great of a team tehy cuoldve overcame a little adversity.

This officiating is nothing compared to teh ladys gold in salt lake reffed by an American where Canada still won. Anyone complainging about these refs go take a look at that game. Canada killed over a period in penalties.

no major penalties? What about when Perry started throwing punches at the end of the first? Hits to the head are pretty much a no-no, especially when the guy getting hit is facing the other way and doesn't see it coming.

Missed calls are a part of hockey and will be until we have robot refs some time in the future, but blatent things like that from hockey players that have reputations for douchey moves like that should NOT be allowed in an Olympic gold medal game.

Call it sour grapes all you want, but to say that Canada didn't get the better end of the officiating is ignoring a lot.

And let's remember that Dan Boyle didn't get a suspension for his very illegal slew footing that could have seriously injured Alex Semin a few games ago.

I'm not going to say the US would have won if the refs had been from a neutral country or if these refs had just made better calls, but the missed calls did not even out, and that had an effect on the game at some level.

Oh you mean the play where he got laid out 5 seconds after the buzzer? Yeah that should've been a call on the States but I'm not complaining we still won.

Even if the refs were bad which they weren't, if the states were that great of a team tehy cuoldve overcame a little adversity.

This officiating is nothing compared to teh ladys gold in salt lake reffed by an American where Canada still won. Anyone complainging about these refs go take a look at that game. Canada killed over a period in penalties.

Straw man.

Just because that game was even worse doesn't make it ok to not eject a player for punching another player in the back of the head.

Although, thank you for providing another example of biased refs illustrating why neutral country refs should be used in the olympics.

Straw man.

Just because that game was even worse doesn't make it ok to not eject a player for punching another player in the back of the head.

Although, thank you for providing another example of biased refs illustrating why neutral country refs should be used in the olympics.

Perry just got laid out 5 seconds after the buzzer. The refs call no penalties on the original hit or the little retliation that did no damage. No need to complain.

Guest blueadams

why wasnt it too many men on the ice when that guy going through the door got hit by the puck?

SUCK IT UP BUTTERCUP THE BETTER TEAM WON !!!!YOUR MAKING YOURSELF SOUND LIKE A FOOL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ENJOY YOUR WINE THE CHAMPAGNE TASTS GREAT :thumbup:

Nice post, champ.

I had no problem with the officiating. Luongo did get some quick whistles on occasion, but it never affected the outcome. I would have been pissed had their been a Hossa-like incident from last year's playoffs.

It was OK, however, Pronger should have gotten a penalty on that check from behind.

good, i wasn't the only one that remembers that. PK for Canada, and clearly a hit from behind, coulda really changed up the game there.

Also... surprises me that Dan O halloran and Bill McCreary are getting praise for a well-reffed game this time around... didn't we hate on them for the past two Cup Finals?

Edited by SDavis35

I loved the game but I will forever hate Canada for playing the pathetic trap once they had the lead. Make the game exciting if you're the favorites. I mean if it's a team like the Swiss or Norway (that isn't as talented) were to play a trap it's understandable, but not if you are supposedly the best team in the tourny.

Edited by ben_usmc

It was a little loose for my taste, but it was nice to not see weak calls every time a player played it off the boards entering the zone. Well played game, very little stoppage in play, and the refs let it be like that. I'd rather it be looser than tighter on calls.

That being said I think there needs to be a balance where your officiating crew hails from. Canadian refs, on Canadian soil with a dominant Canadian team in the game, seems like it could be ripe for controversy should any questionable whistles be blown. I would figure the IOC would have better sense than that, but then again these are the guys that chose Rio for 2016...

I loved the game but I will forever hate Canada for playing the pathetic trap once they had the lead. Make the game exciting if you're the favorites. I mean if it's a team like the Swiss or Norway (that isn't as talented) were to play a trap it's understandable, but not if you are supposedly the best team in the tourny.

Jaques Lemaire.... Assistant coach team Canada

sorry man, I was pissed to when Canada sat back... almost cost them

It was OK, however, Pronger should have gotten a penalty on that check from behind.

The guy truned as Pronger was going to hit him. Even if it was from behind it was not in to the boards and they never call those in the NHL anyways.

I agree. I would have liked to see that.

face it.... this was the olympic equivalent to game 7..... they ain't calling s***

That's exactly my point. They ***** about one when the didn't call 3 against them. I liked it that way.