• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

I dont know if this has been mentioned, but there is a podcast from WDFN 1130 of Art Regner interviewing Mike Babcock where Babs mentions that he talked to Huds over the olympic break and that Huds is disappointed he wasnt selected to play for the Czechs. He also mentioned that he wouldnt be surprised if Huds was skating for the Wings next winter. I was wondering if any of you guys caught this?

It'd be huge to get Hudler back next year. This team lacks secondary scoring in a huge way. Getting 60-70 points back in the line up is desperately needed.

http://wdfn.com/cc-common/podcast/single_podcast.html?podcast=ShepAndSharp.xml

Scroll down and look for "Mike Babcock 3-2"

When Mike talks about Hudler, its pretty much at the very end if you dont want to listen to the whole interview.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

It'd be huge to get Hudler back next year. This team lacks secondary scoring in a huge way. Getting 60-70 points back in the line up is desperately needed.

I disagree, I think our problem is the primary scoring that disappeared. When you get 10+ goals from portions of our 3rd and 4th lines, i think that's pretty good secondary scoring if you ssk me. What we do need though, is Hudler to play wing for Filppula so those two could benefit off each others strengths.

I disagree, I think our problem is the primary scoring that disappeared. When you get 10+ goals from portions of our 3rd and 4th lines, i think that's pretty good secondary scoring if you ssk me. What we do need though, is Hudler to play wing for Filppula so those two could benefit off each others strengths.

I actually agree with this completely. I would love to see Hudler playing with Filppula. Id also love to see us pick up another top six forward to play with Datsyuk and Holmstrom. I think whatever line Franzen is on seems to click. We just need another winger that can play with Z or D.

I thought it was very weird that Hudler wasn't selected for the Czech team. It's not like they were stacked or anything.

Getting him back next year would be perfect.. really, we need to pick up a good 2nd line scorer anyway and why not Hudler who we already know and who has proven chemistry with Filppula.

Next year's top 6:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-..Cleary?

I thought it was very weird that Hudler wasn't selected for the Czech team. It's not like they were stacked or anything.

Getting him back next year would be perfect.. really, we need to pick up a good 2nd line scorer anyway and why not Hudler who we already know and who has proven chemistry with Filppula.

Next year's top 6:

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula-..Cleary?

I kinda want to see

xxxx- Datsyuk- Homer

Cleary-Zetterberg-Franzen

Hudler-Filppula- Bertuzzi

Just to have 3 dangerous lines again.

Does his arbitration play into this? and could those stats be "on a curve" considering he's playing with and against guys that have NOT played in the NHL?

Just wondering because Id hate to have him back with the expectation of 50+ points from him in 50 games and get squat.

Not saying I am against it.. I always liked Huds and was sad when he left.

Does his arbitration play into this? and could those stats be "on a curve" considering he's playing with and against guys that have NOT played in the NHL?

Just wondering because Id hate to have him back with the expectation of 50+ points from him in 50 games and get squat.

Not saying I am against it.. I always liked Huds and was sad when he left.

Hudler completed arbitration; he has a contract with Detroit for a cap hit of $2.875m for two seasons when he returns to the NHL. He cannot sign a deal with another NHL team, and should he ever return to the NHL he is bound to the contract he agreed to in arbitration regardless of when he returns, even if the salary cap is no longer around.

Furthermore, looking at the 2010-11 Wings' potential roster if you include Hudler's cap hit, the Wings will have the following roster setup:

F (7): Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Franzen, Filppula, Hudler, Cleary, Draper

D (5): Rafalski, Stuart, Kronwall, Ericsson, Kindl

G (2): Osgood, Howard

Cap space, assuming no change: $13.137m

This is with at least 6 forwards and 2 defensemen to sign or promote, plus potentially one more skater.

So we'll slot the current RFAs from this year's roster at these salaries; Abdelkader ($1m), Eaves ($750k), Meech ($500k), Helm ($875k), Miller ($750k) and take away four forward slots and a defense slot.

This brings us to 11 forwards, 6 defensemen, and 2 goaltenders with $9.26m available cap space. The obvious names who are still free agents from this year's roster are Lidstrom, Bertuzzi, Williams, Maltby, and Holmstrom.

Lidstrom should be able to return at $4m.

Holmstrom, although he has had an impressive season, would likely take a cut to $2m to return.

This leaves $3.26m to sign 1 forward and if possible an additional skater. Bertuzzi and Williams are still available, and either could be had under that price.

Maltby could be had for $500k if he doesn't retire and the Wings choose to retain his services.

Or that $3.26m could possibly be spent on a forward who is better than Bertuzzi or Williams.

From CapGeek.com.... I'd try and resign Lilja instead of Meech. Id also let Drew Miller walk. I hate how we have so many grinder types on our roster this year. When healthy, and with Hudler back, we dont need so many next year. Under this scenerio we would have 3.332 million in cap room and two spots to fill. Id use one to sign a 13th forward for the league minimum. If Drew Miller wants to play for .500 then fine. If not, he can walk. Then with 2.8 to fill a final spot, I would go after a forward better than Bertuzzi/Williams. Possibly Slava Kozlov for one year.... Just a suggestion, I dont know what kind of player we could get for 2 million, as Im sure wed probably want to leave some room for flexibility.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / * Jiri Hudler ($2.880m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $53.468m; CAP ROOM: $3.332m

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I missed him during the playoffs last year, when he disappeared stopped grossly overproducing for a player getting 3rd line minutes... I really would not be excited to have him back.

Fixed for you.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

19 goals, 52 points in 53 games.

To put things in perspective, Jagr (who I still belive has 70+ point potential if he were in the NHL today) has 42 points in 50 games. Granted, The KHL's style of play suits Hudler better than the NHL, I still think he would be a consistant 65+ point 2nd liner on this team, and would be a steal at 2.85

To put things in perspective, Jagr (who I still belive has 70+ point potential if he were in the NHL today) has 42 points in 50 games. Granted, The KHL's style of play suits Hudler better than the NHL, I still think he would be a consistant 65+ point 2nd liner on this team, and would be a steal at 2.85

Under the same breath, Marcel Hossa has 54 points in 56 games over there and he was a complete and utter disappointment in the NHL.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Under the same breath, Marcel Hossa has 54 points in 56 games over there and he was a complete and utter disappointment in the NHL.

Yes, but Hudler allready has proven he can put up points in the NHL, and, in my mind at least, makes a substancial diffirence. I understand your point though.