• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

If Jiri Hudler Returns?!who stays who goes?

Rate this topic

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Hudler-Zetterberg ($30,470,655) thats salaries as they are this year also without Hudlers contract.

Williams-Filppula-Bertuzzi?(he hasn't played bad lately a little soft though)

Eaves-Draper-Helm

Franzen-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Cleary-Hudler-Zetterberg ($30,470,655) thats salaries as they are this year also without Hudlers contract.

Williams-Filppula-Bertuzzi?(he hasn't played bad lately a little soft though)

Eaves-Draper-Helm

No way we keep Williams over Miller. I also think the Wings will explore other options this summer before resigning Bersoftie.

No way we keep Williams over Miller. I also think the Wings will explore other options this summer before resigning Bersoftie.

I think they will keep Williams over Miller just because he is a better goal scorer but hopefully Abby comes up in Millers place. I actually think minus how soft he is this season Bertuzzi has played pretty well saying all the injuries.

Williams has been doing well since he came back from injury.

Miller is probably more expendable, since this team has many lower line checkers and those guys aren't hard to find around the NHL.

Also, Babcock loves that right handed point man on the PP thing.

I agree with the turning his back on us part but come on you can't honestly say if you were making 1.15mill and got offered 10mill you wouldn't take it? he is young and made a mistake he probably regretted it right after he left. Babcock said it best when Hudler first left "he's young and money talks".

Hopefully Hudler.

Not that I hate Hudler, but I'd rather spend 5 million on a bonafide top 6er than 3 million on someone who hasn't proven himself in the top 6.

Sounds like another player on this team... Hudler would be huge on the 2nd unit PP and would fit nicely on the current 2nd line with Z and Cleary.

Hey I'm not saying he wouldn't. He'd be great to have, but I'd rather spend his money on someone proven on the second line at even strength. You know, like Filppula or Cleary, except better.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom (I think he still has a lot to give and should be resigned for cheap)

Franzen Filppula FA

Cleary FA FA

Eaves Helm Draper

And I'm not even sure if we have the cap space, but if we do I'd rather go for a big(ish) name.

Edited by Z and D for the C

I don't like how Hudler handled this whole situation.

But, he wouldn't certainly help this team.

So I'll look past my dislike for him for the betterment of the team.

Hey I'm not saying he wouldn't. He'd be great to have, but I'd rather spend his money on someone proven on the second line at even strength. You know, like Filppula or Cleary, except better.

Zetterberg Datsyuk Holmstrom (I think he still has a lot to give and should be resigned for cheap)

Franzen Filppula FA

Cleary FA FA

Eaves Helm Draper

And I'm not even sure if we have the cap space, but if we do I'd rather go for a big(ish) name.

I agree with this mindset. I think Helm is capable of centering that third line though. Let Draper center Eaves and Abs on the forth line. Whether Huds comes back are not, I still think we need to look into getting a top 6 forward.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Hopefully Hudler.

Not that I hate Hudler, but I'd rather spend 5 million on a bonafide top 6er than 3 million on someone who hasn't proven himself in the top 6.

First off it would be 2.85. Secondly, Hudler had better than top 6 numbers while playing perdominantly on the 3rd/4th lines and 2nd powerplay time. Who do you have in mind that is better than him that could actually afford? Spare yourself the embarassement and don't try to argue Frolov.

Edited by EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I agree.

He turned his back on us and now he wants back into the family?

FU Hudler. Go play in Russia you traitor.

So you wouldn't switch companies if another company offered you more than twice your salary for the exact same job, more responsibility and power, and a boss that didn't underappreciate you?

Allright

So you wouldn't switch companies if another company offered you more than twice your salary for the exact same job, more responsibility and power, and a boss that didn't underappreciate you?

Allright

I wouldn't come whining back to it, though.

I'm old school that way.

No matter what you won't find a guy like Hudler to sign in the off-season 06-07 25pts/07-08 42pts/08-09 57pts and to top it all in 3 seasons he only missed 7 games and this year in the KHL he has 52pts in 53gp i know its the KHL but still. Lets not forget about the chemistry he will already have with this team it would take him what 5-10 games to get it back instead of someone new in the 10-20 game range. Plus who says with the money we could potentially have this off-season we can't have Hudler and a couple other.

First off it would be 2.85. Secondly, Hudler had better than top 6 numbers while playing perdominantly on the 3rd/4th lines and 2nd powerplay time. Who do you have in mind that is better than him that could actually afford? Spare yourself the embarassement and don't try to argue Frolov.

Okay, I rounded the number.

And honestly I'm not sure who to go after, the FA market this summer (for forwards anyway) doesn't seem that great. If we could sign anyone I would take Marleau.

I like your avatar.

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Okay, I rounded the number.

And honestly I'm not sure who to go after, the FA market this summer (for forwards anyway) doesn't seem that great. If we could sign anyone I would take Marleau.

I like your avatar.

Hmmm, if Marleau could be had for 4.5-5 million 4 year contract, I would certainly explore that possibility and take him over Hudler and another player, though I'd doubt that would happen. Who knows though, perhaps he's sick of choking on the Sharks...

Imo my ideal scenario would be for Lidstrom to take the cut to 4 million and Holmstrom to retire, leaving us room to sign both Hudler and Marleau.

And thanks brah, I changed my avatar to support my main man Filppula.

Imo my ideal scenario would be for Lidstrom to take the cut to 4 million and Holmstrom to retire, leaving us room to sign both Hudler and Marleau.

And Rafalski comes to the conclusion he is grossly overpaid and agrees to restructure his contract.

Hmmm, if Marleau could be had for 4.5-5 million 4 year contract, I would certainly explore that possibility and take him over Hudler and another player, though I'd doubt that would happen. Who knows though, perhaps he's sick of choking on the Sharks...

And thanks brah, I changed my avatar to support my main man Filppula.

I think lidz will sign at 3mill a season maybe 1 or 2 and Holmstrom still has at least 1 or 2 left in him more then likely he won't want to leave the Wings for another team so would sign at what they offer him at the chance to take another run before retiring.I don't think Miller will be back and/or either Bertuzzi or Williams.

RFA:

Justin Abdelkader L $710,000(1mill)

Drew Miller L $525,000(don't see getting a contract with Abby potentially coming up full time)

Darren Helm C $500,000(750,000-1mill)

Patrick Eaves R $500,000(750,000)

Derek Meech 500,000(resigns 500,000-750,000)

UFA:

Jason Williams 1,500,000(toss up between Bertuzzi and Williams for a contract)

Tomas Holmstrom 2,250,000(1.5-the same as this season)

Kirk Maltby 750,000(retire)

Todd Bertuzzi 1,500,000(toss up with Williams for a contract)

Niklas Lidstrom 7,450,000(if he comes back 3.5-4mill per season)

Andreas Lilja 1,250,000(stays the same)

Brett Lebda 850,000(hopefully won't resign)

both total: $18,285,000=s*** load to play with

so without signing Lebda,1 of Williams or Bertuzzi,Maltby and Miller, and payingthe rest of them the highest of what i have in the brackets it comes to

$12,500,000 leaving $5,785,000 and if we can get Hudler at 2-3mill per season on say a 3yr

Edited by king_malice

King Malice

I agree with the turning his back on us part but come on you can't honestly say if you were making 1.15mill and got offered 10mill you wouldn't take it? he is young and made a mistake he probably regretted it right after he left. Babcock said it best when Hudler first left "he's young and money talks".

Seriously.

Most of the posters poo-pooing Hudler and "wouldn't take him back" have welcomed Bertuzzi back with open arms.

Hello? Bertuzzi left Detroit for slightly more money to go play for the F#$^ing Ducks - whom just happened to have beaten us that year in the Western Finals and gone on to win the Cup.

Yeah, Bertuzzi was a rental, but Hudler went out of his way to make this as great for the Red Wings as possible -- He certainly did not go to a legitimate rival; he left the league altogether; he guaranteed no team but the Red Wings have his rights when he returns; it's a short term deal (one or two years); and he'll be in his prime when he returns; and when he returns he is signed for two years at less than what Filppula is making (he could have gotten more from Holland - arbitration never works out in the player's favor); and hell, he is legitimately making 4 times as much money for a year or two to play in a decent league closer to home - who can really fault him (it is a job, after all)?

Come on - put this in perspective, and don't use this as an excuse not to welcome him back -- if you simply don't like his game, fine.

Edited by egroen