• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
kook_10

Team USA Appreciation Thread

Rate this topic

gonna go ahead and say it. Besides Miller, Rafalski kept this team going. Lead in points as a D-man. pretty friggin good. Now come back home and do what you've been doing there for the Wings.

Ryan Miller and Ryan Kesler have become my favorite non Red Wing players because of these Olympics.

2nd.

Kesler was out and out tremendous. He hustled his ass off every shift. I was heartbroken when the OT winner was scored for Canada but I can't help but be proud of this team for what they did. Young, inexperienced, and counted out... and pushed like hell to make Canada really WORK for that gold medal.

What stinks is I now have to go back to arbitrarily hating some of these guys like Jack Johnson and David Backes... but that's alright with me for now :P

Congrats to canada, but that was a great showing by an unproven USA team. While they didn't have the credientials of the canadien team, a lot of these young guys are projected to be NHL stars. Can't wait till next olympics. It was cool seeing them coming out not imtimitaded by Canada like Russia was and finishing checks and blocking shots. Now we just need rafi to play like that for the Wings.

Yeah, Ryan Whitney was replaced by Tim Gleason. Thanks for giving team USA credit. You're definitely one of the good Canadians. :thumbup:

Paul Martin was the other D man that missed the Olympics

Team USA is to be congratulated on their amazing showing at the Olympics. In a word, it's about speed. Wow... The Americans seemed to gain the Canadian zone a lot easier than the reverse in the gold medal game. I'm really not surprised as I put the US team in the gold medal game before the start of the games.

[all due respect and congratulations to Canada, but this is not about them]

I gotta give it up to the boys. They were far from favorites going in and they weren't the best on paper, but the effort and hustle they laid on the line all tournament long was unmatched. Well coached and well played, they embodied the American work ethic and resiliency to a T and firmly established Team USA as a truly top tier competitive force going forward. We should all be proud!

348-618Vancouver_Olympics_Ice_Hockey.sff.embedded.prod_affiliate.156.jpg

absolutely, props to USA hockey! from a canadian hockey fan... i'm not sure why IIHF booked their flights prior to the gold medal game. i was one of the few non-americans i guess that figured you guys had a pretty good team. just wait until the next olympics when some of your guys from the world junior team step up to the big stage...namely jordan schroeder. he was i think the only player in that tournament better than taylor hall. the future's looking bright...and so is the rivalry. it's gonna be good!