#41 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:34 PM

We're going back...right? :(

Yes. :) Just need to do some remodeling this weekend.

#42 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:39 PM

I notice the information underneath each poster's name has changed, with the hobbies and post count being included.

Is that going to stay?
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#43 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:40 PM

Yes. :) Just need to do some remodeling this weekend.

Let's go with some earthtones. The red and white causes by monitor to clash with the wall in the computer room. Maybe with some soft Chopin in the background.

#44 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,033 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:41 PM

Let's go with some earthtones. The red and white causes by monitor to clash with the wall in the computer room. Maybe with some soft Chopin in the background.

Hey, can we include brown too? It goes with my eyes.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#45 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,785 posts

Posted 05 March 2010 - 11:43 PM

I notice the information underneath each poster's name has changed, with the hobbies and post count being included.

Is that going to stay?

I would support that :thumbup:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#46 hokeychik22

hokeychik22

leapin' lou fontinato

• PipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:00 AM

Didn't you read the message Matt put up? The board got hacked.

bet crosby saw us talking about him and hacked it

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,938 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

As an aside, the forum software that was being run here was very outdated. I purchased a license (that ad revenue at work, mindfly) for the latest version last August but was unable to a response from my host at the time. The events of Thursday morning I think will have an overall positive outcome: updates to the site that weren't completed earlier on are now getting attention, and that's good news for everyone.

:thumbup: way to be positive about the site being hacked!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 Theophany

Theophany

Mr. Norris

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:02 AM

Is that going to stay?

Also the 150x150 avatar size. Is that staying? 150x150 is way better than 150x100 or whatever.

#49 TheDetroitRedWings

TheDetroitRedWings

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,199 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:55 AM

Glad to see LGWs back! Even if it does look temporarily awkward. lol

12041887825_d4b1d5c02f_o.jpg

#50 hooon

hooon

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,261 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:57 AM

So somebody actually took the time to hack this site? So... they literally studied computers and technology for years of their life, all leading up to the point where they could... hack the LGW forums? To post a picture of a black chicken? I cannot even possibly imagine a much more pitiful and pathetic existence than one where you would feel compelled to take the trouble to hack this site. What a world we live in.
Posted Image

#51 TheCaptain19

TheCaptain19

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,175 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:58 AM

feels like our house burned down, and we have to stay in the hotel until its fixed

#52 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:59 AM

Things must have gotten boring in mom's basement.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#53 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

Wow. Just feelin' my way around here. First off, Matt - you must have had two or three hairy days there. Plus you took your daughter to the Canucks' game and that was a disaster. Thank god she's as young as she is! THEN, some a-hole decides to open a can of whupass on your site. THANK YOU for all the sweat, blood and tears you've put in the last few days. It sure is different but if this is gonna be it, I can live with Whatever.

Can't believe I missed commentary from so many twits on here. :hehe:

Edited by Vladifan, 06 March 2010 - 01:10 AM.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#54 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:01 AM

So somebody actually took the time to hack this site? So... they literally studied computers and technology for years of their life, all leading up to the point where they could... hack the LGW forums? To post a picture of a black chicken? I cannot even possibly imagine a much more pitiful and pathetic existence than one where you would feel compelled to take the trouble to hack this site. What a world we live in.

Never underestimate the stupidity of people. People forge knives with desirable marks to sell for $500, when their skills are good enough to make the knife themselves to sell for that. I've heard of doctors stealing a patient's watch, putting a lifetime of work at risk for a $5000 Rolex.

People don't make sense, and that's all that makes sense.
Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#55 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:09 AM

feels like our house burned down, and we have to stay in the hotel until its fixed

:thumbup: Nice description. About five times during the game tonight I kept thinking that I wanted to run into the office and check out the board. WhatEVER form it's in right now is fine by moi.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#56 Drake_Marcus

Drake_Marcus

Pariah

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,336 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 01:15 AM

Is that going to stay?

I can't decide whether or not your hobbies were the default value or your own sarcasm.
Dedicated to lulz once lost:
Posted Image
Thanks TeeMan!

"We live on a placid island of ignorance in the midst of black seas
of infinity, and it was not meant that we should voyage" --H.P. Lovecraft

#57 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,844 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 11:30 AM

I can't decide whether or not your hobbies were the default value or your own sarcasm.

I'll never tell you.

One thing has improved, though. This site is much easier to navigate through without the ads, although I'm sure it won't stay that way.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#58 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:37 PM

bet crosby saw us talking about him and hacked it

Haha probably. It does feel like the house burned down.

#59 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,726 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:39 PM

haha....awesome. Little change never hurt.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#60 Mickeyisms Rule!

Mickeyisms Rule!

Baboon for Enforcer

• PipPip
  • 462 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 12:49 PM

More likely it was someone with a above-average knowledge of computers that went to a site like millw0rm and copied the code from there. It may not have even been directed at LGW directly, but the vulnerability was found during someone port-scanning and vulnerability scanning the network location of this forum.

I catch these script kiddies all the time trying to penetrate my network at work. Sometimes I have a little fun with them and reverse it on them.

I would hate to be the parent of the kids/adults that I messed up when the howls and crying started coming from the basement :D