• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kook_10

Team USA Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

[all due respect and congratulations to Canada, but this is not about them]

I gotta give it up to the boys. They were far from favorites going in and they weren't the best on paper, but the effort and hustle they laid on the line all tournament long was unmatched. Well coached and well played, they embodied the American work ethic and resiliency to a T and firmly established Team USA as a truly top tier competitive force going forward. We should all be proud!

348-618Vancouver_Olympics_Ice_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

Once the Molson hangovers subside, Canada has some worrying to do. We beat them at the WJT and now we took them to o.t. in the gold medal game. Not looking great for the future in terms of Canadian dominance of the (their) sport.

They played great the entire Olympics. Miller was amazing and Drury and Callahan were beasts on the PK. I'm just really pissed that their only lose came when it really mattered. Considering they were underdogs, I guess Silver's not so bad.

Couldn't be prouder of these guys. Youngest team in the tourney. No current NHL linemates. A team that many in the media didn't expect to medal. And it took Canada an OT to beat us. ******* so proud. Can't wait to see our boys take gold in 2014! :clap:

Edited by TheDetroitRedWings

Guest Howard He Do It?!

A team that was expected to finish out of the medals ends up winning the silver medal after taking Canada to OT after scoring the game tying goal in the final 20 seconds of the game. To top it all off, the game was played in Canada. That is a major accomplishment and nothing to be ashamed of.

Edited by Howard He Do It?!

How could you not like this team? They played with passion, energy and brilliant goaltending. The youth movement worked for them and it was great to see. I hope this does spark hockey in the US, but I doubt it.

what a run, amazing job by team USA.... they not only showed up against Canada, but almost came out with the win. Great job! Unlike, Russia, the American team actually came to play...

Im going to reserect this thread in 4 years when the USA wins the gold with a big fat "told you so".

somehow though, after embarrassment by Russia I think gold in Sochi will go to the Russians especially on home soil. Heads are rolling as we speak, Russia's overally olympic performance in all sports was mediocare...

Big props to Team USA. I was one of those people who discounted them. I did not have them finishing in medal contention, and really thought they would not make it past the quarters.

While shows why I am not a professional involved in the world of hockey. They played an awesome team game, had great goaltending, and found a way to play some great hockey. Good work!

Guest Howard He Do It?!

NBC showed Ryan Miller walking in the closing ceremonies. He is wearing his silver medal with pride and he looks to be having a good time.

Im going to reserect this thread in 4 years when the USA wins the gold with a big fat "told you so".

hey , you guys won the WJC, AMAZING!!!!! you guys have nothing to be ashamed of.... you have an amazing group of young guys coming up to rep the USA.... but as always Canada will have something to say about it

They played an excellent tournament and if they get to play in 2014 with that extra experience they will be scary good. Stand outs for sure were Miller and Parise for sure. Wa there another D-man that got hurt and had to be replaced besides Komisarek?

Guest Shoreline

The US team was very impressive and very dominant. What they need to do now is string together some number of olympics where they are legitimate contenders past prelims. This was a very uplifting olympics I'm sure for the squad. Mostly young guys and they did fantastic.

They played an excellent tournament and if they get to play in 2014 with that extra experience they will be scary good. Stand outs for sure were Miller and Parise for sure. Wa there another D-man that got hurt and had to be replaced besides Komisarek?

Yeah, Ryan Whitney was replaced by Tim Gleason. Thanks for giving team USA credit. You're definitely one of the good Canadians. :thumbup:

So proud of Team USA. Going into this tournament, I don't think too many people expected them to go to the medal rounds but they went in undefeated and took the heavily favored Team Canada to overtime. There was an outstanding amount of pressure and they proved they have what it takes to win. I can't wait see the team in four years.

NBC showed Ryan Miller walking in the closing ceremonies. He is wearing his silver medal with pride and he looks to be having a good time.

I was happy to see that. Looks like he is past the "I didnt win gold" stage.