• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

#21 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:45 PM

Was funny to see kronwall headhunting with 3mins left and only a 2goal lead :P that man is crazy sometimes

#22 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:47 PM

The colour scheme has a Vancouver Canucks feel to it. I recommend you discard immediately. :P

Don't worry, it's going to happen this weekend! I'm currently trying to see if I can just keep this one live for a day or so while I develop the "main" skin on a hidden forum, then release it finished. (Rather than piecemail it in.)

#23 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Outside one or two instances over the last couple of years the ads have not been a security problem. The issue, in the hacking attack that took down the forums, was solely due to outdated forum software that had a security vulnerability. That has been eliminated, as promised.

The Google "blacklist" issue that popped up is due to the same thing -- outdated programming (in this case the content management system that controls the areas of the site outside the forums). That hole is still there but it's affecting only one file as the others have been permanently disabled. That issue will be rectified shortly as well.

Thanks for explaining further, as i wrote in the post in the member service section, i knew long ago it was outdated... and as you said, mostly good things will come out of what happend thursday..

#24 mariah

mariah

Draper Love

• Silver Booster
  • 151 posts

Good game tonight.

Did everybody hear about Rodney Stuckey? He had what ESPN is calling a Seizure during the 3rd quarter of the Pistons/Cavs game tonight. It was during a timeout.

Yeah. That's scary stuff.I hope he's okay.It always reminds me of the night Fish went down.

#25 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:51 PM

Yeah. That's scary stuff.I hope he's okay.It always reminds me of the night Fish went down.

Yeah, I was thinking the same thing. And Stuckey had a major dizzy spell during a game in November and had to be helped to the lockerroom and missed the next two games.

So it sounds like there might be something there that they hadn't caught earlier.

Posted Image

#26 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 10:56 PM

Wow, so different haha.

At least we had a great game.

I say keep it until the Wings lose :hehe:

Edited by Carman, 05 March 2010 - 10:56 PM.

#27 heinz57

heinz57

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 257 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:00 PM

Yeah, this forum feels weird. But I'm happy to have LGW back.

Helm FTW

#28 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:02 PM

An awkward forum is better than no forum at all. Give it a while and Matt will get everything back to normal.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#29 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,740 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:05 PM

So how can Matt prevent this from happening again?

I don't honestly know much about this kind of thing and how the whole "hacking" thing works and how easy it is to do it.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#30 Howard He Do It?!

Howard He Do It?!

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,417 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:08 PM

I don't honestly know much about this kind of thing and how the whole "hacking" thing works and how easy it is to do it.

Outside one or two instances over the last couple of years the ads have not been a security problem. The issue, in the hacking attack that took down the forums, was solely due to outdated forum software that had a security vulnerability. That has been eliminated, as promised.

The Google "blacklist" issue that popped up is due to the same thing -- outdated programming (in this case the content management system that controls the areas of the site outside the forums). That hole is still there but it's affecting only one file as the others have been permanently disabled. That issue will be rectified shortly as well.

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Round 1: Red Wings (4) vs. Coyotes (0)
Round 2: Red Wings (0) vs. Sharks (0)

#31 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:09 PM

Don't worry, it's going to happen this weekend! I'm currently trying to see if I can just keep this one live for a day or so while I develop the "main" skin on a hidden forum, then release it finished. (Rather than piecemail it in.)

I'm excited for it. Although it's not what I'm worried about right now, any idea if we'll see a March wallpaper schedule posted? Until then, I'm using one I found on another site. It's just not the same as yours though. :hehe:

#32 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

By keeping the programming up to date. The problem was that the jump from the previous version to this is large (not a 2.3.4 to 2.3.5, but a jump from 2.X to 3.X) and there were several intricate modificatons to the previous version that may have "broken" the upgrade process. That's gone now.

As long as there is an internet, there'll be hackers. You've just got to be diligent in staying ahead of the game.

#33 Dan Bylsma

Dan Bylsma

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 287 posts

I wonder if there will be a partial weekly contest this weekend ? There's 19 games left on Saturday and Sunday's schedule.....

Edited by Dan Bylsma, 05 March 2010 - 11:14 PM.

#34 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,077 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:12 PM

I'm excited for it. Although it's not what I'm worried about right now, any idea if we'll see a March wallpaper schedule posted? Until then, I'm using one I found on another site. It's just not the same as yours though. :hehe:

The March wallpaper I intended to get finished tonight, but that was before what went down yesterday. I'll probably be pushed to sometime next week. I had to pull my laptop out of the repair shop this evening when I received notice that the backup was restored and the upgrade was in progress. (My laptop isn't completely fixed yet, but I can use it in the interim.)

The focus this weekend is to get the forum looking more like itself (though an "updated" look I've been wanting to do) and then get the wallpaper out. I've had to re-prioritize in the interim.

#35 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:15 PM

Welcome back me!

#36 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

We look so generically corporate right now. Can't wait to see the new skins. Is hacking really that fun. Do hackers really just thrive onf****** s*** up? Bet they were all bullied in school.

#37 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:20 PM

We made it out alive!

#38 dropkickshanahans

dropkickshanahans

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,576 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:22 PM

We look so generically corporate right now. Can't wait to see the new skins. Is hacking really that fun. Do hackers really just thrive onf****** s*** up? Bet they were all bullied in school.

I think a blackhawks fan did it.

inb4derp.

#39 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,379 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:28 PM

Had to log back on. Almost forgot: Crosby crosby crosby, crosby, crosby, .......

Just thought I'd christen the new board.

#40 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,026 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:31 PM

We're going back...right? :(

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!