• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Official Poll: Filppula at 3 Mil. or Hossa at 5.4 + return for Filppul

Rate this topic

Filppula vs Hossa  

108 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Vote away, for argumentative purposes I am assuimg

1) Vancouver's supposed return of him at RFA status would've rendered us a 2nd rounder and a 3rd rounder the VERY LEAST, and more could most probably be had in the Trade Market. I am going with the RFA poaching price for my arguement, though I honestly belive it would have been higher.

2) While Hossa claimed he would have signed here for slightly over 4 Longterm, for arguement's sake lets use the deal he would've cut with the Hawks, as to not deal with more speculation than needed.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

When this team starts playing well, I have confidence that Filppula will grow into his contract and be a very valuable 60 point centerman. Hossa's contract is complete and utter garbage. The Hawks are going to enjoy it for a couple of years, but it's going to cripple them down the road. It was a very shortsighted play by the Hawks to overload their cup drive. I'm sure we all agree that he won't play until he's 42, but even if he retires at 40, they're still paying him a very large sum for his late 30's. We've already got enough chips tied up in long-term contracts for forwards and it was a very smart move by Holland to cut ties with Hossa rather than getting entwined in a contract that would cripple the team down the road.

Filppula.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I always though they let the hoss get away too easily. I think some moves could have been made to keep him. Flip is a waste of money for this team.

Make sure to bold parts like these in the future, lest you be accused of saying he "sucked", which I am sure you don't mean to. I am in the exact same position, Filp is a great player, but is the essence of what this team does not need, especailly if the other option is Hossa.

I'm not a big fan of Val. I just don't see him having a complete game. Would have rather had Huds or Sammy, wouldn't even need to go Hossa...that just made it too easy.

Edited by AtomicPunk

I like Filppula. He has good hands and he is young. Hossa is in another class when he produces. Be it's just that. I would rather have a player I know what to expect out of, like Flip or a Hudler. My expectations of Hossa were high, the day he signed in Detroit. And I was disappointed by his effectiveness all season and especially in the playoffs. I admit his goals are missed, especially this year, but in my opinion he is overpaid for his contributions.

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, what would you be saying if Hudler has signed here? Would you be asking the same thing if it was between Hudler and filppula?

Are you actually comparing Hossa to Hudler?

It doesn't matter whether Hudler was still here or not. If Hudler signed here then the salary we would have shed from trading away Filppula would have given us ample room to sign Hossa.

Try again!

Edited by ShanahanMan

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
EZBAKETHAGANGSTA, what would you be saying if Hudler has signed here? Would you be asking the same thing if it was between Hudler and filppula?

I'm sorry, was Hudler the one making the 3 mil that cost us from resigning Hossa? I don't think he was. This is an irrelevant question clearly meant to bait the discussion towards a hypothetical what if instead of what actually happened and the truthful scenario.

Getting to your point, of ******* course I would be willing to move Hudler to retain Hossa, regardless of any return which he would have gotten, to me the picks would have just been icing on the cake.

Quit trying to make arguements that aren't there, everybody who pays attetion to my posts realises that I like Hudler more, but I am not going to let my blind fandom for him pass up an oppertunity to get a far supeior player + draft picks.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'm sorry, was Hudler the one making the 3 mil that cost us from resigning Hossa? I don't think he was. This is an irrelevant question clearly meant to bait the discussion towards a hypothetical what if instead of what actually happened and the truthful scenario.

Getting to your point, of ******* course I would be willing to move Hudler to retain Hossa, regardless of any return which he would have gotten, to me the picks would have just been icing on the cake.

Quit trying to make arguements that aren't there, everybody who pays attetion to my posts realises that I like Hudler more, but I am not going to let my blind fandom for him pass up an oppertunity to get a far supeior player + draft picks.

There I said it, I personally liked Hudler more than Filppula. This whole hindsight thing was clearly a way to just discredit Hudler because I am still sour that he was not resigned :rolleyes:

I'm really hating Flip's game this year. Sure he's good defensively, but 6 goals is terrible for the kind of contract he has. I would consider trading him in the off-season depending on what's coming back the other way..

I have an absolute man-crush on #81, so I vote Hossa.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Just out of curiosity, for those saying this thread is irrelevent, what exactly do you expect from a Wing's Forum? Isn't discussing hypotheticals and reaction and views the whole point of coming on here?

I guess next time the Wing's make a roster change, I shouldn't start discussion on it because in the end it has allready been decided by the Wing's brass...

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
I'm astonished by how many of you would sign the dotted line on Hossa's contract with the Blackhawks.

You do realise that the Wing's would get his salary off the books should he retire right? Considering Filppula's next deal will most probably be higher than what he is getting paid for now, can you honestly say you wouldn't want Hossa than Filp long term for a bit more than a Mil a year?

Just out of curiosity, for those saying this thread is irrelevent, what exactly do you expect from a Wing's Forum? Isn't discussing hypotheticals and reaction and views the whole point of coming on here?

It's just one of those hindsight 20/20 things.

I'm glad the Wings let Hossa go, that's a horrible contract for Chicago. Plus we already have Z, Dats, and The Mule locked up long term, why add Hossa long term too with a Salary Cap?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
It's just one of those hindsight 20/20 things.

I'm glad the Wings let Hossa go, that's a horrible contract for Chicago. Plus we already have Z, Dats, and The Mule locked up long term, why add Hossa long term too with a Salary Cap?

The way I see it if you resign Filppula to another contract you are essentially stuck with another long term contract only for an inferior player. I Doubt Hossa would keep playing at 38, and besides the way inflation works even a 38 year old Hossa would not be a DRASTIC overpayment.

The way I see it if you resign Filppula to another contract you are essentially stuck with another long term contract only for an inferior player. I Doubt Hossa would keep playing at 38, and besides the way inflation works even a 38 year old Hossa would not be a DRASTIC overpayment.

The way Filp is playing, the Wings will probably let him sign elsewhere, and you get the $3 Million off the books faster.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA
The way Filp is playing, the Wings will probably let him sign elsewhere, and you get the $3 Million off the books faster.

Do you think you can find a better bargain than Hossa at 5.4, with 3 million? Obviously you won't get a comprable player, but for cap hit?

First ever post here (after a loss too?)

I voted Filppula, mainly because it wouldn't make much sense to have Hossa tied up for 10+ years along with Zetterberg and Franzen. Filppula gives us depth down the middle and is our only legitimate second line center when Pav and Z are together. Even though Hossa would give us a badly needed natural goal scorer (albeit perhaps not in the playoffs if we make it), I still think Filppula has some upside as a more consistent offensive threat and is more important to our depth. He's shown glimpses in the past, like his strong play on the puck since coming back from injury and way back in late '07 when he had 9 goals in 10 games on Datsyuk's wing.

Really, it would have been easier to just say that Hossa's contract would handicap the team moving forward and leave us with a big hole down the middle.

HOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Again! Again!

HOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!