• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Wow... this forum feels... awkward

Rate this topic

Wow. Just feelin' my way around here. First off, Matt - you must have had two or three hairy days there. Plus you took your daughter to the Canucks' game and that was a disaster. Thank god she's as young as she is! THEN, some a-hole decides to open a can of whupass on your site. THANK YOU for all the sweat, blood and tears you've put in the last few days. It sure is different but if this is gonna be it, I can live with Whatever.

Can't believe I missed commentary from so many twits on here. :hehe:

Edited by Vladifan

So somebody actually took the time to hack this site? So... they literally studied computers and technology for years of their life, all leading up to the point where they could... hack the LGW forums? To post a picture of a black chicken? I cannot even possibly imagine a much more pitiful and pathetic existence than one where you would feel compelled to take the trouble to hack this site. What a world we live in.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. People forge knives with desirable marks to sell for $500, when their skills are good enough to make the knife themselves to sell for that. I've heard of doctors stealing a patient's watch, putting a lifetime of work at risk for a $5000 Rolex.

People don't make sense, and that's all that makes sense.

feels like our house burned down, and we have to stay in the hotel until its fixed

:thumbup: Nice description. About five times during the game tonight I kept thinking that I wanted to run into the office and check out the board. WhatEVER form it's in right now is fine by moi.

I notice the information underneath each poster's name has changed, with the hobbies and post count being included.

Is that going to stay?

I can't decide whether or not your hobbies were the default value or your own sarcasm.

I can't decide whether or not your hobbies were the default value or your own sarcasm.

I'll never tell you.

One thing has improved, though. This site is much easier to navigate through without the ads, although I'm sure it won't stay that way.

So somebody actually took the time to hack this site? So... they literally studied computers and technology for years of their life, all leading up to the point where they could... hack the LGW forums? To post a picture of a black chicken? I cannot even possibly imagine a much more pitiful and pathetic existence than one where you would feel compelled to take the trouble to hack this site. What a world we live in.

More likely it was someone with a above-average knowledge of computers that went to a site like millw0rm and copied the code from there. It may not have even been directed at LGW directly, but the vulnerability was found during someone port-scanning and vulnerability scanning the network location of this forum.

I catch these script kiddies all the time trying to penetrate my network at work. Sometimes I have a little fun with them and reverse it on them.

I would hate to be the parent of the kids/adults that I messed up when the howls and crying started coming from the basement :D

I don't know why, but in the back of my mind that Black Chicken is ringing a familiar bell.

I googled it and nothing came up.

Does anyone know what it is/means?

Matt- as long as the keys on my keyboard produce the letters on the screen, this site is beautiful.

I don't know why, but in the back of my mind that Black Chicken is ringing a familiar bell.

I googled it and nothing came up.

Does anyone know what it is/means?

Matt- as long as the keys on my keyboard produce the letters on the screen, this site is beautiful.

Pretty sure it was a way of making fun of the Red Wings name. Red Wings = Black Chicken. Clearly whoever hacked the site was a fan from another NHL team. Most likely a rival team.

Yeah, it's almost a compliment really. We have such an amazing franchise and organization and it invoked enough hatred and jealousy for someone to actually take the time to hack the site. Which really wasn't a very good hack job considering it was only down for like a day and a half. Jealous amateurs. lol

Damn, when you don't login and just view the forums theres no avatars or anything haha

I was like wtf. But then when you login you see all the avatars and sigs and it's actually okay lol

I enabled that feature last night. The forums receive a large number of guests, so I wanted to decrease the server load a bit by disabling that for guests.

Pretty sure it was a way of making fun of the Red Wings name. Red Wings = Black Chicken. Clearly whoever hacked the site was a fan from another NHL team. Most likely a rival team.

hmmm... I am thinking a Penguin fan.

Their logo looks like a Black Chicken.

Edited by Hockeytown_Ryan

Stop and think this through. Would anyone with the intelligence to hack a website be a Pens fan?

This reminds me. My dad and I made the trip up to go to the game on Wednesday. We stopped at a rest stop just as we got into Michigan. On our way back to the car, some lady rolls her window and yells "Go Pens" at us. She then talked about how great winning the cup was and she doesn't like the Wings. She mentioned she was from Pittsburgh, as I assumed from her PA plates. I told her, "You didn't have to tell us you were from Pittsburgh, we could see your teeth...". Fantastically mean.