• Please log in to reply
664 replies to this topic

#561 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

Buckeye & Red Wing fanatic

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:27 PM

Not even if they'd lost this one would I have thought that. Doesn't take much for you to turn on "your" team, does it.

To be fair, I referred to them as neutered turnover machines in a text, early in the second period.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#562 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:29 PM

Not even if they'd lost this one would I have thought that. Doesn't take much for you to turn on "your" team, does it.

Is it really necessary to dig through posts that were made when we were playing awful just to call out people?

Edited by ShanahanMan, 07 March 2010 - 03:29 PM.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#563 Tommy_Like_Wingy

Tommy_Like_Wingy

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:31 PM

If we can't keep those leads I don't like our chances against Chicago in the playoffs. And yes, we will make the playoffs.

Edited by Tommy_Like_Wingy, 07 March 2010 - 03:31 PM.

#564 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

This was a big win. The 3rd period display of just sitting back was pretty sad, but the way the Wings just owned the 2nd was beautiful to watch. Their best players played great and they had a nice comeback win on the road despite a mediocre effort by their goaltender.

Most importantly, the Wings get 2 points.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#565 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:35 PM

Is it really necessary to dig through posts that were made when we were playing awful just to call out people?

Is it really necessary to avoid admitting even in the least that you're a defensive pessimist who will turn on the team very quickly if they're not winning?

#566 BlueMonk

BlueMonk

Cleaner

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,591 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:36 PM

If we can't keep those leads I don't like our chances against Chicago in the playoffs. And yes, we will make the playoffs.

As long as Joel Quenneville is Chicago's coach, the Wings have nothing to worry about facing Chicago in the playoffs. Nothing at all.
"Just charge me with the usual." -Bob Probert

#567 Crymson

Crymson

Ninjelephant

• Gold Booster
  • 11,032 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:37 PM

Then fortunately for Detroit, the deadline has passed for the Hawks to make any effort to improve that area.

Apparently mindfly is unaware that the goalie is, too, part of the team.

#568 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:38 PM

As long as Joel Quenneville is Chicago's coach, the Wings have nothing to worry about facing Chicago in the playoffs. Nothing at all.

Whenever my Blackhawk friend gets too big of a head, I remind him that Joel Quenneville is their head coach. Then I lol.

"During Robert Lang’s time in Detroit, he caused me anguish. Other times he brought me and my family great joy. Robert Lang occasionally coasts, and spends time searching for the best pane of glass to best view the reflection of his flowing mullet. Other times he is a strong-armed force with the puck. I never knew what to expect from Robert Lang. He is The Enigma. " - A2Y

#569 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:42 PM

Is our game against Calgary a home game?

Either way, that'll be a regular season playoff game in the truest sense of the word.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#570 mindfly

mindfly

GRRRRR

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,170 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:43 PM

Home.. i think our next 3 games are at home then off to western canada road trip

#571 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:44 PM

Is it really necessary to avoid admitting even in the least that you're a defensive pessimist who will turn on the team very quickly if they're not winning?

Hey, moron, try actually reading the person he was quoting.....you'd see it wasn't even me. In fact, try to find anywhere in this thread of me "turning against the team", except laughing at Filppula after the giveaway.

Yeah, I'm sorry but you FAIL. Please go back to the cave you crawled out of and stay there.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#572 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Kane had a step, huge mistake to pass.

He did this a whole lot during the Olympics. Bothered me a lot more then than it did in this game. :cool:

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.

#573 F.Michael

F.Michael

Old School Dynamic Duo

• HoF Booster
  • 7,666 posts

Is our game against Calgary a home game?

Either way, that'll be a regular season playoff game in the truest sense of the word.

The way I see it the "playoffs" started last week Monday for the Red Wings.

'Evolution' created by Offsides

#574 GMRwings1983

GMRwings1983

The Killer is Me

• Silver Booster
  • 20,827 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:46 PM

Home.. i think our next 3 games are at home then off to western canada road trip

That's not good.

I can totally see us not showing up against Edmonton.
According to my profile, my reputation is excellent. LOL.

#575 Hockeytown Red Wings

Hockeytown Red Wings

• Silver Booster
  • 4,500 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:48 PM

That's not good.

I can totally see us not showing up against Edmonton.

Yeah, thats pretty typical. I'm usually happy when we get 3 out of 6 points when we head out to Calgary, then Edmonton, then Vancouver.

#576 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:51 PM

And Cristobal Huet is their goaltender...
Do or do not. There is no try

#577 Doc Holliday

Doc Holliday

LGW's impromptu Photoshopper

• Silver Booster
  • 4,340 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:56 PM

Hey, moron, try actually reading the person he was quoting.....you'd see it wasn't even me. In fact, try to find anywhere in this thread of me "turning against the team", except laughing at Filppula after the giveaway.

Yeah, I'm sorry but you FAIL. Please go back to the cave you crawled out of and stay there.

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Calm down.

Posted Image

#578 chrisdetroit

chrisdetroit

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 03:58 PM

Before the game started I was thinking to myself what is the worst possible outcome for the Hawks in this game.

A key injury? Maybe but they are very deep and losing a Kane or Toews though it would hurt would IMO not be the end of the world.

Getting blown out by Detroit. Not so much, they would just look at it as 1 game and move on.

Then I realizedzed that the WORST thing that could happen to Chicago in this game was for Huet to really suck. Because then it plants doubt in everyones minds. - players, fans, coaches.

And that my friends is exactly what happened.

Even the NBC idiots realize now that Chicago has a real goaltending issue and it may cost them a chance at the Cup.

Today was a good day....

And I didn't hear any "Detroit Sucks" chants. Hmmm wonder why...LOL
Do or do not. There is no try

#579 ShanahanMan

ShanahanMan

DUUUUUUUUH

• Silver Booster
  • 5,712 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:01 PM

Who pissed in your Cheerios?

Calm down.

Hey, I'm as calm as a mill pond. I just don't appreciate it too much when a specific person continues to harass me at everything I say....even when I'm not the one who said it.

Nothing Crymson? Sad that you now look like a tool with a superiority complex? Thought so.

I HATE JASON WILLIAMS

#580 Vladifan

Vladifan

Legend

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 5,759 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 04:03 PM

I didn't "dig through" anything. I didn't get on this board until after the game. I responded to posts as I read them AFTER THE GAME. I even gave kudos to some posters on here as I read along, but you seem to have missed those.

For future reference? I'm not online during play. It's either after periods, or after the game.

"He even ate with women who at that time were accorded the same status as the family donkey. Are we willing to break bread with, say, child sex slaves, transgender teens and undocumented workers? Because when Jesus comes back to Earth, that's where he'll be hanging."
You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.