23 replies to this topic

#1 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,080 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:27 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8i3TuINyM&feature=player_embedded

Too funny. I know everyone hates him, but he's good for the NHL. Even the friggin Penguins play by play guys started laughing :lol:

#NOMOREKINDL

#2 Original-Six

Original-Six

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:36 PM

lol

#3 Krystal

Krystal

Hank's My Hero

• PipPipPip
  • 736 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:38 PM

Hah! Amazing :D That's the kinda stuff I'd expect from lower leagues (AHL/CHL and the like) but it's just as funny when someone like Avery does it.

#4 Hockeymom1960

Hockeymom1960

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,679 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 05:42 PM

lol love it!!!

#5 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 08:09 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8X8i3TuINyM&feature=player_embedded

Too funny. I know everyone hates him, but he's good for the NHL. Even the friggin Penguins play by play guys started laughing :lol:

I think this happened after Crosby got pushed down (barely) and acted and looked like someone had stabbed him. Of course he got the call. And there he is, picking himself up off the ice with obviously his very last breath, while Lundquist skates up to him (it happened behind his goal) and probably says something very much like, "Quit your stupid-ass diving, Crosby". And yeah I made that up but the whole hockey world knows it had to be something like that. :ph34r: So Crosby pushes Lundquist in total outrage, and then it seemed to escalate from there.

And yes, you had to be there to see the anguished look on Crosby's face as he lay twitching on the ice.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#6 b.shanafan14

b.shanafan14

One good Swede deserves another!

• Silver Booster
  • 2,872 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:02 PM

hahaha jeeze, +1 for Avery there

#7 cjm502

cjm502

This man was born to kick ass.

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,612 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:13 PM

I dont care what anyone says, I love the guy.
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#8 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:22 PM

:clap:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#9 wings1110

wings1110

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,147 posts

Posted 06 March 2010 - 10:24 PM

I love him and i wish he was still with the wings, he would still be the same player on the ice, but none of the off ice s*** would happen if he was here.

#10 McAwesome

McAwesome

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,573 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:36 AM

Got to love Sean Avery. I don't care too much for his off-ice antics, but the way he gets in the opponents' heads is priceless. When he waved his stick in Brodeur's face instead of screening him, that was epic, I wish I had thought of that when I played.

7yss.jpg

Thanks MabusIncarnate

#11 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:02 AM

I love him and i wish he was still with the wings, he would still be the same player on the ice, but none of the off ice s*** would happen if he was here.

That's a fairly bold claim. Also, note that he was traded away because Holland did not think he had sufficient respect for the game---and remember that the Stars let him go in part because his teammates didn't want him around.

He's a douchebag.

#12 HockeyCrazy3033

HockeyCrazy3033

Hall of Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 17,360 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 01:29 AM

LMAO. Too funny and definitely classic Aves.
"I'm a winner. That's all I do". - Chris Osgood -

#13 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 02:08 AM

Got to love Sean Avery. I don't care too much for his off-ice antics, but the way he gets in the opponents' heads is priceless. When he waved his stick in Brodeur's face instead of screening him, that was epic, I wish I had thought of that when I played.

That pretty much sums up how I feel. He's too funny on ice, but off ice, he's a dick.

#14 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:15 AM

Well if you want him here, you better never say that around him. Me thinks he likes getting with hot movie stars.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#15 Creasemonkey

Creasemonkey

Goaltender for Hire

• HoF Booster
  • 487 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:21 AM

Oh, how I laughed. As soon as I saw what Talbot did I got the giggles. He indeed swatted like a little playful kitty, and had it coming. Shanny in his feistiest days would've taunted him in the same fashion I'd bet. Lots of players would.

#16 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,960 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:18 AM

I don't think there was a more classic Shanny moment than back in the '02 finals, where he was in the penalty box and taunted a female Hurricanes fan with hairy armpits :lol:

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#17 puckloo39

puckloo39

Champion, MVP and still the best!!!

• HoF Booster
  • 21,504 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 10:43 AM

I don't think there was a more classic Shanny moment than back in the '02 finals, where he was in the penalty box and taunted a female Hurricanes fan with hairy armpits :lol:

that was one of the funniest Shanny moments.. ever. I will never forget it and laugh about it still. :lol:

This clip was funnier than most, because he's picking on the Penguins - who make me :rolleyes: I like any team who beats them (stupid Dallas didn't yesterday...blah).

My favorite Avery clip was the one where he skated behind Georges Laraque and said, "You can't handle me, Georges..." in his snotty little rookie voice. Laraque was so stunned he just stared at Avery like he was a smushed bug. Lucky Sean!!

Of course, it's hard to beat the Fatso encounters.

I guess I still like the guy in hockey. We don't have many characters left. :cool:

puckloo39dom.jpg

“Next time I tell you someone from Texas should not be president of the United States, please pay attention."

Best ever

#18 ComradeWasabi

ComradeWasabi

the abdelgator

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,461 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:12 PM

Avery is harmless and hilarious. I love that guy.
QUOTE (thedisappearer @ December 13, 2008 - 10:13AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
So, we're dogpiling on the goalie sammy Hudler the defense the refs league bias against us coaching now? Ok.

Babcock is lazy and he sucks!

#19 jeff48109

jeff48109

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,541 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:16 PM

if theres a video that captured the scene more, you can see talbot laughing at himself when he got into the penalty box. just hilarious

#20 Marty Barry

Marty Barry

Buzkashi Grandmaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,380 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 12:17 PM

NEED VIDEO!!!