• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
newfy

Jordan Owens

Rate this topic

Maybe this belongs in the prospects so mods feel free to move it if it does.

This was our big deal this deadline and now I would like to know what people think about this guy. He's 23 right now so I tinhk its fair to call him a prospect and he sounds like he has a shott o make it as a 4th line player. He has 12 goals and 37 points this year in the AHL but this isn't how he's gonig to make it.

From what I've read he's got blazing speed, good defensively, can hit extremely hard and will fight when need be. Sonuds like he's got everything he needs already to be a 4th liner, maybe he won't put up points but it sounds like he could make it as an energy player in the NHL someday, he's got the speed for the game.

Just wondering what everyone thinks about him and his chances about making the big club someday. I tinhk this deal has a lot of upside, I like Newbury but he's a fringe NHLer thats 28. We got a 23 year old that could really develop into a nice 4th liner in the NHL and add some toughness and a PK ability.

Yeah I like the sounds of that line. The way Abdelkader has been fighting now, him and Owens could be a decent one two punch and with Helm flying around the ice hitting everything that line would be awful to play against.

Sounds good to me UK youre right I have nothing else to do at all haha

I was at the Griffins game last night and I'm here againn tonight (it's between the first and second periods). He's played in both games, but so far not very noticable. He was just interviewed on the big screen and said that he brings speed and physicality to the team.

He also said that he had two hours to pack in Hartford before he had to catch his plane to GRR. It takes me longer than that to pack for a trip much less to move to another city!

Watching the game last night he had 3 noticeably BIG hits. He also looked really fast and was in the middle of every scrum out there standing up for his teammates. He looks like he has the tools to make the NHL to me.