• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

3/7 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Blackhawks 4

Rate this topic

Outta curiosity - in what way did you feel Lilja played horrible?...So far I think he's played very well in every game.

This.

The Ladd goal he was out for was no way his fault. Zetterberg over-committed on a hit when Lils was right there and Lebda/Filpulla teamed up to get the puck right in front of Howard.

This.

The Ladd goal he was out for was no way his fault. Zetterberg over-committed on a hit when Lils was right there and Lebda/Filpulla teamed up to get the puck right in front of Howard.

No that I don't blame him for. I think he is just so slow and timid (understood) but still can't afford to have another dman playing soft.

Sorry but am I the only one who thought we kind of stumbled into that win? I mean I'll take it but, Howard gave up mad rebounds and just played ackward, Lilja horrible, Zetterberg looked very slow and lazy, Miller/Eaves/Williams all were nonexsistant, and for people who ***** about Flips money what about Clearys useless ass. I know I'm probably not acting the way I should after a win against Chicago, but they just seemed to me to have gotten lucky that Datsyuk/Lidstrom/ and somewhat Rafawlski had good games. Seriously what the f*** Z and Cleary!

I'm sorry, but to say Williams and Eaves were non-existent isn't true. Williams scored the third goal. Eaves also had a couple good chances (a wrap around was one of them). Eaves was hit hard and that seemed to drive him to play harder in the game. Eaves is also probably getting less ice time now, since the DHE line is the 4th. Zetterberg also had an assist on the Williams goal. I don't see what you expect. No player is going to score a hat-trick every game. Also, to say Lilja was horrible isn't true. He has played quite well for being out of the line-up for a year. Of course he is going to be slightly slower. His muscles have been used what, 3 or 4 NHL games (since Feb 09)? Not very logical to say he has been horrible, when he has been back only a few games, and has been playing well. Every defenseman on the ice is going to have a goal scored by the opposition during their shift every now and then.

I'm sorry, but to say Williams and Eaves were non-existent isn't true. Williams scored the third goal. Eaves also had a couple good chances (a wrap around was one of them). Eaves was hit hard and that seemed to drive him to play harder in the game. Eaves is also probably getting less ice time now, since the DHE line is the 4th. Zetterberg also had an assist on the Williams goal. I don't see what you expect. No player is going to score a hat-trick every game. Also, to say Lilja was horrible isn't true. He has played quite well for being out of the line-up for a year. Of course he is going to be slightly slower. His muscles have been used what, 3 or 4 NHL games (since Feb 09)? Not very logical to say he has been horrible, when he has been back only a few games, and has been playing well. Every defenseman on the ice is going to have a goal scored by the opposition during their shift every now and then.

Williams got his goal by being shoved down and the puck going directly onto his stick, he didn't even have to move it, not to mention the only reason Z was able to pass it was because of a horrible shot attempt that was blocked or whiffed. Also just because Lilja has an excuse doesn't mean he didn't play bad; I understand why.

Edited by ben_usmc

I do agree with you though ben that Howard did look out of position and has given up some bad rebounds. I think that has something to do with that Olympic break. Some of the goals he has let in after the break, I think he would've been able to stop them before the break.

very good to see both datsyuk and zetterberg play a strong game. nice to see the Wings put up five goals! lets not freak out because chicago almost came back. they didn't blow the lead. Perspective: we beat the team tied for 1st place in the conference.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Stupid Flames won tonight. They never lose when the Wings win.

Williams got his goal by being shoved down and the puck going directly onto his stick, he didn't even have to move it, not to mention the only reason Z was able to pass it was because of a horrible shot attempt that was blocked or whiffed. Also just because Lilja has an excuse doesn't mean he didn't play bad; I understand why.

I agree that Hank was a bit fortunate to be in a position to make the play off the failed shot attempt, but Willy was upright and had his stick on the ice and put it home, nothing lucky about that. A better goalie would have probably tried to block the pass that skirted inches in front of his pads through the crease though.

Overall Hank had an okay game if you ask me. He made one ugly turnover that resulted in one of Ladd's goals, but he was generally good defensively and did well on the PK. He had two assists, but he still doesn't look very dynamic, shifty, creative, whatever word you want to use out there when he was the puck.

I agree that Hank was a bit fortunate to be in a position to make the play off the failed shot attempt, but Willy was upright and had his stick on the ice and put it home, nothing lucky about that. A better goalie would have probably tried to block the pass that skirted inches in front of his pads through the crease though.

Overall Hank had an okay game if you ask me. He made one ugly turnover that resulted in one of Ladd's goals, but he was generally good defensively and did well on the PK. He had two assists, but he still doesn't look very dynamic, shifty, creative, whatever word you want to use out there when he was the puck.

It was great seeing Williams go to the net like that... hopefully that encourages him to to it more often.

Guest nutz2u

And Cristobal Huet is their goaltender...

And don't forget Hossa, I think someone has a :evil: voodoo doll full of pins with a #81 on the back.

Guest nutz2u

it wasn't the BEST game they could have played but you're being a little over critical I think. They beat arguably the best team in the league and at times showed complete dominance over them. They are starting to roll, it will only get better.

"AT TIMES" is th problem.

Edited by nutz2u

Finally finished watching the game, had to DVR it. I'm still waiting for the world to end. I can't believe we got a goal called back in our favor :shock: What an awful call it was to, but were owed many, many more.

Glad to see the guys finishing some of their chances, Fil actually scored going to the net. Datsyuk was great. Z made some nice plays as well. Bert had a good game before he folded up.

I still hate the way this team plays with a lead, it makes no sense. Our team is not set up to play prevent defense, I wish they'd stop trying. I'm glad there wasn't 5 more minutes left in that one.

Jimmy has not been as strong since we've returned from the break. Without him we have no goaltending, so if anyone reading this is the religious sort? Please pray for Jimmy and the Wings :D

I can't believe the Hawks didn't take a flier on Roloson? They can't be serious about putting Huet in goal for a meaningful game can they? I guess they're going with the rook? I guess we're in the same situation if Howard gets injured or starts feeling the pressure.

Guest Howard He Do It?!

Tomorrow's game against the Flames is going to be huge. The Wings have a chance to go up 3 points on the Flames with another game against them one week from today.

Finally finished watching the game, had to DVR it. I'm still waiting for the world to end. I can't believe we got a goal called back in our favor :shock: What an awful call it was to, but were owed many, many more.

Glad to see the guys finishing some of their chances, Fil actually scored going to the net. Datsyuk was great. Z made some nice plays as well. Bert had a good game before he folded up.

I still hate the way this team plays with a lead, it makes no sense. Our team is not set up to play prevent defense, I wish they'd stop trying. I'm glad there wasn't 5 more minutes left in that one.

Jimmy has not been as strong since we've returned from the break. Without him we have no goaltending, so if anyone reading this is the religious sort? Please pray for Jimmy and the Wings :D

I can't believe the Hawks didn't take a flier on Roloson? They can't be serious about putting Huet in goal for a meaningful game can they? I guess they're going with the rook? I guess we're in the same situation if Howard gets injured or starts feeling the pressure.

I'm not sure if a 40 year old goalie would have been the answer for them.

Though at least the Wings are not paying Osgood $4m.