• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Wow... this forum feels... awkward

Rate this topic

Darn right. Suspensions will be doled out like candy to anyone who rates us negatively. :ph34r:

(And before anyone asks, No, of course I'm not serious, :ph34r: = joking)

I don't think its gonna work. I haven't posted since yesterday afternoon, and I somehow went from a +1 to a -22. :lol:

Mindfly must be seeking out old posts just to put a negative on them. :P He and I don't always see eye-to-eye.

Nobody is going to have a high reputation.

We all freaking hate each other here. :lol:

Well, maybe the mods will from a sucking up standpoint.

QFT. When you think about it, there's plenty of people here that will downgrade a post simply because they're debating with you and don't agree with what you're saying. If people use this feature properly, it could be really nice.

I don't think its gonna work. I haven't posted since yesterday afternoon, and I somehow went from a +1 to a -22. :lol:

Mindfly must be seeking out old posts just to put a negative on them. :P He and I don't always see eye-to-eye.

QFT. When you think about it, there's plenty of people here that will downgrade a post simply because they're debating with you and don't agree with what you're saying. If people use this feature properly, it could be really nice.

Ya think? I just checked my profile and it's at nearly -70. Now am I crying about that or sending out a campaign to get + reps? No. I could really care less about reputation or status on here, and I'm not going to rate people's rep on here with the +/- thingy. Doesn't really matter to me, you are who you are and my rating isn't going to change that. I just find it funny, and a bit sad, that I am that low and am garnering so much attention. I'm all for a playful joke or ribbing here and there and that's where the rep thingy can be a bit of fun, but come on, -70 in a matter of a day? You have to be an absolute d**khead to do that, and I know I'm not that kinda person 24-7. The only way it got to that is somebody/some people having too much fun or for whatever reason just not liking me or having a personal vendetta. Do you really care that badly about reputation or putting somebody down? You really think this will make you that much cooler or accepted? Are you really this pitiful?

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

Ya think? I just checked my profile and it's at nearly -70. Now am I crying about that or sending out a campaign to get + reps? No. I could really care less about reputation or status on here, and I'm not going to rate people's rep on here with the +/- thingy. Doesn't really matter to me, you are who you are and my rating isn't going to change that. I just find it funny, and a bit sad, that I am that low and am garnering so much attention. I'm all for a playful joke or ribbing here and there and that's where the rep thingy can be a bit of fun, but come on, -70 in a matter of a day? You have to be an absolute d**khead to do that, and I know I'm not that kinda person 24-7. The only way it got to that is somebody/some people having too much fun or for whatever reason just not liking me or having a personal vendetta. Do you really care that badly about reputation or putting somebody down? You really think this will make you that much cooler or accepted? Are you really this pitiful?

It's something I wouldn't put to much worry into either. I got sort of curious regarding the amount of negative posts in one day considering my rating dropped 23 points without me even posting. I quickly thought about what I've recently posted in and the Trade Deadline Thread I've "run" the past 3 years came to mind. I decided to give it a quick look and sure enough, practically every post of mine is marked as "-1" while no one else's is touched.

So one of two things happened. (A) Someone decided they all of a sudden *yesterday* hated the trade deadline updates from last week or (B) someone (no names mentioned) doesn't get along with me very well and was pathetic enough to mark concrete, informational-only posts regarding player movement as a "-1" post. It's pretty obvious it was the latter.

Bottom line, I'm not worrying about it but I do agree with you. The fact of the matter is hopefully the excitement of this new feature will wear off sooner rather than later and people will use it correctly from here on out so it can be effective.

It's something I wouldn't put to much worry into either. I got sort of curious regarding the amount of negative posts in one day considering my rating dropped 23 points without me even posting. I quickly thought about what I've recently posted in and the Trade Deadline Thread I've "run" the past 3 years came to mind. I decided to give it a quick look and sure enough, practically every post of mine is marked as "-1" while no one else's is touched.

So one of two things happened. (A) Someone decided they all of a sudden *yesterday* hated the trade deadline updates from last week or (B) someone (no names mentioned) doesn't get along with me very well and was pathetic enough to mark concrete, informational-only posts regarding player movement as a "-1" post. It's pretty obvious it was the latter.

Bottom line, I'm not worrying about it but I do agree with you. The fact of the matter is hopefully the excitement of this new feature will wear off sooner rather than later and people will use it correctly from here on out so it can be effective.

I wonder if the mods or administrators can change the settings to lower the amount of rep votes you get in a day? I'm sure the novelty will wear off in bit though, and hopefully someone can reset SWF's rep (it is kinda humorous how low he is).

Edited by egroen

Definitely, and in all likelihood in both of our cases it's option (B) as you outlined, as I post in the Water Cooler just about every day in the random silly/game threads or whatever you want to call them because I like that stuff. as non-controversial/unharmful as you can get in there. And I got - rep/feedback in there in just about every frequented/top thread, every recent post. And I have a pretty good idea of who I think the person is who did it, highly doubt it was mutliple people. That person will remain unnamed, though the person knows who he/she is and hopefully knows how sad and ridiculous it is.

Edited by NeverForgetMac25

Definitely, and in all likelihood in both of our cases it's option (B) as you outlined, as I post in the Water Cooler just about every day in the random silly/game threads or whatever you want to call them because I like that stuff. as non-controversial/unharmful as you can get in there. And I got - rep/feedback in there in just about every frequented/top thread, every recent post. And I have a pretty good idea of who I think the person is who did it, highly doubt it was mutliple people. That person will remain unnamed, though the person knows who he/she is and hopefully knows how sad and ridiculous it is.

Oh that's no fun, keeping the name all to yourself! lol

I don't like the reputation system either. We've clearly seen in this thread how it's being abused by people who are just going around giving negative points to people they don't like, regardless of what the post actually says. How does that promote a friendly and welcoming forum atmosphere?

I'm sure I'll get a slew of negative points for saying that, but anyone who does is merely demonstrating their immaturity. I feel bad for people like Jack (SWF) who always make solid and positive contributions to the board, and are getting caught up in this.

At least they haven't touched your "Ask NFM#25 a Question" thread.

Guest mindfly

Anyone know if Matt is working on this red&white red wing theme and the march wallpaper.. heard a bird twitter that it was suppose to be done the weekend that was but...

Guest mindfly

Have you lended any of your skills in allowing that to happen quicker?

Not my area sorry.

Anyone know if Matt is working on this red&white red wing theme and the march wallpaper.. heard a bird twitter that it was suppose to be done the weekend that was but...

I know. It's sooooo inconvenient for us that he has to have a full time job, and a family that he wants to spend time with, and a laptop that's twice been in for repairs, and having to solve issues where members were unable to sign in, and that he's working on implementing changes on a newer version of a forum that might just be taking him as much time to get used to as us...

I mean, doesn't he know that we're dealing with *gasp* Green and Blue here? And what of our poor outdated wallpapers?! Oh the horror...

Patience, young Padawan. Good things come to those who wait.

Thanks, Jedi. For what it's worth, site Boosters have been using the new skin (in it's work-in-progress state) as an option since last night. It'll be released soon -- the plan is sometime tonight.

As for the Reputation system, I changed the allowances for some member groups. (And yes, I can limit the daily allowances for both positive and negative rep by member group.)

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Thanks, Jedi. For what it's worth, site Boosters have been using the new skin (in it's work-in-progress state) as an option since last night. It'll be released soon -- the plan is sometime tonight.

As for the Reputation system, I changed the allowances for some member groups. (And yes, I can limit the daily allowances for both positive and negative rep by member group.)

Thanks for the update Matt! Knowing your work, the new skin will be great. Can't wait to see it!

Please don't feel you have to rush anything. We ALL can wait until you have the time to work on everything. No one here is going to drop dead if the new skin isn't ready or the new wallpaper isn't done, and frankly it's insulting to be so demanding to someone you don't know, for something you don't pay for. Just my $0.02.

Please don't feel you have to rush anything. We ALL can wait until you have the time to work on everything. No one here is going to drop dead if the new skin isn't ready or the new wallpaper isn't done, and frankly it's insulting to be so demanding to someone you don't know, for something you don't pay for. Just my $0.02.

x2

My point exactly except I held back for fear of coming off as an *******.