• Please log in to reply
61 replies to this topic

#21 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:30 PM

I missed him during the playoffs last year, when he disappeared stopped grossly overproducing for a player getting 3rd line minutes... I really would not be excited to have him back.

Fixed for you.
Victory Honda Forever.

Like my posts? Contact Hossa4life for information regarding my fan club

#22 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 09:37 PM

19 goals, 52 points in 53 games.

To put things in perspective, Jagr (who I still belive has 70+ point potential if he were in the NHL today) has 42 points in 50 games. Granted, The KHL's style of play suits Hudler better than the NHL, I still think he would be a consistant 65+ point 2nd liner on this team, and would be a steal at 2.85
Victory Honda Forever.

#23 superstarsingh

superstarsingh

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,478 posts

Posted 07 March 2010 - 11:14 PM

I am all for Huds coming back!

#24 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 12:44 AM

To put things in perspective, Jagr (who I still belive has 70+ point potential if he were in the NHL today) has 42 points in 50 games. Granted, The KHL's style of play suits Hudler better than the NHL, I still think he would be a consistant 65+ point 2nd liner on this team, and would be a steal at 2.85

Under the same breath, Marcel Hossa has 54 points in 56 games over there and he was a complete and utter disappointment in the NHL.

#25 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:07 AM

Under the same breath, Marcel Hossa has 54 points in 56 games over there and he was a complete and utter disappointment in the NHL.

Yes, but Hudler allready has proven he can put up points in the NHL, and, in my mind at least, makes a substancial diffirence. I understand your point though.
Victory Honda Forever.

#26 Tane

Tane

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 326 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:17 AM

I thought he signed in Russia for 2 years. Isn't there an agreement where both league would honor each other's contracts?

#27 EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,731 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:18 AM

I thought he signed in Russia for 2 years. Isn't there an agreement where both league would honor each other's contracts?

He has an out clause.
Victory Honda Forever.

#28 egroen

egroen

Hall-of-Famer

• Gold Booster
  • 4,619 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:20 AM

No - there is not an official one between Russia and the NHL; simply a "gentleman's agreement" at this point. Regardless, it is reported Hudler has an out-clause after one year in the KHL.
Red Kelly #4 and Larry Aurie #6 belong in the rafters!!!

"For my game, I don't need to score the goal," Konstantinov once explained. "I need someone to start thinking about me and forgetting about scoring goals."

#29 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:46 AM

Hello Torres, Hudler, and Abdelkader. Bye-bye Miller, Williams, and Maltby. Re-sign Bert at 1.5, Lids at 3.5, and then there's room for Torres at 2.25 and Hudler too. Maybe Lids will pull an Yzerman and play the last couple years at 1mil and "take one for the team" lol. Seriously though, I'd love to see Torres with Z and Cleary. Fil, Huds and Bert would be a nice third line. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader would be the fourth.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#30 Detroit # 1 Fan

Detroit # 1 Fan

Truculence.

• HoF Booster
  • 19,023 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 01:50 AM

Hello Torres, Hudler, and Abdelkader. Bye-bye Miller, Williams, and Maltby. Re-sign Bert at 1.5, Lids at 3.5, and then there's room for Torres at 2.25 and Hudler too. Maybe Lids will pull an Yzerman and play the last couple years at 1mil and "take one for the team" lol. Seriously though, I'd love to see Torres with Z and Cleary. Fil, Huds and Bert would be a nice third line. Helm, Draper, Abdelkader would be the fourth.

So your saying

Holmstrom-Datsyuk-Franzen
Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary
Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader
Draper

If it would work financially, hell yes.

#NOMOREKINDL

#31 soultrain

soultrain

hairdresser of the sharts

• Bronze Booster
  • 805 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 04:54 AM

did not seem like babs wasf****** around at all...sounds like its a go...i hope to see the little bastard back!

#32 DangleDangleBeach

DangleDangleBeach

BIG PAV DANGLE HARD

• Pip
  • 145 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 09:31 AM

From CapGeek.com.... I'd try and resign Lilja instead of Meech. Id also let Drew Miller walk. I hate how we have so many grinder types on our roster this year. When healthy, and with Hudler back, we dont need so many next year. Under this scenerio we would have 3.332 million in cap room and two spots to fill. Id use one to sign a 13th forward for the league minimum. If Drew Miller wants to play for .500 then fine. If not, he can walk. Then with 2.8 to fill a final spot, I would go after a forward better than Bertuzzi/Williams. Possibly Slava Kozlov for one year.... Just a suggestion, I dont know what kind of player we could get for 2 million, as Im sure wed probably want to leave some room for flexibility.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / * Jiri Hudler ($2.880m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m)
* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
GOALTENDERS
Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $53.468m; CAP ROOM: $3.332m

personally i dont see holmer coming back next season. though an effective pp player, 5 on 5 he has really slowed down... not saying hes a liability but if he wasnt snug on datsyuks wing he may be. nevertheless, the guy hasn't played a full season in like 3 years i just dont see him wanting to struggle through another season in the league after all his recent injuries and the abuse he has endured from since before i can remember. great player, great career... just am not sure he has any left in the tank and if he does it will be another half season because he just cant stay healthy anymore. personally, i wouldn't mind holmer back as long as he produces but it has got to be frustrating for him since he hasnt been able to get a healthy season in, in awhile.

#33 daniel1

daniel1

#40 - UNSTOPPABLE

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,082 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 07:18 PM

So your saying

Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary
Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader
Draper

I think it would work, I haven't run the numbers but dropping Miller, Maltby, Williams, and May while Lids taking a 3.5mil pay cut would probably be enough to afford Torres for 2.whatever along with Hudler and 2mil plus change salary. Abdelkader and Eaves will come cheap and Helm shouldn't be asking for too much of a raise this time around as he's an RFA. I can't see Bert getting much more than the 1.5 we gave him this year, especially if we were to offer him the security of a two year deal at that price too. I doubt Homer asks for a raise and may even take a slight 250K pay cut to stay on too.
"And? If I did, I probably would have been a fighter, so what?"

Who knows; maybe you would realize that enforcers in hockey are critical to a teams chemistry and overall success?

#34 Pavel Hossyukstrom

Pavel Hossyukstrom

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 589 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:48 PM

I'd rather try and take a run for Patrick Sharp for the same money.
Champions are made of metal!!

#35 Hockeytown0001

Hockeytown0001

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 22,599 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 10:50 PM

I'd take Huds back.

"All done? Five bucks." - Pavel Datsyuk after an interview
"Very few cities in the NHL have the history or the following of the Detroit Red Wings." - Steve Yzerman

#36 Jersey Wing

Jersey Wing

Watching Eastern Conference hockey before it was cool...

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 08 March 2010 - 11:26 PM

I can't believe there are people against him coming back. Haven't you seen the now classic 'THE HUDLERS' Photoshop? Don't you want that to mean anything? Where is your pride?

Detroit; Bringing class and honor back to the Eastern Conference since 2013

14361232487_e1fbf33701.jpg

#37 MCleveland89

MCleveland89

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 04:27 AM

So your saying

Torres-Zetterberg-Cleary
Hudler-Filppula-Bertuzzi
Eaves-Helm-Abdelkader
Draper

Hudler and Bertuzzi playing on the same line makes me dizzy. But I like it.

#38 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:41 AM

From CapGeek.com.... I'd try and resign Lilja instead of Meech. Id also let Drew Miller walk. I hate how we have so many grinder types on our roster this year. When healthy, and with Hudler back, we dont need so many next year. Under this scenerio we would have 3.332 million in cap room and two spots to fill. Id use one to sign a 13th forward for the league minimum. If Drew Miller wants to play for .500 then fine. If not, he can walk. Then with 2.8 to fill a final spot, I would go after a forward better than Bertuzzi/Williams. Possibly Slava Kozlov for one year.... Just a suggestion, I dont know what kind of player we could get for 2 million, as Im sure wed probably want to leave some room for flexibility.

Pavel Datsyuk ($6.700m) / Henrik Zetterberg ($6.083m) / Johan Franzen ($3.955m)
Valtteri Filppula ($3.000m) / * Jiri Hudler ($2.880m) / Daniel Cleary ($2.800m)
* Tomas Holmstrom ($2.000m) / Kris Draper ($1.583m) / * Darren Helm ($1.000m)
* Justin Abdelkader ($0.850m) / * Patrick Eaves ($0.700m)
DEFENSEMEN
Brian Rafalski ($6.000m) / * Nicklas Lidstrom ($4.000m)
Brad Stuart ($3.750m) / Niklas Kronwall ($3.000m)
* Andreas Lilja ($1.250m) / Jonathan Ericsson ($0.900m)
Jakub Kindl ($0.883m)
GOALTENDERS
Chris Osgood ($1.417m) / Jimmy Howard ($0.717m)
CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS
ROSTER: 20; PAYROLL: $53.468m; CAP ROOM: $3.332m

If Lilja returns, it is because of one of the following situations:
1) One of Stuart, Kronwall, Ericsson, or Kindl has been included in a package to replace Nicklas Lidstrom, who has retired.
2) One of Stuart, Ericsson, or Kindl has been traded for another reason, or has suffered a long-term injury.

Neither Kindl nor Ericsson will be used as a seventh defenseman. So it's either Meech or someone else just like him. In other words, 95% Meech, if Nick comes back.

"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#39 mmamolo

mmamolo

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:51 AM

Earlier in the season I would have agreed that I wouldnt think that either Kindl or Ericsson would have been used next year as a 7th defenseman but with the way things are going with Ericsson at the moment I wouldnt necessarily rule that option out. I think Ericsson's rookie season is going to open everyone's eyes a little bit and remind everyone of the struggles that an NHL rookie defenseman season brings. I think the stretch drive and any playoff games we may play will play a big role in determining what the Wings do in terms of bringing Lilja back. Ericsson has struggled big time and there is no guarentee that he turns it around in one off season and there is no guarentee that Kindl doesnt have the same struggles next season. Having a steady, veteran pressence on the back head that can kill penalties and block shots like Lilja would go a long way.

Splitting time between Kindl and Ericsson next season wouldnt be the worst thing in the world. Especially considering they'll be making approx 900k each which isn't too insane for a 6th and 7th. It's more than you'd like but it's not crazy. Also, seeing as Lilja missed a year he certainly won't be getting a raise - he may even re-sign at $1M (although that could be wishful thinking).
Posted Imagewww.unsportsmanlike.ca

#40 wingsownnhl43

wingsownnhl43

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 586 posts

Posted 09 March 2010 - 10:59 AM

If Lilja returns, it is because of one of the following situations:
1) One of Stuart, Kronwall, Ericsson, or Kindl has been included in a package to replace Nicklas Lidstrom, who has retired.
2) One of Stuart, Ericsson, or Kindl has been traded for another reason, or has suffered a long-term injury.

Neither Kindl nor Ericsson will be used as a seventh defenseman. So it's either Meech or someone else just like him. In other words, 95% Meech, if Nick comes back.

You know, its funny. Before and up to that playoff series where Lilja handed the Cup to Selanne and the Ducks on a silver platter, I LOATHED Lilja. However, ever since then he has gotten better and better. Although, he still has some giveaways, I think he has progressed into a steady stay at home defenseman. With Lidstrom at 41, Rafalski an amazing offensive defensman but similar defensive skills to LGW posters on this board, Ericsson/Kindl question marks, I think Lilja at 1.25 is a tremendous value. I want him back regardless.

Edited by wingsownnhl43, 09 March 2010 - 11:00 AM.