• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Wow... this forum feels... awkward

Rate this topic

-114 is completely dumbfounding. But it can't be just one poster. Everyone has a limited amount of rep votes for each day. So it's definitely at least 4-5 posters, if not more. Getting into any heated debates lately or anything?

Sockpuppets. I wouldn't be surprised if all 114 of those votes came from the same IP.

I'm trying to complain or anything. I know Matt is awesome and everything. I just can't help but think that... Man this forum feels really different. It was the same for so long and now it's like wow this is so weird.

-114 is completely dumbfounding. But it can't be just one poster. Everyone has a limited amount of rep votes for each day. So it's definitely at least 4-5 posters, if not more. Getting into any heated debates lately or anything?

It's not the heated debates or anything. I am sure it's just people trying to be funny or something.

Well I think I know why SWF's rating is so low, it's cause he's # of posts is so HIGH!! People hate that!!

But, don't take the # of posts away, I think it's a nice touch, and us long time LGW'ers remember having it back in the day!! :thumbup::thumbup:

Almost there, folks. Some minor bugs to iron out and some formatting and it'll be good to go. Tomorrow night -- PROMISE!

Thx Matt!!

Guess fans from 29 other teams joined together and hacked Gods teams fansite. :smh: The jealousy everyone has towards the Wings is very amusing.

Memo to CHI & SJ - you both better hope Wings finish 3-6th !!!

Go Wings!

Why not have it set-up so only posters with a certain number of posts can up/down vote people? This would reduce the ability for people to use sock-puppet accounts to spam ratings. You could also track when someone down votes the same person multiple times in a row and flag them for further observation. Maybe allow for only one down vote on a specific poster with each account. That'd force ******-bags to have one account for each vote the spam the system with.

Edit: I'm not sure how much flexibility is built into the code for this software, though, so most of those suggestions might be moot.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Why not have it set-up so only posters with a certain number of posts can up/down vote people? This would reduce the ability for people to use sock-puppet accounts to spam ratings. You could also track when someone down votes the same person multiple times in a row and flag them for further observation. Maybe allow for only one down vote on a specific poster with each account. That'd force ******-bags to have one account for each vote the spam the system with.

Edit: I'm not sure how much flexibility is built into the code for this software, though, so most of those suggestions might be moot.

I don't know if it's possible but to only have available the positive one. If you don't like it don't vote if you do then give it an up. I think it would take the fun away from the abusers. Just my thoughts.

I don't know if it's possible but to only have available the positive one. If you don't like it don't vote if you do then give it an up. I think it would take the fun away from the abusers. Just my thoughts.

While I do agree with you there, I also like that trolls get their posts beaten down. I guess having the "report" option there makes up for that.

Yeah, in theory that sounds great but I really don't think there is that much functionality available (though Matt could chime in and prove me totally wrong on this! lol). Matt can probably control it even more than it is now (he's even stated that he's taking the number of votes someone can use based on their membership, i.e. Booster, newbie) but there is probably only so much he can or wants to do with it.

Probably like the Post Count being displayed as it was back years ago, if it becomes too much of a problem (people used to pad their post count and it became very annoying) then he will remedy the situation.

Yeah, in theory that sounds great but I really don't think there is that much functionality available (though Matt could chime in and prove me totally wrong on this! lol). Matt can probably control it even more than it is now (he's even stated that he's taking the number of votes someone can use based on their membership, i.e. Booster, newbie) but there is probably only so much he can or wants to do with it.

Probably like the Post Count being displayed as it was back years ago, if it becomes too much of a problem (people used to pad their post count and it became very annoying) then he will remedy the situation.

How exactly do you pad your post count? This is the only board I belong to and have never sen it done. Is it just like 1 letter posts, kinda?

How exactly do you pad your post count? This is the only board I belong to and have never sen it done. Is it just like 1 letter posts, kinda?

No, actually all they were doing was just posting just to post. Every post you put on the board counted as a post, unless it was in the Water Cooler. So people would jump into the GDT Threads and post stupid stuff like, "oh!!" or whatever, just posts to pad their count. You could of course see what they were doing as they would CONTINUE to do it AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

When the same person posts 50 strait posts of absolutely nothing of importance people tend to notice and it's either they are a Troll or they are trying to pad their posts. It was like a competition to some back then (who had the most posts wins!!).

No, actually all they were doing was just posting just to post. Every post you put on the board counted as a post, unless it was in the Water Cooler. So people would jump into the GDT Threads and post stupid stuff like, "oh!!" or whatever, just posts to pad their count. You could of course see what they were doing as they would CONTINUE to do it AGAIN AND AGAIN!!

When the same person posts 50 strait posts of absolutely nothing of importance people tend to notice and it's either they are a Troll or they are trying to pad their posts. It was like a competition to some back then (who had the most posts wins!!).

I see what you mean.

If that was the case in the NHL we would be in 1st place! :hehe:

Guest Howard He Do It?!

For those using Adblock: Anyone else have a large, vertical red void on the left hand side of the page?

Edited by Howard He Do It?!