• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Jiri Hudler

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I thought he signed in Russia for 2 years. Isn't there an agreement where both league would honor each other's contracts?

He has an out clause.

I thought he signed in Russia for 2 years. Isn't there an agreement where both league would honor each other's contracts?

No - there is not an official one between Russia and the NHL; simply a "gentleman's agreement" at this point. Regardless, it is reported Hudler has an out-clause after one year in the KHL.

Hello Torres, Hudler, and Abdelkader. Bye-bye Miller, Williams, and Maltby. Re-sign Bert at 1.5, Lids at 3.5, and then there's room for Torres at 2.25 and Hudler too. Maybe Lids will pull an Yzerman and play the last couple years at 1mil and "take one for the team" lol. Seriously though, I'd love to see Torres with Z and Cleary. Fil, Huds and Bert would be a nice third line. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader would be the fourth.

Hello Torres, Hudler, and Abdelkader. Bye-bye Miller, Williams, and Maltby. Re-sign Bert at 1.5, Lids at 3.5, and then there's room for Torres at 2.25 and Hudler too. Maybe Lids will pull an Yzerman and play the last couple years at 1mil and "take one for the team" lol. Seriously though, I'd love to see Torres with Z and Cleary. Fil, Huds and Bert would be a nice third line. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader would be the fourth.

So your saying

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Franzen

Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader

Draper

If it would work financially, hell yes.

From CapGeek.com.... I'd try and resign Lilja instead of Meech. Id also let Drew Miller walk. I hate how we have so many grinder types on our roster this year. When healthy, and with Hudler back, we dont need so many next year. Under this scenerio we would have 3.332 million in cap room and two spots to fill. Id use one to sign a 13th forward for the league minimum. If Drew Miller wants to play for .500 then fine. If not, he can walk. Then with 2.8 to fill a final spot, I would go after a forward better than Bertuzzi/Williams. Possibly Slava Kozlov for one year.... Just a suggestion, I dont know what kind of player we could get for 2 million, as Im sure wed probably want to leave some room for flexibility.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)

Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / * Jiri Hudler ($2.880m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)

* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)

Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)

* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $53.468m; CAP ROOM: $3.332m

personally i dont see holmer coming back next season. though an effective pp player, 5 on 5 he has really slowed down... not saying hes a liability but if he wasnt snug on datsyuks wing he may be. nevertheless, the guy hasn't played a full season in like 3 years i just dont see him wanting to struggle through another season in the league after all his recent injuries and the abuse he has endured from since before i can remember. great player, great career... just am not sure he has any left in the tank and if he does it will be another half season because he just cant stay healthy anymore. personally, i wouldn't mind holmer back as long as he produces but it has got to be frustrating for him since he hasnt been able to get a healthy season in, in awhile.

So your saying

Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader

Draper

I think it would work, I haven't run the numbers but dropping Miller, Maltby, Williams, and May while Lids taking a 3.5mil pay cut would probably be enough to afford Torres for 2.whatever along with Hudler and 2mil plus change salary. Abdelkader and Eaves will come cheap and Helm shouldn't be asking for too much of a raise this time around as he's an RFA. I can't see Bert getting much more than the 1.5 we gave him this year, especially if we were to offer him the security of a two year deal at that price too. I doubt Homer asks for a raise and may even take a slight 250K pay cut to stay on too.

So your saying

Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary

Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi

Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader

Draper

Hudler and Bertuzzi playing on the same line makes me dizzy. But I like it.

From CapGeek.com.... I'd try and resign Lilja instead of Meech. Id also let Drew Miller walk. I hate how we have so many grinder types on our roster this year. When healthy, and with Hudler back, we dont need so many next year. Under this scenerio we would have 3.332 million in cap room and two spots to fill. Id use one to sign a 13th forward for the league minimum. If Drew Miller wants to play for .500 then fine. If not, he can walk. Then with 2.8 to fill a final spot, I would go after a forward better than Bertuzzi/Williams. Possibly Slava Kozlov for one year.... Just a suggestion, I dont know what kind of player we could get for 2 million, as Im sure wed probably want to leave some room for flexibility.

* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m)

* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.700m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $53.468m; CAP ROOM: $3.332m

If Lilja returns, it is because of one of the following situations:

1) One of Stuart, Kronwall, Ericsson, or Kindl has been included in a package to replace Nicklas Lidstrom, who has retired.

2) One of Stuart, Ericsson, or Kindl has been traded for another reason, or has suffered a long-term injury.

Neither Kindl nor Ericsson will be used as a seventh defenseman. So it's either Meech or someone else just like him. In other words, 95% Meech, if Nick comes back.

Earlier in the season I would have agreed that I wouldnt think that either Kindl or Ericsson would have been used next year as a 7th defenseman but with the way things are going with Ericsson at the moment I wouldnt necessarily rule that option out. I think Ericsson's rookie season is going to open everyone's eyes a little bit and remind everyone of the struggles that an NHL rookie defenseman season brings. I think the stretch drive and any playoff games we may play will play a big role in determining what the Wings do in terms of bringing Lilja back. Ericsson has struggled big time and there is no guarentee that he turns it around in one off season and there is no guarentee that Kindl doesnt have the same struggles next season. Having a steady, veteran pressence on the back head that can kill penalties and block shots like Lilja would go a long way.

Splitting time between Kindl and Ericsson next season wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Especially considering they'll be making approx 900k each which isn't too insane for a 6th and 7th. It's more than you'd like but it's not crazy. Also, seeing as Lilja missed a year he certainly won't be getting a raise - he may even re-sign at $1M (although that could be wishful thinking).

If Lilja returns, it is because of one of the following situations:

1) One of Stuart, Kronwall, Ericsson, or Kindl has been included in a package to replace Nicklas Lidstrom, who has retired.

2) One of Stuart, Ericsson, or Kindl has been traded for another reason, or has suffered a long-term injury.

Neither Kindl nor Ericsson will be used as a seventh defenseman. So it's either Meech or someone else just like him. In other words, 95% Meech, if Nick comes back.

You know, its funny. Before and up to that playoff series where Lilja handed the Cup to Selanne and the Ducks on a silver platter, I LOATHED Lilja. However, ever since then he has gotten better and better. Although, he still has some giveaways, I think he has progressed into a steady stay at home defenseman. With Lidstrom at 41, Rafalski an amazing offensive defensman but similar defensive skills to LGW posters on this board, Ericsson/Kindl question marks, I think Lilja at 1.25 is a tremendous value. I want him back regardless.

Edited by wingsownnhl43

You know, its funny. Before and up to that playoff series where Lilja handed the Cup to Selanne and the Ducks on a silver platter, I LOATHED Lilja. However, ever since then he has gotten better and better. Although, he still has some giveaways, I think he has progressed into a steady stay at home defenseman. With Lidstrom at 41, Rafalski an amazing offensive defensman but similar defensive skills to LGW posters on this board, Ericsson/Kindl question marks, I think Lilja at 1.25 is a tremendous value. I want him back regardless.

Lids is only 39.. Well 40 in a month

The only knock I have against Lilja is sometimes I wish he'd protect himself a little bit better out there against some big hits. It seems like he leaves himself away from the boards a little bit and he ends up getting crushed. It happened in the 2nd period in the Chicago game. Not only is it s***ty for him but it's a momentum thing too.

Other than that, the previous poster hit the nail on the head, since the 07 give away to Selanne he has turned into a great value. Sure he has his miscues and such but at the price he provides an awful lot of return. I would absolutely hate to see him leave this team.

Running these numbers through cap geek, we would have a very balanced line up with the ability to add a 3 million dollar salary at the deadline. I think we're looking pretty good for next season so long as Lidstrom/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi come back willing to take pay cuts.

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m)

* Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

* Brad May ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $55.018m; CAP ROOM: $1.782m BONUSES: $0.000m

Running these numbers through cap geek, we would have a very balanced line up with the ability to add a 3 million dollar salary at the deadline. I think we're looking pretty good for next season so long as Lidstrom/Holmstrom/Bertuzzi come back willing to take pay cuts.

Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Todd Bertuzzi ($1.500m) / * Tomas Holmstrom ($1.500m)

* Darren Helm ($1.000m) / * Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.750m)

* Brad May ($0.500m)

DEFENSEMEN

Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)

GOALTENDERS

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS

ROSTER: 22; PAYROLL: $55.018m; CAP ROOM: $1.782m BONUSES: $0.000m

Why would Bertuzzi take a pay cut at $1.5 million to make room for Hudler at $2.8 million? Not going to happen.

how much of a paycut is Bertuzzi going to take exactly? he makes 1.5 million. im sure it's possible to get Huddles back, but he's kind of traitor. basically made up a reason to jump ship and get paid.

Why not? He has stated how much he loves it here.

He's going to take LESS than $1.5 million? He's already on the low end of the spectrum for his performance, I wouldn't ask or expect him to take less than that.