• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Guest mindfly

Wow... this forum feels... awkward

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

Yes of course :)

What the f*ck happend anyways, all i saw was a weird banner and a chicken last time i tried to get on haha

But he wanted to be the first post in the new forum. Jeez Matt. :)

On the positive note, glad to see you got a working forum back up. That attack must have been something.

Glad to see LGW back in whatever incarnation it is right now.

BTW, hackers should have their balls cut off, shoved down their throats and then have the space their balls were, set on fire. And that's just for starters. <_<

Guest mindfly

How many of ya'll watched the game?

Helmer with two beauties, Datsyuk made fun of nashville D pickpocked him :D

Glad to see LGW back in whatever incarnation it is right now. BTW, hackers should have their balls cut off, shoved down their throats and then have the space their balls were, set on fire. And that's just for starters. <_<

+1.

Guest mindfly

Love it with no adds or flashy animations... hope it can stay this way(?)

Glad to see LGW back in whatever incarnation it is right now.

BTW, hackers should have their balls cut off, shoved down their throats and then have the space their balls were, set on fire. And that's just for starters. <_<

I don't get the merit in hacking a website like this personally. Taking down a forum for a little while? OMFG SO KOOL.

How many of ya'll watched the game?

Helmer with two beauties, Datsyuk made fun of nashville D pickpocked him :D

Nicely played game by the Wings. And nice to see Weber leaving instead of Lilja this time.

Love it with no adds or flashy animations... hope it can stay this way(?)

If you don't like the ads or flash animations, install AdBlock Plus on your Firefox browser and voila, you won't have them anymore. I can wait for the Red Wings theme to come back, I'm sure Matt is making sure everything is secure first.

Guest mindfly

I guess only the owner really knows how much money versus trouble you get from having all the adds and whatnot

If you want to see this site continue, then you'll have to deal with the ads. That's the nature of the beast. No ads = no LGW.

As an aside, the forum software that was being run here was very outdated. I purchased a license (that ad revenue at work, mindfly) for the latest version last August but was unable to a response from my host at the time. The events of Thursday morning I think will have an overall positive outcome: updates to the site that weren't completed earlier on are now getting attention, and that's good news for everyone.

Good game tonight.

Did everybody hear about Rodney Stuckey? He had what ESPN is calling a Seizure during the 3rd quarter of the Pistons/Cavs game tonight. It was during a timeout.

Good game tonight.

Did everybody hear about Rodney Stuckey? He had what ESPN is calling a Seizure during the 3rd quarter of the Pistons/Cavs game tonight. It was during a timeout.

I guess only the owner really knows how much money versus trouble you get from having all the adds and whatnot

Outside one or two instances over the last couple of years the ads have not been a security problem. The issue, in the hacking attack that took down the forums, was solely due to outdated forum software that had a security vulnerability. That has been eliminated, as promised.

The Google "blacklist" issue that popped up is due to the same thing -- outdated programming (in this case the content management system that controls the areas of the site outside the forums). That hole is still there but it's affecting only one file as the others have been permanently disabled. That issue will be rectified shortly as well.

Guest mindfly

Was funny to see kronwall headhunting with 3mins left and only a 2goal lead :P that man is crazy sometimes

The colour scheme has a Vancouver Canucks feel to it. I recommend you discard immediately. :P

Don't worry, it's going to happen this weekend! I'm currently trying to see if I can just keep this one live for a day or so while I develop the "main" skin on a hidden forum, then release it finished. (Rather than piecemail it in.)

Guest mindfly

Outside one or two instances over the last couple of years the ads have not been a security problem. The issue, in the hacking attack that took down the forums, was solely due to outdated forum software that had a security vulnerability. That has been eliminated, as promised.

The Google "blacklist" issue that popped up is due to the same thing -- outdated programming (in this case the content management system that controls the areas of the site outside the forums). That hole is still there but it's affecting only one file as the others have been permanently disabled. That issue will be rectified shortly as well.

Thanks for explaining further, as i wrote in the post in the member service section, i knew long ago it was outdated... and as you said, mostly good things will come out of what happend thursday..

Good game tonight.

Yeah. That's scary stuff.I hope he's okay.It always reminds me of the night Fish went down.

Yeah. That's scary stuff.I hope he's okay.It always reminds me of the night Fish went down.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. And Stuckey had a major dizzy spell during a game in November and had to be helped to the lockerroom and missed the next two games.

So it sounds like there might be something there that they hadn't caught earlier.