• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
king_malice

If Jiri Hudler Returns?!who stays who goes?

Rate this topic

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I wouldn't come whining back to it, though.

I'm old school that way.

Instead of looking like it that way, think of it as Hudler saying to Holland "I know you can't afford what I think I'm worth RIGHT NOW, so let me go get my big pay day, and after I will come back and continue to get underpaid at my job when the cap hit works for both sides".

Perspective is a wonderful thing

Instead of looking like it that way, think of it as Hudler saying to Holland "I know you can't afford what I think I'm worth RIGHT NOW, so let me go get my big pay day, and after I will come back and continue to get underpaid at my job when the cap hit works for both sides".

Perspective is a wonderful thing

Then why elect arbitration?

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

Then why elect arbitration?

IIRC, Hudler has stated that the ONLY NHL team he has plans to play for in the near future is the Red Wings. This was a stance to avoid poaching attempts, some of which Kenny may have bitten on, and Hudler would most probably would have not liked.

At least thats what I liked to belive would happen. In all Honesty, he could have just been greedy, but the fact he and Holland are talking makes me skeptical of that.

IIRC, Hudler has stated that the ONLY NHL team he has plans to play for in the near future is the Red Wings. This was a stance to avoid poaching attempts, some of which Kenny may have bitten on, and Hudler would most probably would have not liked.

At least thats what I liked to belive would happen. In all Honesty, he could have just been greedy, but the fact he and Holland are talking makes me skeptical of that.

Electing for arbitration ensures no other team can extend offer sheets (Filppula did the same, and it is typically a sign of good faith from the player). Yes, Hudler could have signed a contract with Holland for a similar favorable price (at his return), but it wouldn't be much of a difference (and might have been more - arbitration has rarely worked in the player's favor).