• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest mindfly

DANY HEATLEY complaining again after GOLD MEDAL WIN over USA

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
Let me ask you something

have you ever driven above the speed limit?

you are as much a murderer as he is

it was an accident

you stupid f***

Have you ever gone 80 while trying to turn after consuming alchohol?

Oh you haven't?

Well I guess you aren't a murderer, just a ****** instead.

You idiots, Heatley is not a murderer - he was charged with vehicular manslaughter, meaning it was an accident. You guys sound like retarded Leaf fans who hate him cause he played for the Sens. Craig MacTavish killed a young woman while he was driving drunk and you guys never chirp him.

Heatley may be an idiot, but don't call him a murderer - it makes you sound like a fool.

Those videos are pretty funny! :lol:

As for the Heatley incident, I would argue that Heatley committed depraved-heart murder, a legal term to describe extreme recklessness and disregard for human life that results in the death of another human. Heatley may not have had any intention of crashing, but it really doesn't matter; he ended someone else's life as a result of his recklessness.

Those videos are pretty funny! :lol:

As for the Heatley incident, I would argue that Heatley committed depraved-heart murder, a legal term to describe extreme recklessness and disregard for human life that results in the death of another human. Heatley may not have had any intention of crashing, but it really doesn't matter; he ended someone else's life as a result of his recklessness.

Actually, I think the term is depraved indifference, but I agree. Heatley plead out to a lesser charge of 2nd degree vehicular homicide and a number of other misdemeanor charges, though he was originally charged with 1st degree vehicular homicide, a felony, which if convicted would have put him in danger of being deported and seriously jeopardized his playing career. Not that I am defending Heatley by any stretch of the imagination, but the actions that led to Snyder's death were reckless and Heatley will forever have to live with that on his conscience regardless of what the legal system decided his fate would be.

Is Heatley a murderer? No, murder implies intent, and no matter how reckless he was being, I don't think he meant to kill him. Is Heatley a killer? Yes, he is responsible for the death of another human being as a direct result of his actions. Some may see that as semantics, but it is a distinction nonetheless.

Now that I have that out of my system, whoever made these videos obviously has a sense of humor, and on the Heatley video it looks like he did a good job of syncing the voice-over with the footage, but some of his other efforts (i.e Burke, Miller) were not very convincing. This guy will obviously not be winning any awards for editing or cinematography, but those videos were good for a chuckle, as is most of the conversation in this thread.

You idiots, Heatley is not a murderer - he was charged with vehicular manslaughter, meaning it was an accident. You guys sound like retarded Leaf fans who hate him cause he played for the Sens. Craig MacTavish killed a young woman while he was driving drunk and you guys never chirp him.

Heatley may be an idiot, but don't call him a murderer - it makes you sound like a fool.

I wasn't aware of that. Now that I do know, I hope he rots. Instead of saying something like that, why not ask if people are aware of the incident, since it obviously isn't common knowledge or else someone would have mentioned it in either this thread or the myriad of threads we've had about drunk driving.

BTW, I don't call intentionally driving 90 mph in a residential zone, when you don't even have the excuse of intoxication to fall back on, an accident. He knew he was driving too fast and he didn't care enough to slow down. Sounds rather.......retarded, to use your terminology. If I was the DA, I would have charged him with 2nd degree murder because you and I both know that if you or I had been driving that car at that speed in that area, and someone died as a result....that's exactly what would have happened to us. He got treated differently because he was a well-known sports figure in Atlanta at the time. Let's not pretend that had nothing to do with it.

no hope for these idiots

let them talk their s*** it makes them feel better about themselves

BTW, I don't call intentionally driving 90 mph in a residential zone, when you don't even have the excuse of intoxication to fall back on, an accident. He knew he was driving too fast and he didn't care enough to slow down. Sounds rather.......retarded, to use your terminology. If I was the DA, I would have charged him with 2nd degree murder because you and I both know that if you or I had been driving that car at that speed in that area, and someone died as a result....that's exactly what would have happened to us. He got treated differently because he was a well-known sports figure in Atlanta at the time. Let's not pretend that had nothing to do with it.

Don't waste your time. We'll just have to agree to disagree with them and leave it at that before this thread gets derailed more than it already has.

Dany Heatley was driving something like 90+ mph in a residential zone. Residential zones are usually not more than 20 or 25 mph, at least around here. He was not intoxicated. That meant he was <b>intentionally</b> driving close to 70 mph faster than he should have.....and why exactly? For kicks? There's a difference between driving 70 in a 60 and 90+ in a 25. It's the same difference between getting hit in the face with a pillow and getting hit in the face with a brick. I know the area where the accident happened in, I was living in Atlanta at the time. It was a two-lane, residential street. A RESIDENTIAL STREET. He could have easily lost control of that car and spun out into someone's house, killing more than just his passenger. That's reckless endangerment and criminally negligent homicide. It was an accident, but an accident caused by his absolute blinding stupidity.

Why do people defend this s***? "Oh yeah, like you've never driven over the speed limit before." Yeah, if the speed limit says 35, I'll do 40 if there's no one on the road. If it's a school zone or something, I always do the speed limit. If the speed limit on the highway is 65, I'll do 70 or 75, because I go with the flow of traffic, especially on I-40. If you don't you'll get run over. However, that is nowhere near the same thing as driving through a subdivision or neighborhood, damn near clocking triple digits on the speedometer. Not even remotely close.

He killed someone. He killed someone because he was a ******* moron. This wasn't self-defense, this wasn't justifiable homicide, this was Dany Heatley driving like a lunatic on a two-lane, dark, residential street and taking someone's life.

He deserves no defense.

I agree 100% well said.

Not sure why Skacore is flaming, but he is ignorant and doesn't actually understand the situation as it really is/was. Electrophile nailed it right on the head, Skacore just calls people names and flames. Just ignore him, it's that simple.

Vehicular manslaughter is also known as vehicular homicide. Heatley was charged with first-degree vehicular homicide and pleaded guilty to second-degree vehicular homicide in order to avoid trial. He was sentenced to three years probation.

FACT: Saying Heatley is a murderer is legally accurate, as he has a homicide conviction on his record.