127 replies to this topic

#1 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:41 PM

Vote away, for argumentative purposes I am assuimg

1) Vancouver's supposed return of him at RFA status would've rendered us a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder the VERY LEAST, and more could most probably be had in the Trade Market. I am going with the RFA poaching price for my arguement, though I honestly belive it would have been higher.

2) While Hossa claimed he would have signed here for slightly over 4 Longterm, for arguement's sake lets use the deal he would've cut with the Hawks, as to not deal with more speculation than needed.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 03 March 2010 - 10:51 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#2 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:44 PM

I always though they let the hoss get away too easily. I think some moves could have been made to keep him. Flip is a waste of money for this team.

#3 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:46 PM

When this team starts playing well, I have confidence that Filppula will grow into his contract and be a very valuable 60 point centerman. Hossa's contract is complete and utter garbage. The Hawks are going to enjoy it for a couple of years, but it's going to cripple them down the road. It was a very shortsighted play by the Hawks to overload their cup drive. I'm sure we all agree that he won't play until he's 42, but even if he retires at 40, they're still paying him a very large sum for his late 30's. We've already got enough chips tied up in long-term contracts for forwards and it was a very smart move by Holland to cut ties with Hossa rather than getting entwined in a contract that would cripple the team down the road.

Filppula.

#4 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

QUOTE (Yzermania @ March 3, 2010 - 10:44PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I always though they let the hoss get away too easily. I think some moves could have been made to keep him. Flip is a waste of money for this team.

Make sure to bold parts like these in the future, lest you be accused of saying he "sucked", which I am sure you don't mean to. I am in the exact same position, Filp is a great player, but is the essence of what this team does not need, especailly if the other option is Hossa.
Victory Honda Forever.

#5 AtomicPunk

AtomicPunk

Nobody rules these streets at night like me...

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,103 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'm not a big fan of Val. I just don't see him having a complete game. Would have rather had Huds or Sammy, wouldn't even need to go Hossa...that just made it too easy.

Edited by AtomicPunk, 03 March 2010 - 10:51 PM.

I am a victim of the science age...the underground.

Feed the Swede! - RETIRED 2012

#6 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,409 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

Hossa ... and it's not even close for me.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."

#7 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:52 PM

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, what would you be saying if Hudler has signed here? Would you be asking the same thing if it was between Hudler and filppula?

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#8 DatsyukianDeke13

DatsyukianDeke13

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,229 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

Irrelevant.
Mixed feelings about this
JERSEY SALE!!!!! PM IF INTERESTED!(I have international and red wings jerseys)
Posted Image

#9 miller76

miller76

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 2,719 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:58 PM

I like Filppula. He has good hands and he is young. Hossa is in another class when he produces. Be it's just that. I would rather have a player I know what to expect out of, like Flip or a Hudler. My expectations of Hossa were high, the day he signed in Detroit. And I was disappointed by his effectiveness all season and especially in the playoffs. I admit his goals are missed, especially this year, but in my opinion he is overpaid for his contributions.
lighten up people, it's the internet!

#10 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,734 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 10:59 PM

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 07:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, what would you be saying if Hudler has signed here? Would you be asking the same thing if it was between Hudler and filppula?

Are you actually comparing Hossa to Hudler?

It doesn't matter whether Hudler was still here or not. If Hudler signed here then the salary we would have shed from trading away Filppula would have given us ample room to sign Hossa.

Try again!

Edited by ShanahanMan, 03 March 2010 - 11:00 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#11 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:01 PM

Hossa has the same amount of goals as our two leading scorers and he missed the first good part of the season. haha.

#12 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 10:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, was Hudler the one making the 3 mil that cost us from resigning Hossa? I don't think he was. This is an irrelevant question clearly meant to bait the discussion towards a hypothetical what if instead of what actually happened and the truthful scenario.

Getting to your point, off****** course I would be willing to move Hudler to retain Hossa, regardless of any return which he would have gotten, to me the picks would have just been icing on the cake.

Quit trying to make arguements that aren't there, everybody who pays attetion to my posts realises that I like Hudler more, but I am not going to let my blind fandom for him pass up an oppertunity to get a far supeior player + draft picks.

Victory Honda Forever.

#13 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

QUOTE (Z and D for the C @ March 3, 2010 - 10:52PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I'm sorry, was Hudler the one making the 3 mil that cost us from resigning Hossa? I don't think he was. This is an irrelevant question clearly meant to bait the discussion towards a hypothetical what if instead of what actually happened and the truthful scenario.

Getting to your point, off****** course I would be willing to move Hudler to retain Hossa, regardless of any return which he would have gotten, to me the picks would have just been icing on the cake.

Quit trying to make arguements that aren't there, everybody who pays attetion to my posts realises that I like Hudler more, but I am not going to let my blind fandom for him pass up an oppertunity to get a far supeior player + draft picks.

There I said it, I personally liked Hudler more than Filppula. This whole hindsight thing was clearly a way to just discredit Hudler because I am still sour that he was not resigned rolleyes.gif

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 03 March 2010 - 11:03 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

#14 Yellowknife Redwing

Yellowknife Redwing

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 427 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:07 PM

I'm astonished by how many of you would sign the dotted line on Hossa's contract with the Blackhawks.

#15 Travis

Travis

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,460 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:10 PM

I have an absolute man-crush on #81, so I vote Hossa.

cc_champs-5_zps34057ff0.png

#16 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

QUOTE (DatsyukianDeke13 @ March 3, 2010 - 10:58PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Irrelevant.

Agreed.

Edit: But I still voted, and for Filp.

Edited by Barrie, 03 March 2010 - 11:13 PM.

Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#17 wingscapsfan

wingscapsfan

Top Prospect

• Pip
  • 66 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:13 PM

I'm really hating Flip's game this year. Sure he's good defensively, but 6 goals is terrible for the kind of contract he has. I would consider trading him in the off-season depending on what's coming back the other way..

QUOTE (Travis @ March 3, 2010 - 11:10PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I have an absolute man-crush on #81, so I vote Hossa.

#18 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:16 PM

Just out of curiosity, for those saying this thread is irrelevent, what exactly do you expect from a Wing's Forum? Isn't discussing hypotheticals and reaction and views the whole point of coming on here?

I guess next time the Wing's make a roster change, I shouldn't start discussion on it because in the end it has allready been decided by the Wing's brass...

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, 03 March 2010 - 11:18 PM.

Victory Honda Forever.

#19 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (Yellowknife Redwing @ March 3, 2010 - 11:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I'm astonished by how many of you would sign the dotted line on Hossa's contract with the Blackhawks.

You do realise that the Wing's would get his salary off the books should he retire right? Considering Filppula's next deal will most probably be higher than what he is getting paid for now, can you honestly say you wouldn't want Hossa than Filp long term for a bit more than a Mil a year?

Victory Honda Forever.

#20 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,943 posts

Posted 03 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

QUOTE (EZBAKETHAGANGSTA @ March 3, 2010 - 11:16PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Just out of curiosity, for those saying this thread is irrelevent, what exactly do you expect from a Wing's Forum? Isn't discussing hypotheticals and reaction and views the whole point of coming on here?

It's just one of those hindsight 20/20 things.

I'm glad the Wings let Hossa go, that's a horrible contract for Chicago. Plus we already have Z, Dats, and The Mule locked up long term, why add Hossa long term too with a Salary Cap?
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons