• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

Before the game started I was thinking to myself what is the worst possible outcome for the Hawks in this game.

A key injury? Maybe but they are very deep and losing a Kane or Toews though it would hurt would IMO not be the end of the world.

Getting blown out by Detroit. Not so much, they would just look at it as 1 game and move on.

Then I realizedzed that the WORST thing that could happen to Chicago in this game was for Huet to really suck. Because then it plants doubt in everyones minds. - players, fans, coaches.

And that my friends is exactly what happened.

Even the NBC idiots realize now that Chicago has a real goaltending issue and it may cost them a chance at the Cup.

Today was a good day....

And I didn't hear any "Detroit Sucks" chants. Hmmm wonder why...LOL

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Calm down.

Hey, I'm as calm as a mill pond. I just don't appreciate it too much when a specific person continues to harass me at everything I say....even when I'm not the one who said it.

Nothing Crymson? Sad that you now look like a tool with a superiority complex? Thought so.

Is it really necessary to dig through posts that were made when we were playing awful just to call out people?

I didn't "dig through" anything. I didn't get on this board until after the game. I responded to posts as I read them AFTER THE GAME. I even gave kudos to some posters on here as I read along, but you seem to have missed those.

For future reference? I'm not online during play. It's either after periods, or after the game.

I didn't "dig through" anything. I didn't get on this board until after the game. I responded to posts as I read them AFTER THE GAME. I even gave kudos to some posters on here as I read along, but you seem to have missed those.

For future reference? I'm not online during play. It's either after periods, or after the game.

Fair enough, but you have to understand frustration builds when you watch your team go down 2-0 in the first while fighting for a playoff spot. Those type of games against us usually don't end well.

I really didn't think Huet was the reason we won like the commentators were saying. Flips goal was a nice breakaway goal, Dats on a breakaway, the one Rafalski got was kinda weak and Lidstroms he had to try to see around Bert which isn't easy.

I tihnk the wings just had a great second period not so much Huet played bad.

great game, I was able to resist checking the score while at work, so it was quite the fun one to come home and watch the recording of. Howard was pretty shaky with his rebounds in the first 2 periods but I though he buckled down pretty well in the third. Hossa scares me every time he has the puck.

***BY THE WAY***

can anyone make a gif of franzen doing the diving motion, that was quite funny.

Edited by Yzermania

So who is a BIGGER legitimate cup contender? Chicago or San Jose? After what I've seen lately, I don't think either of them want Detroit in the first round. My only concern for the Wings is offense and giving up late goals.

So who is a BIGGER legitimate cup contender? Chicago or San Jose? After what I've seen lately, I don't think either of them want Detroit in the first round. My only concern for the Wings is offense and giving up late goals.

Probably San Jose.

Nabokov hasn't been great in big games, but he's better than either of Chicago's goalies.

If the Wings won't make it in, I'm rooting for Phoenix all the way.